Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: nano QLO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Count me in for one nano scaler.
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

^ Thats what im going to try to do with this thing!
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
rik
RCC Addict

imo it looks ok. but lets face it. all we're paying for is the axles. the rest, to me, looks cheap. as of now, i'm more interested in those track pieces...
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

A new video is up and it looks much more capable then i thought it would be!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdcC7...&feature=feedu
Old 01-24-2011, 08:59 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Crawls pretty good and has good speed, I just don't like how jittery the steering is. Def has some decent flex for its size though.

To expensive for me to consider, to much for what it is imo.

Last edited by dockman; 01-24-2011 at 09:01 PM.
dockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Im wondering if we could swap out the stock esc and replace it with a micro esc hopefully to help the jittery servo....
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

yeah, the jitter thing has me concerned, the speed control seems ok, but the steering is really twitchy. if that can be fixed, then another scaler will be needed.
Krazy_Polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #28
On the lookout for Rocks

It's got some killer axle steer going on.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Default Where To Buy

Don't know where we will ever be able to buy these?? I checked with Dinball & NSCALESTATION the primary EBAY sellers of the Miniqlo and neither of them will be selling the NANO.

If somebody finds them for sale please let us know. Good luck to us all.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Default Buying

Anybody figure out yet where to get the NANO?? I have spent hours and can't find any on a site that I can read the shopping cart in english.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I just saw one at my LHS (I live in Osaka, sorry). It looks pretty cool, but I'm not sure how mod-able it will be. The guy at the shop said they'd have them for sale later on this month for about 5700 yen, I'm hoping one of the other stores will be able to sell them for a bit less.

Modding problems: You're probably stuck with the stock controller. It doesn't look like an RF controller, but instead I'm pretty sure it's infrared. The on/off switch housing seems to be molded into the chassis, and (I can't be sure) but it looks like it is glued or snap-tited together rather than using screws. I'm sure someone will buy it, slice it up, and mod it, but the potential for disaster looks pretty high to me. I'm also pretty sure that the battery is stuck in there with all the electronics, I didn't see anything that looked like it could be removed.

It was pretty capable (ran it around on the counter at the store), the tires were good. The CG is a little high, I rolled it a couple times trying to sidehill across a couple of stacked DVD cases.

It is tiny!!!! Those suspension links (plastic) are about the thickness of a large paper clip.

I don't think it weighs enough for that to be a problem, but for modding, good luck!

If I can get it for under, say, 5000 yen, I'll probably do so, but 6000 is a bit much, the street price for the MiniQlo is only 12,000, and that has tons of inexpensive hopups available. We'll see.

-val

LAV25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Default Thank you

Will you please let us know what all the numbers equate to in US dollars. Thank you.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Sure thing. Right now, 6000 yen is 73.67 USD, so 5000 yen is 61.87. The MiniQlo, at 12,000 yen, would be about 148 dollars.

Just remember, exchange rates fluctuate, although they've been holding pretty steady in the 82-83 yen to the dollar range, and for those outside of Japan, you've got to figure that there might be some additional costs due to shipping and import tariffs before you buy your truck.

-val
Old 02-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I think the axles are the only thing anyone cares about.
Id love to run a pair of those micro MOA's with Mini Qlo Tires and my TMC blade chassis
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockman View Post
I just don't like how jittery the steering is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeplug View Post
Im wondering if we could swap out the stock esc and replace it with a micro esc hopefully to help the jittery servo....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Polak View Post
yeah, the jitter thing has me concerned, the speed control seems ok, but the steering is really twitchy.
Not trying to sell this thing, honest. However, the steering isn't really jittery, when I was at the shop I noticed the same thing you guys are talking about. I guess the best way to put it is that the steering is semi-proportional, rather than smoothly tracking all the way through its range, it moves in four or five "steps" in each direction. Each "step" seemed to hold solid.

I know I'm going to end up buying one of these. Curses!

-val
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I think the axles are the only thing anyone cares about.
Id love to run a pair of those micro MOA's with Mini Qlo Tires and my TMC blade chassis

No offense, but I don't think you realize just how small the Nano is. Running Miniqlo tires on it would be like running 40 series tires on an MRC. The Nano's overall length is 103mm, the width is listed at 57.5 mm, and my Miniqlo's stock tires are about 58mm in diameter. Two Miniqlo tires sitting next to each other with the tread touching would be longer that the whole Nano end to end, and one laying on its side would be wider. On the other hand, they'd probably make good obstacles for a Nano.

All that said, best of luck in modding one when you get it, I'm sure you'll come up with something nice.

-val
Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

None taken. it was just an out loud thought. id have to have one here in front of me to see whats do-able
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 AM   #38

Well, I decided to buy one of these, and my god it is TINY!
Here's a size comparison with my losi mcrc:

Amazing thing is that this tiny little crawler actually crawls good, and is truly a "desktop" crawler.
It's IR controlled and although it doesn't have much steps in steering or throttle, at this size it really doesn't affect it's performance much.
Only downside is the servo that protrudes at front, meaning that it tends to get stuck there.
Also, if you're thinking of modding it, I wish you luck because this thing is really really tiny.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that it's tiny?

EDIT:
Ah, another potential downside may be the fragile motor wires, which snapped too easily at soldering point.
Few minute resoldering solved it, but darn it's so eye-straining on such a small motor.

Last edited by markh78; 02-02-2011 at 06:18 AM.
markh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #39
Pebble Pounder

MRC tires on that thing would be bigger then Qlos on the Mrc
Mav68erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Default Markh78 help

where did you find one?? I want one or two real bad but can't find where to buy one. Please let me know how to get one. Thank you in advance.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/294256-nano-qlo.html
Posted By For Type Date
yokomo nanoqlo! thats right nano! - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:20 PM