Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: New DT90s servo problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New DT90s servo problems

Stock servo failed last week and I put in an order for a DT90s. Ordered part on monday and got here by friday! Rock on with fast service.

2 part problem:
1) my steering is reversed. I made sure to check the wire colors on stock harness and the colors are the same so I just connected it the same way. I tried to reverse the connector but then it does nothing. Dead servo. Return to the other position works but still reversed steering. I purchased two servos and plugged the other in...does same thing.

2) the servo is glitchy. At wide open throttle the servo is twitching so badly its crazy and when hits full wheel speed the locks to full right turn. Its not just in full speed. Gentile roll on the throttle makes for increased intensity twitch. wtf...?

Ideas?

Setup is:
losi lipo
stock esc
MG90s
Predator90t
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Flip the steering switch on your tx to fix the steering direction..

I don't have any answer for the twitch sorry.
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I run those servos an have yet to have a problem. So I tried to recreate the issue you are having and I think I did.

On my stock motor rig it didnt do that but on ym rig with the predator 80 it would. if I put the esc past the motor like toward the rear of the rig and the servo wire had to pass over it du to the length of servo wire it would glitch like that. I then wrapped the servo wire in alluminum foil and then routed it away from the motor and everything was fine. I can only do this with the predator motors. It may be due to the increased windings. AS far as the direction flip the swithc like Chevy said.Try that and see if it works for you.
BerticusPryme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

update and correction:

the servo is a Tpro MG90s. Berticus..you were right. It was the Predator motor. I dry fit a stock motor and the problem went away. So I have removed the Predator and installed the stock motor. All is working well. As for the reversed steering...there is a switch on the top of the Tx right next to the antennae. Flipo switcho and worko mucho... Im a bit bummed about removing the Predator90t but I put on some new tires. I got some TSL swampers which are alot smaller than the Miclaws so the gearing is good.

Thanks guys! Im motorin again!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Are you planning of keeping the Predator 90t ? If not I would like to buy it from you.
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

yes im gonna keep it. sorry.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Are you planning of keeping the Predator 90t ? If not I would like to buy it from you.
I was thinking the same thing...
longhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastokinematic View Post
yes im gonna keep it. sorry.
Yeah that's what I thought you would say, Just thought that I would ask
I would keep it also if I was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhammer View Post
I was thinking the same thing...
LOL, I bet that there was a few others thinking the same thing.
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

you can still use the predator motor. just wrap some aluminum foil around the servo wire for shielding and route the servo away from the motor the best you can. thats what I did.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Berticus... I tried that when I had dry fit the motor. I completely had all the electronics off the rig when I was testing. I bought 2 servos and had one installed on the rig and used the other for testing. Stock motor and Predator tested side by side and then I tried the foil. Didnt work for me. I believe its because when I was assembling the BWD delrin chassis the Predator didnt fit and when I contacted Getbent he suggested that I remove the diodes off the motor. After that the motor was a bit glitchy. More or less doing the same thing that the servo was, but for some reason the glitchiness went away. I think that this was feedback or static in the system. Weird..

Either way.. Im kinda having fun with the rig in its current configuration. Stock motor, SuperSwampers, BWD delrin chassis, wheels and wideners, new Tpro MG90s makes for a pretty fun little rock racer. The lower COG is letting me hit lines and climb the steeper parts of my crawler course I couldnt climb with the Miclaws. The loss of ground clearance is a factor but I have removed some weight and got a crap load of wheel speed.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

good to hear you got it going and loving it. I have more fun with my stock motor than the pred. Thats just me though. sometimes I like to precision crawl. sometimes I like to point the little bastard in a direction and just hammer the throttle and see wher it goes.