Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro Crawler comp rules?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #1

Default Micro Crawler comp rules?

Hey

sertching for rules for micro Comp Crawling,

are there any templates of rules ?

Greetings from Germany,

Kreison
kreison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

as far as i know there are no "official" micro comps. there for I dont know of any rules. I would think if they existed they would be here

if you were building a comp rig i would imagine the rules would be determined by the people you crawl with
if you don't have any locals with micros then you dont need to follow any rules
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

me and my buddys scaled down 1.9 comp rules since its the closest thing ...i guess you could scale 1/10 but ive decided dig is excessive for these guys just my opinion but 1.9 comp rules work good for me its soo much more fun to challenge yourself with a comp format
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
me and my buddys scaled down 1.9 comp rules since its the closest thing ...i guess you could scale 1/10 but ive decided dig is excessive for these guys just my opinion but 1.9 comp rules work good for me its soo much more fun to challenge yourself with a comp format
If you've got a copy of that written down, could you post it up?
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

^ Yeah,that would be so nice.
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

search the forum for usrcca 1.9 rules i cant seem to find it right now but ill keep looking

EDIT: found em

2.4 - Class 3 – Class 1.9 :
o 2.4.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 8.5 inches.
o 2.4.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 8 inches. This is determined by measuring the
bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
o 2.4.3 - Vehicle is limited to 1.9 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided
that the tire bead surface does not exceed 1.9 inches in diameter. With a tire mounted no exterior component of the
wheel including but not limited to the bead lock ring shall exceed 2.2". Tires may be modified from other sized tires
using only a pliable rubber but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 4.25 inches.
o 2.4.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
o 2.4.5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 channels radio control (one for steering & one for throttle)
only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than
2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
o 2.4.6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
o 2.4.7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles.
o 2.4.8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed.
Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and
forced articulation are not allowed in this class.
o 2.4.9 – A battery is limited to 11.1 nominal voltage.
o 2.4.10 – 1.9 Crawler class bodiless 6.75" overall length, 2.5" overall width, and 3.25" overall height.
o 2.4.11 - 1.9 Class body must be 2.75” minimum height on sides. No less than 9” total length and full original
width, and no less than 3” in the center. All bodies should resemble its original form (Jeep bodies look like a Jeep)

i can scale them down for you guys if you want my list of rules is at my buddys house

Last edited by murderface; 12-12-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Found them I think:
http://www.usrcca.com/usrcca_rules_2...-09-master.pdf
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I like those 1.9 rules. One of the reasons I got out of 2.2 was all the extra crap that was being introduced weekly. One week I had a good rig, the next week it was a stone age relic. Keeping up with the guys who had money and time for more channels, more servos, more technology was killing me.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

wb 6 3/8 "
track width 6"
batt limited to 7.4v
for 1/24

ive scaled mine down even more though 4 1/4 wb width 4" and body is 4 1/2x1 1/2x1 1/8 since these areent quite 1/24th scale theyre actually 1/36th also tire size is limited to 2 1/4"

my rig doesnt meet the body reqirements cus my damn hood snapped off lol but ill tape it back on

Last edited by murderface; 12-12-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
I like those 1.9 rules. One of the reasons I got out of 2.2 was all the extra crap that was being introduced weekly. One week I had a good rig, the next week it was a stone age relic. Keeping up with the guys who had money and time for more channels, more servos, more technology was killing me.
im actually working on a 2.2 rig right now its an axial xr10 i drove my buddys and got hooked so 600 bucks later its a roller and another 200 ill have a runner this is not a hobby for the weak of wallet lol
Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Wheel bases are a big thing that need to be addressed it should be stock and mod two classes IMO.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
im actually working on a 2.2 rig right now its an axial xr10 i drove my buddys and got hooked so 600 bucks later its a roller and another 200 ill have a runner this is not a hobby for the weak of wallet lol
I have over 250.00 in just V.P. stuff on mine & not done w/them untill the Trans case, motor plate & gears come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Wheel bases are a big thing that need to be addressed it should be stock and mod two classes IMO.
X2.

Stock W.B. is definitely gonna be a disadvantage Compared to anyone w/streched W.B.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-buck View Post
X2. Stock W.B. is definitely gonna be a disadvantage Compared to anyone w/streched W.B.
Exactly Tom
Old 12-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

then maybe we do micro and super micro ...long wheelbases can use 4ws and bigger tires like qlos
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Maybe a stock class, limited to stock WB, tires, 2s, and 2ch.

The a mod class w/ no limits aside from the micro axles?

I've been dying to have a big micro comp, or at least a set up at a normal comp.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

What about a modified Stock class? Upgraded chassis, tires, wheels, weights, etc. but stock electrics (Esc, Motor, Servo)?

Also, Beelzebob, what type of course would you use in a comp?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

well, the tronics don't give you as much of an advantage as a 6" WB 4" wide Mini QLO tire rockin rig.

if you were to make 2 classes, I think 1 would have to accommodate those who haven't plugged a few hundred bucks into one.

So the stock WB, 2s lipo, and 2ch would limit a great deal, but still allow some competitive modifications.

Then for the rest of us, we could just have an unlimited(ish) class. the restrictions there would be Losi micro axles and like a 7' WB?

We could also have a scaler class. following along the guidelines of larger scale comps.

As far as to WHAT we could run on...... EVERYTHING.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
well, the tronics don't give you as much of an advantage as a 6" WB 4" wide Mini QLO tire rockin rig.

if you were to make 2 classes, I think 1 would have to accommodate those who haven't plugged a few hundred bucks into one.

So the stock WB, 2s lipo, and 2ch would limit a great deal, but still allow some competitive modifications.

Then for the rest of us, we could just have an unlimited(ish) class. the restrictions there would be Losi micro axles and like a 7' WB?

We could also have a scaler class. following along the guidelines of larger scale comps.

As far as to WHAT we could run on...... EVERYTHING.
I can understand that. Was just thinking upgraded servo, ESC, etc might give an advantage as well, but I see what you're saying.

Asked about the course because if you used the Losi Micro course, other could practice, but I believe it's a little too small.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Limiting 1 class to completley stock would be too boring IMHO. they kinda suck ass right out of the box.

So allowing better servos, batts, and even ESC would give an advantage, but keep everone in the same ball field.

As for a Super Micro class, i dunno. I could make mine 12" long if i wanted LOL.....

So put a cap on the WB, but then let everyone go nutz.

A 7" Micro w/ dig and 4WS would be cool, but pretty top heavy compared to one w/o.

the lil card board thing from Losi is lame.

I spent like $100 on foam and paint and texture when i first got mine.

We cold do 3 courses, 1 all natural, 1 all synthetic, and then 1 urban course w/ books, DVD's shoes, beer bottles etc.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

stock wheelbase axle to axle (lenght only) width will take care of it's self.
All mods allowed.

Altered wheelbase axle to axle (maximum length)
All mods allowed.

Box Stock
Must use all the stock parts.