Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Gimp's Micro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Gimp's Micro

Losi Micro
DP Torsion Chassis
RC4WD Rok Lox
CAC Aluminum Wheels
49g/22g (F/R wheel weight)
Custom BTA
Flipped Trans
De-cased ESC/Rx
Thunder Power 2s 250mah LiPo's
Micro Deans

Old picture with my Bronco....

Last edited by Gimp; 01-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
rik
RCC Addict

ahh shxt! there she is! looks good bud! i like those wheels.. since i missed the GTG on saturday, just shoot me your addy (over on EPA's site) and i'll see if i can send those track pieces to ya. think of it as a late xmas present. something for school to crawl on. unless, ya guys wanna do a scale G2G in two weeks.."cough cough-hint hint"

edit...did ya reverse the tranny?

oh and ya know that the micro's are gaining #'s in EPA, right? we gotta do a micro "comp" this summer...

Last edited by rik; 01-11-2011 at 06:15 PM.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
ahh shxt! there she is! looks good bud! i like those wheels.. since i missed the GTG on saturday, just shoot me your addy (over on EPA's site) and i'll see if i can send those track pieces to ya. think of it as a late xmas present. something for school to crawl on. unless, ya guys wanna do a scale G2G in two weeks.."cough cough-hint hint"

edit...did ya reverse the tranny?
no no no I don't want you to ship them. I can wait till I see ya. I've been using my jacket and bed comforter lol. I'll be home the 28th-30th. Maybe we can have an EPA gtg?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
no no no I don't want you to ship them. I can wait till I see ya. I've been using my jacket and bed comforter lol. I'll be home the 28th-30th. Maybe we can have an EPA gtg?
sounds good.. got a couple of more ?'s.. how ya liking the little guy? and where did ya get those rims? me likey likey.........how long until ya scale this thing out? and, are ya gonna be able to handle the fact that there just aren't that many tire options for this rig? ya know, you being EPARC's UN-OFFICIAL TIRE TESTER..

and for those who dont know gimp....this guy changes tires like the rest of us change underwear...

oh, and when, not if, but when ya change tires, i got dibs on the rock lox..so be careful when taking them off the rims.

Last edited by rik; 01-11-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
sounds good.. got a couple of more ?'s.. how ya liking the little guy? and where did ya get those rims? me likey likey.........how long until ya scale this thing out? and, are ya gonna be able to handle the fact that there just aren't that many tire options for this rig? ya know, you being EPARC's UN-OFFICIAL TIRE TESTER..

and for those who dont know gimp....this guy changes tires like the rest of us change underwear...
lol I am EPA's Un-Official Tire Tester
I'm really happy with it so far. I actually plan on keeping it like this. I don't really want to scale it out because being so small, they're already performance hindered enough (if that makes any sense lol). I was really supprised how big of a difference the tires and weighting made. The wheels are from RPP, I got them on sale for $25. I'm a CAC nut so they were perfect lol.
The only other things I'll do (as of now) is a new servo when the stocker pukes and maybe a different motor. Gets a little hot after 5-10 mins which is normal, still researching alternatives...

Thanks for getting me involved with the Micro's Rik! Really enjoying it
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp View Post
lol I am EPA's Un-Official Tire Tester
I'm really happy with it so far. I actually plan on keeping it like this. I don't really want to scale it out because being so small, they're already performance hindered enough (if that makes any sense lol). I was really supprised how big of a difference the tires and weighting made. The wheels are from RPP, I got them on sale for $25. I'm a CAC nut so they were perfect lol.
The only other things I'll do (as of now) is a new servo when the stocker pukes and maybe a different motor. Gets a little hot after 5-10 mins which is normal, still researching alternatives...

Thanks for getting me involved with the Micro's Rik! Really enjoying it
not a problem...gonna look into the rims..as far as motors go..get in touch with getbent here on rcc..he does 80t motors. put one in mine, and, wow. what a difference.. if your using lipo's this is what ya want..the motor is by far the best upgrade i have done so far.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
not a problem...gonna look into the rims..as far as motors go..get in touch with getbent here on rcc..he does 80t motors. put one in mine, and, wow. what a difference.. if your using lipo's this is what ya want..the motor is by far the best upgrade i have done so far.
Thanks! His name came up in my searches, gonna shoot him a PM
Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Nice rig. Got any pics of the BTA setup?
Krawln68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawln68 View Post
Nice rig. Got any pics of the BTA setup?
Thanks! Sorry, no close ups. I followed this write up though, only modified a few of his steps a little...Micro Rock Crawler BTA using stock parts
Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Just bought a getbent 80t motor
Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Looks good!
2manyprojects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyprojects View Post
Looks good!
Thanks! It's a fun little bugger
Old 01-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #13

Cool rig, Gimp! I am curious about the steering servo set up? It appears you have moved the steering linkage to the rear of the axle, I assume the DP chassis allows this because there are no shocks? Are there any other changes required to do this? TIA
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Cool rig, Gimp! I am curious about the steering servo set up? It appears you have moved the steering linkage to the rear of the axle, I assume the DP chassis allows this because there are no shocks? Are there any other changes required to do this? TIA
Thanks! It's pretty easy to do. The DP chassis does eliminate the shock, making room for the BTA. As stated above, this is the process I followed (Micro Rock Crawler BTA using stock parts).
Old 01-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #15

Thanks, I'm brand new to crawling, so didn't know what "BTA" meant. "Behind The Axle", I assume?
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95 View Post
Thanks, I'm brand new to crawling, so didn't know what "BTA" meant. "Behind The Axle", I assume?
Yes sir
Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Just a small update.... lowered the body, cut the bottom tabs and windows out to lighten it up a tad, added a little more front weight, and decaled the body. It's starting to perform nicely. It could really benefit from wideners, but the last time I looked they were sold out.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Looks good Gimp, glad to see the micro's still up and runnin and getting some love! How's that DP chassis holdin up for you? Its nice how low you can get the body to sit without the shocks and shock towers to get in the way.
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

if you extend the dp like 1/4 to 1/2 inch it will flex amazingly!!
stroker613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Thanks fellas, it's a fun little rig to tinker with