Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Wideners BWD vs Crawlerx?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wideners BWD vs Crawlerx?

I've tried searching through the forum for those wheel wideners from BWD and/or Crawlerx..

been trying to decide which is better money wise and i was wondering if the delerin wideners are just as good as the bwd alloy wideners..

wanted to see some opinions.. opinions from someone who has tried both is a bonus.

thanks in advance.
ChiefWigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #2

I haven't tried either one yet, so I can't comment on quality or value...but I've noticed from comparison pictures that the BWD's are a little wider than Crawlerx's wideners.

Take a look at the thread about the Sumo Crawler part compatability w/ the LMC...there's a comparison picture of each set on the LMC axle there.
siuvinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

they are both quality parts. the thing is the are made for different wheels. the crawler X wideners are ment for wheels that use the wheel hex adapters. the BWD wideners are ment for the wheels that dont use the wheel hex adapters, like the vertex wheels.
willy1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have the vertex wheels with the BWD wideners. Sweet! The barrel nut is a 5mm and not a stock 4.5mm size tho. Makes a pretty good difference. Never tried to other ones yet. sry.
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy1106 View Post
they are both quality parts. the thing is the are made for different wheels. the crawler X wideners are ment for wheels that use the wheel hex adapters. the BWD wideners are ment for the wheels that dont use the wheel hex adapters, like the vertex wheels.
While true the BWD will also work with wheels that have a hex. also there is cost to consider. I like both and it depends on what you are looking for
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have both and like the BWD's alot better just for the fact that the bwd comes with metal nuts. The crawler x work but the BWD are there for the long haul and are very well made. Oh, and I have put the BWDs on hex'd wheels with no problem actuall I don't even have the Vertex's to even try. Forgot to mention that the BWD's need no rubber band to hold the drive pin in place like the X wideners.

Last edited by MGCrawler; 06-07-2011 at 05:43 AM.
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

Im not sure where i saw it, but i modified the original wheels for a wider stance. The bad part is that now i have to get taller tires, the factory tires are not high enough for clearing over anything. Ill take some pictures later today so show the end result.
Crawlernoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlernoobie View Post
Im not sure where i saw it, but i modified the original wheels for a wider stance. The bad part is that now i have to get taller tires, the factory tires are not high enough for clearing over anything. Ill take some pictures later today so show the end result.
The wide offset mod http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...ht=wide+offset

good option if you are on stock wheels.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote