Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Gear Head RC 8Trax Micro Crawler Wheels - Aluminum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

x3! I bet if you make beadlocks, RC4WD will make a tire with a lip!

I'm up for some micro baja claws ;)
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet View Post
x3! I bet if you make beadlocks, RC4WD will make a tire with a lip!

I'm up for some micro baja claws ;)
They all have a bead. its small, but its a bead.

hence their compatibly w/ the actual bead lock wheels that have been made specifically for the micros.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD Racing View Post
RC4WD and Losi tires are not designed with the additional "lip" to properly go into a beadlock wheel.
??????????????????????????

T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Ok i think we have established the tires work with beadlocks haha give the guy a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker613 View Post
my rock crushers fit so well on my hr beadlocks that they are airtight.... i do really like these for the scale look and since the cac wheels are no longer, i think i will be ordering a set. thx for the great product!!!
Agreed same here with my HR wheels.
the delrin is a great option because i wanted a black set but didn't like the idea of just slapping paint on a nice clean aluminum wheel.
and lets keep in mind these are sacrificing beadlocks for an even more scale looks.even more so than the losi and HR wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
Both the BWD and HR beadlocks work great with my stock tires, RC4WD tires, and QLO tires.

It just really sux to risk ruining a tire every time you want to take one off.
I think the problem with truly scale beadlocks is it isnt very easy to use real hardware at this tiny size.
I like the clam style RC4WD had with the steel wheels even though they were said to be a nightmare to install
(btw anyone know where i can score those wheels? i REALLY want a set)

I just really want a set of scale looking, true beadlocks.
Try a light dab of automotive black RTV silicone. get the smallest size of tube since they can easily dry out.
Keeps an air tight seal and is easy to tear off. best of all it matches your tires.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I suck at gluing shit.

Id rather have beadlocks, and would spend $10 more to have them, before i would spend $10 less to not.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Definitely understand that. sometimes the $ is worth not having a hassle. give the RTV trick a try though. its easy to not make it messy,strong enough and wont tear tires. its soft not brittle like the glue
Old 03-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-buck View Post
??????????????????????????
I stand corrected. It turns out the RC4WD tires do have a tiny secondary lip. The Losi tires do not. Probably at the micro scale, this lip does not really matter...
Gear Head RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I think that may be the case if tires were previously glued.
I ordered the new Mc4x4 bare tires with these wheels and they seem to have as much lip as both RC4WD tires and a bit more than my previously glued micro claws (mc4x4 tires are also a tiny bit taller BTW )

and speaking of tire fitment as far as wanting beadlock wheels because you dont want to glue tires. with new tires i dont think you will need glue, i cant speak about the delrin wheels but new Mc4x4 trail trekker tires and RC4wd tires fit tightly enough without glue that i cant spin them on the wheel by hand. i am sure that is more torque than it will see on its own
I would even say the tires fit more tightly than they do on the CAC wheels unglued
previously glued micro claws spin easily on both wheels.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I just received my wheels (aluminum) yesterday. NICE!!! They are finished with a very nice polish. Excellent craftsmanship! One of the top 3 wheels I have ever received that very close attention to detail was given. I may order the black delrins for another project. GOOD JOB!!

Now I have to get some nice rubber to wrap them with!
Savage00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage00 View Post
They are finished with a very nice polish. Excellent craftsmanship! One of the top 3 wheels I have ever received that very close attention to detail was given. I may order the black delrins for another project. GOOD JOB!!
Ive said before but I agree. the polish on these wheels is very nice. pretty noticeable compared to the CAC wheels. Not that it really matters but the CAC wheels are unpolished on the back side and show machining marks inside the CAC wheel. you may never see it once installed but the LD racing wheels are fully polished on the back and inside back.
Its not needed, and I wouldn't pay more $ for it. but its nice to see that attention to detail for the price.
after seeing these in person I wont hesitate to pick up another set in aluminum or delrin for another build some day
Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Default Pics installed on Losi Micro Trail Trekker

Close-up

You like?
Gear Head RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #32

Default Here's better shots...

GREAT WHEELS!
IRON MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #33

WOW!

I can't stand H2's, and normally I'm not a fan of the 1/24 bodies, but... that looks really good. They're on to something with that Trekker thing.

(if only I could afford some of those wheels... )
nerwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Finally got these mounted. I have to say that these are actually my new favorite wheel of all time. They were nice without being mounted, but once I got some nice tires on them and installed them. I really fell in love! The pictures don't do them justice! You have to see them for real to really appreciate the craftsmanship. AGAIN, GREAT JOB!!!!!

I ordered some Minclow tires. I may just have to mount them on the black delrins!

Savage00 is offline   Reply With Quote