Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: miclaws/miclows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
rik
RCC Addict

Default miclaws/miclows

is there anywhere in the u.s. that carries these tires? The only places I've found them are rcmart, rctrax, and eBay. Two ship from Japan, and the other from the UK.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

thats about it dude. mine took forever to get here on the slow boat from hong kong. dont be in a hurry when you order. and yes...they are worth it.
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastokinematic View Post
thats about it dude. mine took forever to get here on the slow boat from hong kong. dont be in a hurry when you order. and yes...they are worth it.
thanks man. so i guess i will hurry up and order so i can wait.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I dont mean to thread jack but Im gonna. I put the stock tire foams in the miclaws because i was getting all wrapped up and it was buggin the crap out of me. Anyone have any opinions or thoughts or advice? The stock foams work friggin awesome in there btw..
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I just got a set(4) from RcMart, and only took about a week to get here. I thought it was pretty quick considering they come all the way from Hong Kong.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

rcmart delivered them pretty quickly, within a week or two

@Elastokinematic
What do you mean by all wrapped up? The tires giving away to soggy like? I put BB's in mine and never had an issue except on really tight areas where the awesome tire would grab and not let go...
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

ya thats what I meant. The course that I have has alot of tight areas and when I would slip down into them the tire would get wedged in there and curl up. I put the foams in there, which are alot smaller than the tire of course so you tire still deflects alot but not I dont really have the wrap up curling problem.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

It is MiClaws btw, not MiClows... not sure if that was a question or answered yet.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I just ordered a set today, I'll report back when they come in. Is everyone running them on stock wheels or buying aftermarket ones?
Atchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

that looks great, good write up!
SNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinside View Post
It is MiClaws btw, not MiClows... not sure if that was a question or answered yet.
Ya know, I looked on all three places that sells these tires. All three list them as miclows. But, I just looked at a detailed pic and the tire itself reads miclaws. Weird.

just ordered a set also got another set of rims to mount them on. now...i wait.

Last edited by rik; 08-25-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

You shouldent wait too long, got my second set in a week
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Im not sure what was up with the delivery time. Maybe my address is flagged for extra scrutiny from all the uranium and blow up dolls I order.

Either way. Miclaws are the shit! Now as far as aftermarket wheels and all that..up to you. You are gonna have to glue the tires on the stock wheels and you are most CERTAINLY going to need axle extenders. DANALLY posted a cool way to mod your stock wheels to make em work. Definately the cheaper way to go. Most folks are rollin the wicked-awesome-badass BWD bead locks. Alot of folks are workin with the RC4WD wheels. I have no experience with the RC4WD wheels so I wont comment on those. Both companys have axle extenders. I have read that some dude used airplane landing gear stuff that threads onto axle and made a crazy wide stance.

Now for my craziness..! I brought my micro to work and I just Tennessee cut my Miclaws for shits and giggles! Im charging battery and gonna see how they work out on my "make shift cardboard crawler course" Ill post pics of my brilliance or epic fail, only time will tell, when I get home if anyone wants to see.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
rik
RCC Addict

the wheels i run now have the danally mod to widen them. i scored another set of stock wheels from a member of the club i belong to. they will get the danally treatment as well for the miclaws. his method pushes the wheels out further than any wheel wideners i have seen.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

I ordered a set last week, can't wait for them to get here..already danally modded a new set of stockers. These are just what I need for my trekker and its low underbelly. Sick of getting beached on bigger rocks
longhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

If you are looking for two sets... because let me make certain everyone understands the MiClaws are a big tire! The RC4WD Swamp Boggers make an excellent addition to have for courses that the larger MiClaws bind up to much in small and really tight areas.

I own the MiClaws, the boggers, the RC4WD Claws, Trekker stockers, and of course micro stockers. After testing all of them, I use the MiClaws everywhere that space isn't an issue, they are like double sided sticky tape. I use the boggers for any other course that has a lot of small and tight gaps and turns... in those cases the MiClaws just dig in and basically wedge your crawler and won't let your crawler go; the boggers are my set to over come this. I do not use the stock tires at all for anything but throwing at my buddies when they say something stupid. And the RC4 Claws I sold to another buddy, they are cool but the boggers have more bite.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Excellent! Tyvm Evilinside. that helps and you just convinced me. Boggers on order.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Excellent! Tyvm Evilinside. that helps and you just convinced me. Boggers on order.
the boggers are nice tires indeed. i'm keeping my set as a back-up. i was never interested in the miclaws until i built my ridgeback. the way i have it set up now, i need them bad.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
You're welcome.

You'll get a double benifit from them too!

You will not need to run with the foam inserts with the boggers... least I have no issues running without them; and the foam inserts work pretty darn well as inserts for the MiClaws in the situation you were talking about early! If you are using the stock foams in your MiClaws, I almost promise you'll switch them out with the foams from the boggers.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilinside View Post
If you are looking for two sets... because let me make certain everyone understands the MiClaws are a big tire! The RC4WD Swamp Boggers make an excellent addition to have for courses that the larger MiClaws bind up to much in small and really tight areas.

I own the MiClaws, the boggers, the RC4WD Claws, Trekker stockers, and of course micro stockers. After testing all of them, I use the MiClaws everywhere that space isn't an issue, they are like double sided sticky tape. I use the boggers for any other course that has a lot of small and tight gaps and turns... in those cases the MiClaws just dig in and basically wedge your crawler and won't let your crawler go; the boggers are my set to over come this. I do not use the stock tires at all for anything but throwing at my buddies when they say something stupid. And the RC4 Claws I sold to another buddy, they are cool but the boggers have more bite.
They can bind up so bad, mine stripped out the gear in my rear diff. Balls to the wall with a LiPo and wedged up ate it up. I sure would like to see a vendor manufacture a steel gear set......brass is too soft.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote