Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: project help...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

If you dont want to wait for the getbent motor you could try a 130 can motor as I said b4. when looking around just search for 130 size motors,Xmod, or Mini Z motors

here are pictures of the 2 130 can motors chevy55 has used
black one is a 70T but for a rock racer you may want something with even less turns for more speed.
just keep in mind you need to make a new motor plate and find a .3mod pitch pinion for the bigger shaft. some have used a spare gear from another crawler trans (smallest gear) but i prefer to just file out a brass pinion. you might be able to even do the same with the bigger spare pinion that comes with a stock crawler. just use a dab of CA or super glue to hold in place. and again this wont fit in a TMC chassis, I have one and its a tight squeeze even with the stock gear

spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #62
Rock Stacker

this is retarded. stop being cheap asses and throw the stock motor in the trash, and put something worthwhile in there.

seriously.

"thumbsdown"
dustinbleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post
what happens when you change power?
Emailed who Losi? and asked if its the same motor? Doesn't show it's the same on Trekkers exploded views. Is your sky purple? So your saying 55 turn crawler motor has more torque than a CC monster motor?
How are you changing power exactly, explain that and I'll be able to pinpoint your stupidity.
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i could pull up the trekkers exploded views again from Losi. com if you want
I think your internet is the same as mine though.
You need to tell Holmes to stop making low turn motors. There is NO way he can get more toque than his 55 turn
What!? More torque than his 55t? When did I bring that up!?

As far as the exploded parts view... "read" a post before you try to counter point it.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
There is an ignore. Your ability not to read this.
Nope, if I can see stupidity, I will correct it. It's a military thing.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

LOL

I just got a call back from Horizon Hobby, was kind of shocked to see their name come up on caller ID;

The called to say "thanks" for reporting the error on their website as the incorrect motor is in fact listed under the Trail Trekker, and the information was passed onto their web team to have it fixed. And thanks again for pointing out the error to them.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Now, being right isn't always rewarding... just happens to be in this case!
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinside View Post
How are you changing power exactly, explain that and I'll be able to pinpoint your stupidity.

The SCT motor uses more power? Are you gonna tell me its the same too?
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
LOL

I just got a call back from Horizon Hobby, was kind of shocked to see their name come up on caller ID;

The called to say "thanks" for reporting the error on their website as the incorrect motor is in fact listed under the Trail Trekker, and the information was passed onto their web team to have it fixed. And thanks again for pointing out the error to them.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Thank you, for actually checking. Didn't care much about being right. I guess if you go straight to the company next time it will avoid 3 pages of P-Nuts gallery posts. It all started when a guy was asking for help and I told him what I did to mine.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Quote:

As far as the exploded parts view... "read" a post before you try to counter point it.
when you were sayin when speed goes up torque goes down. I guess you lose all memomory after 5 minutes. A little trick you can try for a short memory is read the posts.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
LOL

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Horrizon Hobbies is a store. Losi is the designer. I'm guessin you think Your right I get it now. Got to the Losi site and look at the exploded view. If ya want to see the reality.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:

You said you think speed goes down torque goes up.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The SCT motor uses more power? Are you gonna tell me its the same too?
Quote:
when you were sayin when speed goes up torque goes down. I guess you lose all memomory after 5 minutes. A little trick you can try for a short memory is read the posts.
Quote:
Horrizon Hobbies is a store. Losi is the designer. I'm guessin you think Your right I get it now. Got to the Losi site and look at the exploded view. If ya want to see the reality.
Quote:
You said you think speed goes down torque goes up.
Wow, really!?

I now see your strategy Mr, you plan to confuse me and bring me down to your level of stupidity and then beat me with experience.

Take everything and go back to my very first response to you, the response of the Micro SCT motor is the same motor that is in the Micro Trail Trekker - ignore your insane responses and go right to the phone call from the company stating the Micro SCT motor is the exact same as the Micro Trail Trekker, then the other phone call stating the Micro SCT motor is the exact same as the Micro Trail Trekker, then the return phone call stating they are the same motor - THEN read that the OP has a MrC not a Trail Trekker so "what you did to yours" is 100% irrelevant.

