Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: New crawler with questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #1

Default New crawler with questions

Hey everyone, long time nitro RC'er, new micro crawler owner. I've been reading the forums for a few days now and I'm not having any luck finding the answers to some of my questions.

#1 - does anyone know of a good NiMH battery that gives longer run times? What kind of run times can you get with NiMH?

#2 - Do the lipo wall chargers take a long time to charge? I don't have a lipo charger and don't really want to get one. I really want to upgrade my battery but don't want to break the bank a charger since I already have a really nice NiMH charger.

#3 - I read that 3.7V batteries give slower speed and more control but I can't find anymore details on those. Anyone got any links?

#4 - just got my DP torsion chassis and it doesn't flex for crap. The DogBreath review says to keep the bolts really loose and it will flex better then stock. I'm not getting the results he got. Do I have to sand the arms a little thinner to get this thing to flex? Has anyone else had to do that?

Help is appreciated.

PS - this seems to be a really active forum. Great site!
studboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

the 4.8v 220 MaH NiMH from the other micros works well with the micro crawler, the quick charger that came with the microcrawler will charge it NP. The size is bit undesirable since it doesnt fit flush on the top rear axle forcing you to use it atop the steering servo, making it more front bias'd. Run time is better than the 180 MaH battery though.

Also for the DP Chassis, the flexing shines when you make the crawler pretty heavy, I.E. putting a lot of weigh in the wheels and around the axles.

sorry for nto being able to answer the other 2 since i didnt know about a 3.7v NiMH only lipos, and lipos.. thats a battery department where im a noob at, sorry. Hope i helped you for the other questions though.
ChiefWigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

weighted wheels are a must. search the micro forum for it and you will find alot of ideas for weights and how much and so on.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #4

I actually weighted the front wheels with solder and it did make a huge difference. Apparently it's not enough to make the DP chassis flex. I'm looking at BWD aluminum beadlocks so that should add some weight.
studboy62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Well there is also a break in time, so it will only get better not worse.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Studboy -

Can't help you on the battery questions, but I can on the DP chassis:

I got one and I love it. Didn't do anything to the chassis, but I did weight the wheels (not sure the exact weight, just 12 wraps with wire) as well as now adding washers (like the BWD rings). Plus with batteries (I went old-school...AAA's!) and my Jeep body, I have great flex and couldn't be happier.

Check the flex on my build thread:

My first build...

Mike
MikeTJ is offline   Reply With Quote