Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: nano QLO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #61
YSL
Rock Stacker

Default mine's broken

got it last nite..
this thing sure is fun!

well...while crawling on the table top, the truck rolled over and dropped on the floor..
the ball which attaches the swing arms on the rear axle broked

went searching for the spare part(s), and guess what..no spares as of now..not in Tokyo anyway..

so to those planning to get one, beware not to drop this thing

cheers!
YSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by constantmotion View Post
It's got some killer axle steer going on.

Got it yesterday, and I don't think there's that much

That was postioned, not driven in, but it does axle steer pretty badly. Sometimes the back axle gets out of line and, with front steering, it's sort of crabbing.

Despite that, and a couple other niggling little issues, I really like it. It runs around great on the desk or coffee table, a couple of pens, some of the wife's makeup stuff, and you've got a course.

And, just for comparison, the Miniqlo, Losi Micro, and Nano all in line. Sorry it's kind of backlit:

They really scale out like a 2.2, a 1.9, and a micro in comparison to each other!

-val
LAV25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

you doin alright over there lav?
stroker613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Yes, thanks. Osaka is something like 400 miles from Sendai, which is where the main quake/tsunami etc hit, so we are unaffected. The wife has family in the affected area, but they've all managed to get in touch and let us know that they're alright. We just had another small quake about half an hour ago though, which worried me a little, but it looks like nothing major happened. Fingers crossed.

-val
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #65

Is there anywhere to still get these for the US?
jessecuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

It's cool but imo its not worth the money, it costs as much as a losi micro crawler and its not really upgradable and if any part breaks, you're pretty much screwed. They're fun and all but they have crazy crazy axle wrap and the infrared remote control sucks, you have to point the remote at it the whole time or it wont work which means you have to be pretty close to it.
SNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Lav,

That is a cool toy. I have to admit I found the site to buy one about a minute after hearing about them. The cost is to much. The question I have is how does it charge? It would be sweet if it used a wall charger, but at that size I would guess it plugs into the controller. It sounds like it is an IR controller, is that right?
bouncingbabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncingbabyboy View Post
Lav,

That is a cool toy. I have to admit I found the site to buy one about a minute after hearing about them. The cost is to much. The question I have is how does it charge? It would be sweet if it used a wall charger, but at that size I would guess it plugs into the controller. It sounds like it is an IR controller, is that right?
It does have a wall charger. There's a big boxy plug with a cord coming off of it. The cord has a tiny little jack that plugs into a port in the left side, under the roll cage, opposite the power switch. The plug has an LED on it. When you first plug it in, it shows red. I didn't time it, but I watched TV for a while, and when I came back, it was green. I would definitely check with someone in the US or Canada before I bought one though, Japan is on a different current (100v AC, either 50 or 60 hz, depending on which part of the country you live in) and I don't know enough about electricity to know if that will affect how accurately it will charge the battery, which is a 1 cell LiPo.

If I lived in the US, I'd probably think it was too much. Here, with the higher cost of living and no international shipping charges, it cost me the equivalent of ten cool, refreshing adult beverages at my local watering hole. Not too bad.

Hope this helps.

-val
Old 05-16-2011, 10:37 PM   #69

Default Trouble with Nano QLO

Hi all, i got my nano QLO in the mail today. I charged it and turns on ok but its not running at all, the problem im guessing must be in the IR remote.
The light on the vehicle is solid red and the light on the remote is not turning on at all. Is the light on the remote always on, or does it turn on only when you press the trigger. Any one having this trouble? Any help in this matter is much appreciated. Was really looking forward to playing with the nano.
RUDYGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #70
Pebble Pounder

From what i've heard you gotta have the remote controller like less a foot away from the nano QLO, this kinda makes the Infrared TX/RX a joke.. =/
ChiefWigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDYGON View Post
Hi all, i got my nano QLO in the mail today. I charged it and turns on ok but its not running at all, the problem im guessing must be in the IR remote.
The light on the vehicle is solid red and the light on the remote is not turning on at all. Is the light on the remote always on, or does it turn on only when you press the trigger. Any one having this trouble? Any help in this matter is much appreciated. Was really looking forward to playing with the nano.
The light on the remote should turn on as soon as you switch it on. Double check your batteries (obvious, I know). Also, there is a 3 position slider switch on the top of the remote. If the remote is dead, it won't help, but if it is, perhaps, working but the indicator light isn't, you should test it with the slider in each position. I'm pretty sure this is for the different IR "frequencies," however they work.

I haven't found range problems when I run inside. I was running a good ten feet away or so. Outside, or in direct sunlight, I had to get closer, but I never had any problems within five or six feet.

Hope this helps

-val
Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #72

Default remote light not turning on

Hi and thank you. this helps. now that i know the light should be on. I tried a fresh battery and bending the connectors inside just in case they where not touching. still no light. gonna open the remote and look for any obvious defects.
if i cant fix it ill order another. i have a black one so if i get a second in a different color ill be able to control either one with one control i think, by switching channels. i wonder, will anyone mod this nano to 2.4GHz.

thanks again.
RUDYGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:43 AM   #73
YSL
Rock Stacker

Nanoqlo back in action.

here's picture of the repaired link (note the ball joint on the gearbox has been replaced/drilled with micro screw instead of the plastic ball)

Custom Nanoqlo with added weights (by Tamiya)
If i'm not mistaken, the original weight is approx 47grams.
Approx 25+ grams added.
IMHO the added weight does help it to crawl a tad better, while enhancing its stability.

Custom painted as well (yellow is not my thing)

with 1/35 Jeep Willys MB chassis. looking towards modifying it to fit the Nano.

cheers!

Last edited by YSL; 06-19-2011 at 07:52 AM.
YSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

These are sick! I'm getting one

Also does the truck come with a charger? Or do I have to order one, if so what do I need?

Last edited by Madjones; 07-01-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Madjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #75

Default Re: nano QLO

My wife and i took the Nano plunge... Here are our two NanoQlos on top of her MRC (we have two of them also. Her's stock-except for what she did with paint/colors, mine...not so much ; )

The nonoQ is pretty cool, though we are finding the IR remote (yes i knew this might be an issue going into them) is a bit buggy at times. BUT these things are so silly fun crawling over the simplest things on the floor in the house it easy to overlook. I even got our LEGOs out of our daughter's hope-chest and set up a course. One more thing on our indoor hobby list for those wet oregon coast winters (<< that last ~9 months).

They are delicate!! My wife and i treat them like they are Swarovski Crystals!

cheers,
Thom
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 AM   #76

Default Re: nano QLO

got one of these, and starting to mold a plastic custom body that similar to Toyota hilux... and also try to exchange plastic material in to custom metal parts. the problem is i have trouble finding copper for customize the chassis...
gen0 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/294256-nano-qlo.html
Posted By For Type Date
yokomo nanoqlo! thats right nano! - Scale 4x4 R/C Forums This thread Refback 10-04-2011 03:20 PM