Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: my first rig..trail trekker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhammer View Post
Update: Got a few goodies in the mail...aluminum c hubs and rear axle lockouts. C hubs installed just fine, but i had forgotten the fact that the lockouts are for a micro crawler, not a trekker. After messing around with it for a while I basically ended up making my own barrel nuts to mount the wheels on the truck. So far, nothing has fallen off, so I can count that one as a success
Do you have any pictures of the modded barrel nuts? I just encountered this problem and I'm kinda stuck- Thanks in advance!
jsmehil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #42

Nevermind I figured it out- I just sanded down the axel nut and cut the round backing flange off- works great so far!
jsmehil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Sorry about that, I've been working crazy hours lately..I ended up throwing those barrel nuts away, after swapping in the sumo hexes. Now I can use the normal ones I had in it before.
They were pretty easy to make. I just cut 1/8" off some losi ball link cups, used a dremel to shave one end down to fit in the wheel bore, screwed a hex head screw in the large end, then threaded the small end onto the axle shaft. Worked pretty well.

Tried mounting the suspension inboard on the sumo, but it kept binding, so I decided to try the HR shocks. I have heard nightmare stories about them and figured I would be spending hours getting them to work right. Not the case here. Super smooth right out the packaging. Must have got lucky. Ended up using some servo screws that I had laying around for mounting to the axles. They look good, and work great. Also gained some clearance for the shell. Still have a few more things I would like to do, so just waiting for some more parts to show up.

Sent from my EVO4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by longhammer; 10-03-2011 at 08:56 PM.
longhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

So, I got the rest of my parts in the mail, so I managed to get most of the sumo completed. I extended the wheelbase by about a half inch using custom links, built the rest of the steering linkage, installed two TPro mg90 servos. Also picked up another trekker shell. Still lots more left to do, but coming along quite nicely. Debating on whether or not to cut the bed rails off and building a tube rear..

Old 10-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Looking good.
PCHILNSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Aw nice dude. Looks sweeeet!
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

Been pretty busy at work, so my micro time is pretty scarce, but I did manage to somewhat finish the sumo...ended up basically making a twin to the trekker. Cut the bed sides off and fabbed another tube rear. I ended up working Sunday, so I brought both trucks to work to try out the rock garden...found some pretty cool channels where the rain had washed some of the ground away. Did a little vid shooting. Just need to put it together and post it.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Your micros look great.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Thanks! I do need to pick up trekker hexes for the trekker. Track is way to narrow with the sumo ones. I ended up having to fab temporary lower links to use until I get the spare sumo driveshafts for lengthening. All in all, I'm pretty happy with both trucks..not to sure I can improve them any further than they are now except for better motors
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Yeah they look great.The tube beds look real nice.I'm moving this weekend coming up so after that i'll be able to work on mine again.Motor upgrades would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhammer View Post
Thanks! I do need to pick up trekker hexes for the trekker. Track is way to narrow with the sumo ones. I ended up having to fab temporary lower links to use until I get the spare sumo driveshafts for lengthening. All in all, I'm pretty happy with both trucks..not to sure I can improve them any further than they are now except for better motors
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: my first rig..trail trekker

Your trucks are amazing!!!
carcueza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #52

what is ur steering linkage??
Kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #53
Rock Stacker

The trekker has hot racing aluminum steering links and the sumo has custom made (made from ball links, allthread, and aluminum tube) linkage
kevinhayden is offline   Reply With Quote