All I can do is laugh now... Thank you very much for the entertainment brought by this.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
PS

Quote:
PRODUCT SUPPORT

In addition to the service information available in the owners manual, you can contact the designated Product Support staff for your category of produ

Losi Ready-to-Run (RTR) Vehicles and all non-racing products
(motors, electronics, etc.)
Email productsupport@horizonhobby.com or US residents may call toll-free between 8 a.m. and 7p.m. CST, Monday through Friday at 877.504.0233

Horizon Product Support
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, Illinois 61822
http://www.losi.com/About/Contact.aspx
Old 07-22-2011, 04:13 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Wow, really!?

I now see your strategy Mr, you plan to confuse me and bring me down to your level of stupidity and then beat me with experience.

Take everything and go back to my very first response to you, the response of the Micro SCT motor is the same motor that is in the Micro Trail Trekker - ignore your insane responses and go right to the phone call from the company stating the Micro SCT motor is the exact same as the Micro Trail Trekker, then the other phone call stating the Micro SCT motor is the exact same as the Micro Trail Trekker, then the return phone call stating they are the same motor - THEN read that the OP has a MrC not a Trail Trekker so "what you did to yours" is 100% irrelevant.

All I can do is laugh now... Thank you very much for the entertainment brought by this.

Wasn't tryin to confuse you. I really don't completey buy your torque statement unless yoou include you keep same motor and battery in your formula? I lke this X-mod motor idea the best. Just now saw it. I like predator's but I been on his list for 3 months. It seems atomicmods is taken their sweet time makin em though so its not GetBents fault. Guarantee I'm not gonna dith all the electronics and buy an outrunner.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:24 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Wasn't tryin to confuse you. I really don't completey buy your torque statement unless yoou include you keep same motor and battery in your formula? I lke this X-mod motor idea the best. Just now saw it. I like predator's but I been on his list for 3 months. It seems atomicmods is taken their sweet time makin em though so its not GetBents fault. Guarantee I'm not gonna dith all the electronics and buy an outrunner.

So I guess when the exploded view shows this motor http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0833 that's a complete lie? and the website has always been that way ever since the Trekker was here. Or is your theory the same as SPOO's and it's all a makeying gimmick to have 2 motors listed.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So I guess when the exploded view shows this motor http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0833 that's a complete lie? and the website has always been that way ever since the Trekker was here. Or is your theory the same as SPOO's and it's all a makeying gimmick to have 2 motors listed.
Read my post about horizon hobby giving me a phone call.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Thanks.
Read my post about Horizon being a store. Team Losi is who designed and built it not Horizon Hobby. That explains one of your problems.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Thanks.
Maybe you should call horizon back up and let them know about their conflicting info with the designer. If there's says the same motor as the Rally/Sct they need to fix it.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Thanks.
Do you go to Towerhobbies to find out about the Wrait or XR10?
Old 07-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I lke this X-mod motor idea the best. Just now saw it. I like predator's but I been on his list for 3 months. It seems atomicmods is taken their sweet time makin em though so its not GetBents fault. Guarantee I'm not gonna dith all the electronics and buy an outrunner.
Thats the good thing about the 130 sized motors,you can use the stock electronics. because of xmods and mini Z being so popular there are lots of "performance" versions with dual ball bearing cans and Neo magnets.
the bigger size gets you more torque, stays cooler and being brushed you can keep the stock electronics. its not a direct bolt in like get bents motors but all you need to do is make a new motor plate and open up the hole on a spare pinion. the stock 10T pinion that comes on the cralwer motor is to small to open up but the next size it comes with as a spare works.
I forget how many teeth the spare is. i think its around 12T or 14T ? I forget offhand
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote