Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: johnny's beer can body tmc: New Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #21
Scale Detail Engineering

I finally ran the micro on the rocks! I was going to sell it but now... idk. I kind of want to get miniqlo tires, extend the wb more and build a course
It needs some weight added up front.
I took off the panels for this run. My 12 yr old nephew and I were taking turns running it and the cell phone cam.

Warning: This video is kind of hard to watch. He was zoomed in and it's very shakey at times... but there are a few good lines

http://youtu.be/MIF0ZxLpDXY

Here's the full thing

Last edited by johnnyh66; 10-20-2011 at 10:35 AM.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #22
Scale Detail Engineering

WOW

I picked up a set of Mini QLO tires because they were cheap, what a difference!
I also inboarded the upper links on the chassis. This change has really helped the suspension work like it should. I can actually "float" a front wheel now...
If you have a TMC chassis, I highly recommend doing this.

I'm still running the Predator 80T, it's got enough power for the MiniQLO tires but I feel that I've lost a little of my low end control, I really need to get my hands on a 90T

I'm thinking of adding .75oz to 1oz of lead in each front wheel. I think I'll try that this weekend, I just hope it's not to much for the 80T.
I may also extend the WB just a little more, maybe .25" to put me at an even 5".

I also moved the BWD black rings to the inside, I like the silver better... especially with this massive tire.

The new tires and inboard upper links have really uped the game of the micro, I'm hooked on it once again
Attached Images

Last edited by johnnyh66; 10-20-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #23
DVS
Pebble Pounder

That looks Great.
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

That thing is a Hoss now! Welcome back to the dark side. My TMC should arrive today and will be built up very similar to yours. Nice work.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #25
Scale Detail Engineering

Thanks guys!

I gotta get my panels back on, it's gonna look sharp

I wish my local club had a micro comp class because this little guy can walk the walk!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Start bringing that thing to play at comps and envy will ensue, thus dick swinging and a class will follow.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #27

My Micro looks alot like yours. Has for a long time now. I agree with the last post, make the others look twice, and a compition will begin, always does!

Good build, looks nice, one thing I am going to work on mine is lowering the COG. It just seems that this little guy is always top heavy, and I could get much better lines if it would just squat in. I have done all the mods every one else has done, and a few of my own. Now to go even further.

Again good build, and good video.
Mr.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #28
rik
RCC Addict

very nice, i always liked this rig. the club i belong to is starting a winter series of micro comps. and yea, a 90t is what ya need. running one in my ridgeback with qlo;s and couldnt be happier

just saw the video...awesome...but.....touch, revers, touch, touch, touch,.....i think youre pointed out...

j/k!

oh and i gotta thank you. this is the build i remembered when i was trying to figure out how i was gonna do panels on my ridgeback..

Last edited by rik; 10-20-2011 at 08:16 PM.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
very nice, i always liked this rig. the club i belong to is starting a winter series of micro comps. and yea, a 90t is what ya need. running one in my ridgeback with qlo;s and couldnt be happier
Hey Thanks Rik!
I do need a 90T... I just gotta find one now

Quote:
just saw the video...awesome...but.....touch, revers, touch, touch, touch,.....i think youre pointed out...
That was actually my first time "really" running it on the rocks. I've mostly drove it in the house and the back yard but nothing as challenging as that flower bed

Quote:
oh and i gotta thank you. this is the build i remembered when i was trying to figure out how i was gonna do panels on my ridgeback..
Cool! I saw that...
I was wondering when someone else was going to do it. They really work great but ya gotta watch the edges!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
Good build, looks nice, one thing I am going to work on mine is lowering the COG.
Thanks Mr. G!

Last night I added 1oz of lead to each front wheel and quickly realized that was to much. So I took them back apart and now have .5oz in each front wheel.

And then I rerouted all my electronics to clean it up a little and wouldn't ya know it... as I was putting the roof bars back on I pulled out the dang positive switch wire

I just had my friend solder that same damn wire a few weeks ago. My soldering tip is really fat for these tiny little soldering jobs. I think I'm going to just bridge it and be done with it!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #30
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post

I think I'm going to just bridge it and be done with it!
I wanna do the same thing with mine. Do you just cut the switch and connect the two wires?
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:19 PM   #31
Scale Detail Engineering

The on/off switch came off on my Mamba Max and I:
Desoldered both wires.
Laid a very short wire across both terminals.
Soldered it down to each point.
Snipped off excess wire.
Made sure no part of the wire or solder was touching any other wire/terminal.
Covered with hot glue.

So far so good
Old 11-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

This is sweet. I am looking into getting one for this winter for inside stuff. I love the beer can body.
rockeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #33
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockeater View Post
This is sweet. I am looking into getting one for this winter for inside stuff. I love the beer can body.
Thanks man, they are a lot of fun. I built mine last winter to use indoors but now that it has the MiQlo tires on it, it's capable enough to run outside. I'm taking it on vacation with me next month

I still need to fix the switch.
I'm going to make new panels too.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

i JUST got my tmc in the mail a few days ago...
i saw yours on the google images and it hooked me, didnt know u were on here till a little bit ago.
my rig is starting to go together, im using the link measurements from the crawlerx, are they the ones u used to build yours?
it just seems like yours runs sooo much lower than mine in the front with the same screw hole setup (beer can body photos)
ive got some qlo tires on the way too, did u have to move your shocks fwd to compensate for them?
elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #35
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: johnny's beer can body tmc: New Video

Wow man, I just saw this.
I hope the micro worked out for you.

I need to install the Predator 90 I picked up in place of my current 80.
I took it out to the lakefront today, it was freezing!

The micro did good but it stalled out several times trying to turn the big tires when they got bound up.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it... 3s and I'd love it!

some post run poser pics:
Attached Images