Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro won't bind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Micro won't bind

I have always had to fight with my micro and bind it every time I use it, but today when I went to bind it it won't bind. The light on the esc flashes and then I turn on my controller and the light quits flashing. The only thing is it just makes a noise like the motor is trying to go but it won't do anything. Any help is appreciated thanks nate
chattinfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattinfarms View Post
I have always had to fight with my micro and bind it every time I use it, but today when I went to bind it it won't bind. The light on the esc flashes and then I turn on my controller and the light quits flashing. The only thing is it just makes a noise like the motor is trying to go but it won't do anything. Any help is appreciated thanks nate
If its an RTR version with the losi Tx, try new batteries in transmitter. Mine did the same thing with the stock batteries, drove me nuts. I put new batteries in and havent had a problem since.
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thank you very much I'll try that and see what happens
Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The findings are it work one time. Changed batts and it did great shut it off and tried it again did the same thing as before except the tires turned one way and it would do anything else
Old 10-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

That's exactly what mine does any answer as to why or what was wrong with your receiver, I'm trying to bind to DX3R but it just turned on and turned left and is now stuck? Any input would help!
pritch diggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have the micro and a trekker, you would think they are two different beasts. The micro binds right away (usually). The trekker on the other hand... Here is what works for me;

-turn on radio and then quickly turn truck on before bind light on radio stops blinking.

that didn't work? next I try this
-press bind button and hold, turn esc on, turn radio on.

last thing I try,
-unplug baterry from esc, press bind button and hold, plug in baterry, turn radio on.

A little disappointed myself with losi about their electronics.

Last edited by 500swmag; 10-25-2011 at 06:22 PM.
500swmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Start a check list;

1) Replace micro battery pack. When you do this, move to a LiPo (might as well have it be an upgrade).

2) Go to LHS and try a different remote. If there's gunk on a connection, and I mean a connection like the throttle or steering so there's always some kind of control input even when there shouldn't be, you'll never get it to bind right because it's sending control signals way to early.

3) Replace the servo. The servo is another step in possible guilty parties because if it contains some kind of short or dysfunction, things won't work right.

4) Replace the receiver. Either upgrade the crap out of your micro, or ebay someone's micro for stupid cheap and pilferage the rx.

5) Replace the motor wires or replace the entire motor. Like the servo, it's another piece that could be causing dysfunction.

The checklist is the "what is electronic" check list.
What's electronic;
1) the Tx
2) the Rx/esc
3) the Batteries (tx and rx)
4) the Servo
5) the Motor
Your problem is in there somewhere.
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

My micro will bind in 10sec - 3min. I think it depends on the air temperature outside compared to the inside temp minus whether the micro was put away in a warm or cold spot or if my dog has eaten yet. Plain & simple it sucks. Went back to the LHS & he said no issues with his & he turned it on & whammo no bind. After a couple minutes his bound as well. It is a micro thing. Being I don't use mine all that often I am fine to let it sit for 1-2 minutes until it works. Crappy thing is when I want to show it to someone & it won't bind. I have tried everything & decided it is a build flaw as I have read that so many people have the same issue. I would guess it is near 25% of them have it. May the bind be with you!
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

replace transmitter batteries and report back...
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote