Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Redcat Sumo micro crawler (RSMC) parts breakdown and losi compatibility

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #61
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
You ever run the 180s in a micro crawler? Im curious about runtime. they are cheap so i plan to get a few anyway
Runtime is comparable to the stock nimh pack. Maybe another minute or two.....
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I just wanted to add a bit about widening the Sumo axles via wideners. I run BWD Vertex wheels, so only their wideners work. I used BWD spacers and modified CrawlerX wheelnuts. The axle stub threads are larger, so I had to drill out the wheelnut and rethread it again. No biggie, but it is an option. The CrawlerX spacers work too, but again, the wheelnuts need modified just the same.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #63

Default Re: Redcat Sumo micro crawler (RSMC) parts breakdown and losi compatibility

I don't have a lipo charger. but it do have a super brain charger I use for my AX10

can you please point me to what battery I should buy for my Redcat Sumo Crawler and where?
Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #64
RCC Addict

Default Re: Redcat Sumo micro crawler (RSMC) parts breakdown and losi compatibility

Quote:
I know. the axles are in the picture one page 1 compared to the others
How exciting to find this thread! How disappointing to see the images don't work. :P

Do you still have the images Spoo?
Fungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I don't have a lipo charger. but it do have a super brain charger I use for my AX10

can you please point me to what battery I should buy for my Redcat Sumo Crawler and where?
Check my posts on page 10 of the battery thread sticky thread at the top of this micro forum . there are links to 2 value hobby lipos and the US warehouse hobbking lipos ( when in stock) Valuehobby is always in stock and the cheapest best bang for buck.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy View Post

Quote:
Check my posts on page 10 of the battery thread sticky thread at the top of this micro forum . there are links to 2 value hobby lipos and the US warehouse hobbking lipos ( when in stock) Valuehobby is always in stock and the cheapest best bang for buck.
I don't have a lipo charger ;) lol
Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

great thread, answered many questions i had, nice to see axles w wideners all lined up...

but the first bunch of pics wont load for me
jaytet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytet View Post
great thread, answered many questions i had, nice to see axles w wideners all lined up...

but the first bunch of pics wont load for me
same as the last pix i uploaded
Old 07-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Just some "official" specs I found. Haven't confirmed them but I thought Id share.

Motor gear ratio: 1: 65
Front/rear gear ratio: 1: 1.85
The whole gear ratio: 1:2.7
Old 07-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #71
Pebble Pounder

Out of curiosity, if I was to purchase one of the Pololu micro gearmotors, which ratio would be the best upgrade as far as more torque without losing too much speed?
KnutKase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #72

I was wondering if the losi wheel extensions would be enough to run the miclaw tires on the sumo crawler or do you need wider wheel extensions than that?
dgetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Can you tell me what the second tire form the left is? IT looks like it is sandwiched between a Miclaw, and an RCWD Bogger.

I looked back through the posts with broken pics but couldn't figure out if there was a heading for this one.

I really appreciate all of your effort. I was looking for a good comparison of the RSMC to the LOSI, and you definitely provided that.
hrddrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Those are the So-Real boggers for diecast models. Paul from ebay sells some soft urethane ones.

URETHANE TSL Boggers 4ea fit Custom MINI-Z & XMODS | eBay
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Thanks MG! I just ran across him on eBay, and was coming back here to confirm that;s where they came from. I think I'm in need of some, as the RC4WD boggers, are just too tall for my scale rig.

Sorry to stray OT.....
hrddrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Out of curiosity, what size is the motor on one of these? If I get a Pololu gearbox can I get a higher torque motor for it?
KnutKase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #77
I joined the Band!

hope this thread benefits me some day... glad it is kept pretty up to date!
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #78

im getting 2 tommarrow, im honestly buying for the pcb board, for my trekkers, what to do with the rest of the sumos, idk, if the axles are as good as every body says, could i mount them on a trekker?
Kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #79
Rock Stacker

I've tried different motors including a longer one from ebay, it worked real good but the best beneffits have come from the latest motor Ive used, its from a tower pro mg946r servo, you will need 4x 2mm washers to mount it onto you existing gearbox, and you will need to transplant the pinion from yout motor to it, but once you do the sumo will turn into a beast! It will be faster and MUCH torquier! The best beneffit will be the lower running temperatures you will get on it since it hardly has to work at all because of its huge improvement in torque. My buddy has been doing the losi into sumo transplant which would also work if thats the way you want to go but I think the "big block" choice might be a bit easier and safer, but again, theres choices for you
Gamyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:42 AM   #80

Thanks gamyrc, that's a very good information.
totof1965 is offline   Reply With Quote