Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ~micro eclipse~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
WTF
Pebble Pounder

Default ~micro eclipse~

So, the sickness started last Christmas, my girlfriend works at the LHS and as a gift she got me a Micro. Outta the box I think we all agree this thing needed help. Well being a noob and not having a clue after a few battery packs I got bored and on the shelf it went (I didn't realize RCC was here). So... There it sat very unhappy with its life, looking down at me every day helplessly saying please lets play... Then one day I was on thetoyz forum and stumbled across the crawler section and a link to this grand forum ... As I wandered around this site overwhelmed by the information and knowledge the sickness started to creep from within. I sat and read for hours turning into days stupefied by the work, the inspiration, the drive y'all have...

So it started, off the shelf with the micro and onto the mods, I followed the tips and tricks in the build threads. Removed the springs, removed excess plastic i.e. batt tray, esc tray, esc shell, flipped the tranny, cut a hole in the back of the servo and separated the wires for better flex. Then I started trimming the body, cut out the windows. With all that done I removed approx. 10g from the upper section of the chassis. Well, I could crawl anything on my computer desk, but alas the little bugger still wouldn't climb a real rock to save its life. So I tryed removing the foams, adding weight, siping the tires, and still I was not impressed with the performance.

Billet Works Designs Micro Vertex Wheels anodized black
RC4WD RokLox (front) RC4WD Rock Crushers (rear)
What a world of difference,
stock tire/wheel = 10.1g each
BWD/RC4WD = 19.5g each
Extra 35g at the axles now the rig stays planted. I tried the rims with the stock tires to see if the tires or the weight made the difference, after testing both IMO the stock tires suck.

Still not satisfied with the look I decided to try an after-market chassis... After much debate over the choices of sweet looking chassis I decided to go with the Ripper7Racing Micro Eclipse...

RTR weight = 248g
W.B. = 4.6"
Width = 3.75"
Height = 2.8"
Belly Clearance = .8"
Now with all the changes I love this thing, drive it everyday it seems, and its a blast to take it to the comps and play around while waiting.
Thank You... to all those with helpful tips and build threads.
Thank You to all the vendors for their quality products.
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

nice lookin rig...i hadnt seen an eclipse build yet

check mine out

Murderface Micro build thread
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yep, the eclipse is a great chassis. Thats the one I run. Yours looks great with the vertex wheels and new tires.
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #4

Sweet chassis. Is there anyone selling them besides R7R? They are all out and I "have to have" one.
theinjected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:26 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

r7r makes them theyre the only ones selling them
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:00 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I will say that when these things first came out I was like WTF? Now that there's more aftermarket parts coming out for them there kinda growing on me. I realy like the looks of the Eclipse chassis setup with them wheels.

Oh yea, any video?
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #7
WTF
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderface View Post
nice lookin rig...i hadnt seen an eclipse build yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
Yep, the eclipse is a great chassis. Thats the one I run. Yours looks great with the vertex wheels and new tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL View Post
I realy like the looks of the Eclipse chassis setup with them wheels.

Oh yea, any video?
Thank you for the complements... Ya, I really like the wheel/tires combo on this chassis, looks and drives killer. New camera in the mail, will be posting video soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinjected1 View Post
Sweet chassis. Is there anyone selling them besides R7R? They are all out and I "have to have" one.
Read the R7R homepage, it usually has info on when he's open and shipping, I had to wait a bit, and kept checking the site, but it was worth the wait.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:26 PM   #8
rik
RCC Addict

really nice build here. how do you like the tire combo? i never thought about doin that. i run the rock crushers on mine and feel they dont have enough bite. do the Lox have more. if they do, that'd be nice.(the lox in front/crusher's in rear) sort of like a natural "dig" good idea
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #9

Just looked. All chassis appear to be in stock. Hit 'em up now y'all. With the holiday season coming I know I am looking for something that "has to get done" in the garage while the in-laws are around. I got my mine

Last edited by theinjected1; 11-30-2010 at 06:48 PM.
theinjected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #10
WTF
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
really nice build here. how do you like the tire combo? i never thought about doin that. i run the rock crushers on mine and feel they dont have enough bite. do the Lox have more. if they do, that'd be nice.(the lox in front/crusher's in rear) sort of like a natural "dig" good idea
Thanks, tire combo works well for me, ya the Lox seem to have more forward bite.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 AM   #11
WTF
Pebble Pounder

Compilation video of my micro, Eclipse chassis starts @ about 7:30...

Micro Video

Tags
bwd, eclipse, losi, micro, r7r