Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: orangeplug's 100 Post Build.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up orangeplug's 100 Post Build.

This is my 100th post and I had a idea for a chassis that I have been deciding weather to do it or no't,well I'm going to do it!

This was the first plan i was going to do but i decided against it:

Now heres what I'm going to do:
!*WARNING ROUGH SKETCH*!

Now this is a little better and a lot cleaner and much more organized.

Okay so heres the spec's:
Hitec HS-55 servo
Stock 4.8v Nihm battery
Extended front drive shaft
Extended top and
Extended bent bottom links
RC4WD Rock Crusher tires
Wighted wheels
Water proofed esc

Okay now all of that is out of the way I need some help,What kind of material should I use for it that is easy to cut with the common house hold shop tools I.E dreamal, jig saw, hex saw, grinder and so on.

Thank you for your interest in this thread and I look forward in the future of this.

Last edited by orangeplug; 12-14-2010 at 08:52 PM.
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #2

I like it

Really like the first scetch you decided against, atleast the looks, how good it is i do not know, as my micro is still not more then stock
The Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I decided against it because of the lack in mounting potions and it was mainly just a doodle,and thank you for the comment!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
rik
RCC Addict

i like the 2nd. it's a clean and straight forward design sans the extra B.S... but i am w/ The Door, the 1st is freaking sweet!!! you gotta do something with that!!! just my 2 cents..
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

ahah thanks rik,but thats just what a 15 year old teenagers does when hes board and the batteries are charging,but may I ask what extra B.S is?
I like all the criticism I can get good, bad and even the ugly.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeplug View Post
ahah thanks rik,but thats just what a 15 year old teenagers does when hes board and the batteries are charging,but may I ask what extra B.S is?
I like all the criticism I can get good, bad and even the ugly.
First let me say that I am not gonna criticize anything cuz I don't the first thing about designing a chassis.

But I would say the extra b.s. Would be material. Looks like ya got just enough material left at the mounting points to give sufficient support. it appears that this really isn't a "nose" to this design. Which, IMO looks great. Will it work? I haven't a clue. I don't anything about design. It looks good...but come on. The first one looks sweet! I'm 31 yrs old, and feel half my age...so I'm around 15.

How thick do you want the chassis? You could use aluminum, delrin, or carbon fiber. Hell I think some have even used u kitchen cutting board. There's a thread on here where someone made a sick chassis out of carbon fiber. All of which can be cut with common tools.

Last edited by rik; 12-09-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks,I need all I can get and I think it will work.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default Shocks

Okay so tomorrow I'm going to be picking up the material for the chassis but for now a have a shock update.

So I won't be extending the shaft at all but just the main rod or what ever you would like to call it but enough with the talking here are some pictures!

Note that the tape is only temporarily their in-till the glue drys.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Sweet buggy idea! I'm gonna watch this one....
bird8oy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
rik
RCC Addict

nice work!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Well I didnt have time to make the chassis you can blame my science teacher for that errr but I did get the matriel and I did make the template for it and will be making it today hopefully and I forgot to mention in my last post that I will only be extending the front links, shocks and drive shaft becuase of the motor will be mounted in the back and since the wight will all be in the back I will try to fit the ESC in the front along with the battery if i have room that is for some good ol' low COG....Now enough with the talking on with the pictures

I made the second shock and the glue had drayed and i also removed the springs it just looked goofy and it didn't work all that well....

And the chassis template....

PLEASE GIVE ME ALL THE FEED BACK YOU CAN! GOOD OR BAD....

Thanks,
orangeplug
Old 12-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Well i ran into some problems making the chassis 1) being that the floor board was to thin to drill holes for the skid plate so i have to use the original chassis and 2) the build is at a hault because of one of my shocks broke and I need to wait for a week so i can put some money in my paypal account that is if i can make any money shovel the neighbors drive ways...stupid Christmas making me spend all my hard eared money on family....no i kid, its all worth it so yeah I do have pictures below so be sure to check them out.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeplug View Post
2) the build is at a hault because of one of my shocks broke.....
hey i tried to PM ya but it says you cant receive PM's...i got four shocks that i will never use again and would be more than happy to donate for your build. if ya can, PM me. if not, email me. my email address is on my profile page....
Old 12-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I sent you a email rik and thank you so much
Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #15
rik
RCC Addict

i got the email. i'll send them tomorrow. merry christmas orangeplug..
Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Okay,thanks again rik it means a allot and i appreciate you do so,and merry Christmas to you as well
Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

BIG UPDATE

Well I was looking at my current chassis and i really didn't like the look of it,it just didn't look neat enough...so I started building another one and I finished it tonight and tomorrow I will make the other side.

I also made my extended bottom links for the front and they turned out pretty good and of right now the wheel length is 3.5 inch from the inside of the tires and 7.5 inches from the out side tries...and I also painted my wheels and I'm going to make my own bed-locks out of washers so i don't have to fool around with solider any more and also I want to thank rik for sending me his shocks I really appreciate it man,I really do!

Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Well I had a very productive day today and I finished the other side of the chassis and i made the shock posts and I just have to wait for my shocks that rik os so kindly sent me and my rock crushers for rc4wd and then
i'm good to go!

Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #19
rik
RCC Addict

you get those shocks yet? i sent them 11 days ago..
Old 01-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

No,not yet rik,all mail in Canada was on pause intill wendsday this week so maybe they will be here on monday or Tuesday....hopefully I'm getting so excited man,I can't thank you enough!

But on a side note my I got my tires on Christmas morning thanks "Santa" haha,I will try to post pictures soon but my computer('s) aren't reading my camera so I'll figure something out,

-orangplug