Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Redcat Sumo micro crawler (RSMC) parts breakdown and losi compatibility

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
if your not using Losi wheels Miclaws will fit on the stock RSMC wheels fine, but you will still need to space the wheel away from the steering knuckle a little or it will rub, should be easy to do as there is plenty of thread left on the axle shaft.
Just wanted to add that CrawlerX wideners or Trekker hexes work perfect on Sumo axles with the stock wheelnuts.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Just wanted to add that CrawlerX wideners or Trekker hexes work perfect on Sumo axles with the stock wheelnuts.
I know. the axles are in the picture one page 1 compared to the others
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:32 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

I know you know Spoo, just adding that so Bigjoe623 knows....he missed it.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
I know you know Spoo, just adding that so Bigjoe623 knows....he missed it.
ahh I gotcha
Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #45

Thumbs down

Thanks for the advice on the tires and spacers. Got my crawler today and so far i'm pretty happy with it. Miclaws and crawler x wideners are on the way. Got another question. I dont have a lot of experience swapping around electrical stuff. Can anybody point me in the right direction as far as switching to lipo? Maybe a post somewhere with some instructions to follow, and also where do you park the lipo battery on the chassis?

Thanks again
bigjoe623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe623 View Post
Thanks for the advice on the tires and spacers. Got my crawler today and so far i'm pretty happy with it. Miclaws and crawler x wideners are on the way. Got another question. I dont have a lot of experience swapping around electrical stuff. Can anybody point me in the right direction as far as switching to lipo? Maybe a post somewhere with some instructions to follow, and also where do you park the lipo battery on the chassis?

Thanks again
Lipo is just a source of voltage, just pick up any 2 cell 7.4v lipo that will fit and solder on the correct plugs. make sure you pick up a charger. as far as mounting thats up to you and your creativity! but generally you want the weight up front and down low.
there are also a few good threads about Lipo,chargers, and recommended brands. when searching look look at the upper right near the first post and you will see "search this forum" that will limit your searches to the micro area so you are sure to get info on what works for the micro
Old 09-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Default Redcat axles to Crawler X leafs compatibility?

You have any experience here Spoo? I'd like to mount RSMC chunks to Blade's 5.5 EX chassis. I want a limited suspension travel FOFF style jalopy, but wondering about mounting the leafs up.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Nope. I don't have the leaf spring kit but I've wondered how well they would fit on RSMC axles. You might get by with some trimming and scrap styrene or delrin for new mounts
Old 09-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Nope. I don't have the leaf spring kit but I've wondered how well they would fit on RSMC axles. You might get by with some trimming and scrap styrene or delrin for new mounts
Yeah, I got to looking and the servo mount platform is pretty thin. A couple of scraps of delrin, etc. would to be the ticket like you said. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

It might even be easier to use the ex chassis with metal leafs made from micro pull start springs like others have done
Old 09-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #51

I have a blade cx2 and the 7.4 800 miah lipo has the same plug as the stock micro crawlers and pluged right in. Huge diff lipo realy wakes this thing up.
NSANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:43 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

800mah? that's pretty big and heavy for a micro crawler even my 450mah lipos are overkill (in size) ,MAYBE the 450 for a scaler under the cab or something.
but few 360mah are the biggest I use. and a pair of some 225mah which are about the same size as the stock nimh but 2s
Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #53

Just got it last night. Actually 3 one for me and one for each of the boys. Just happened to notice same plug and tried it. Will prob look for smaller packs.
NSANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

well hey it works for general bashing and light crawling, it will just be more top heavy than normal
Old 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #55
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
and a pair of some 225mah which are about the same size as the stock nimh but 2s
Got a link to these?
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:20 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Got a link to these?
Sadly no, they came in a trade have no markings and the seller never replied when i asked. any that Ive found in the 200-250mah range are more expensive than the 350mah.
I did find some 180s that spec out to the same size but thinner but haven't ordered any yet.
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...=7&item_id=626

I did order a handful of these 350s and they work great. they have an adapter extension on the balance taps but you can unplug it if its in the way.
they are a little bigger than a stock pack though
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...d=7&item_id=89
Old 09-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #57
rik
RCC Addict

Cool thanks for the links. I used to run those 180's in my last micro. They did ok. I'm running those 350's in the micro now. I also use them in my mrc. They are perfect for running comps with the mrc. I get about 2 courses from 1 battery.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Cool thanks for the links. I used to run those 180's in my last micro. They did ok. I'm running those 350's in the micro now. I also use them in my mrc. They are perfect for running comps with the mrc. I get about 2 courses from 1 battery.
You ever run the 180s in a micro crawler? Im curious about runtime. they are cheap so i plan to get a few anyway
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

I am running a 180 in mine, and so far, so good. Huge difference in performance, and the losi pack is very compact, which makes finding a place to mount it very easy
longhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #60

I use the zippy 180mah in my micros and they work great i re-solder super soft silicone wire on them i also got some 350mah zippy and there great as-well same again with the wire and on the 180mah i don't have a balance lead and they charge OK and never let me down yet and i had them for well over a year,must have charged them a few hundred times by know for the price that hobby king sells them you cant go wrong in my book anyway
mydoddy69 is offline   Reply With Quote