Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Barrel nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm going nuts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #1

Default Barrel nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm going nuts

Hi all can someone please help as i'm going crazy. i got the crawler x widners the other day and have since stripped out the barrel nut. i know i'm a wally. Anyway i need to get some new ones and i have only found the ones on rc4wd.com. They will cost $12 shipping to the UK so thats no good. So do i have to get some more widners or is there somewhere to just get the nuts. Any links will be most welcome I;m using HR beadlocks and trekker shafts with miniQLO tyres if thats any help
Thanks to all who take the time to reply
mydoddy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
rik
RCC Addict

Maybe search mcmaster.com or Google for them. They should be m2 x .5 thread, iirc....other than that, I dunno. Sorry.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydoddy69 View Post
Hi all can someone please help as i'm going crazy. i got the crawler x widners the other day and have since stripped out the barrel nut. i know i'm a wally. Anyway i need to get some new ones and i have only found the ones on rc4wd.com. They will cost $12 shipping to the UK so thats no good. So do i have to get some more widners or is there somewhere to just get the nuts. Any links will be most welcome I;m using HR beadlocks and trekker shafts with miniQLO tyres if thats any help
I could not find any on McMasters, I have been looking also. I have not seen any on RC4WD only regular wheel nuts, PLEASE tell me i am missing something and they sell wheel wideners...... Anyhow good luck searching and let us know if you find any.
RCOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

This doesn't really help you now I guess. But I found the best way to make sure you don't strip them is to thread them on first and get them nice and straight. Then put the widener and wheel on and snug it up. Also, if you try to put them on too tight they will bind everything up.

I have not found barrel nuts anywhere except for the ones included with the couple of widener kits as that's the only time you need them. I think you will need to order a new set of wideners, the bright side is at least then you have spares.
Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
rik
RCC Addict

Or you could just get a hold of BLADE. Maybe crawlerx sells replacements. Can't hurt to ask.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I also had a similar experience. The wheels always self-loosened, so from me always re-snugging the nuts...POP, they broke.

Any way, all my wheel widening dilemas went away when I got Losi #LOSB1737

No more weak, "unique-nuts".
nigelpheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydoddy69 View Post
Hey man, it's Guff from MTF.....
It is strange that you even need the barrel nuts with your axleshaft setup. My Trekker uses crawlerx wideners with enough axle thread left to use the stock wheelnuts...withHR wheels. You must have stripped it out tightening it to get the wheel tight, all the while the shoulder of the shaft wouldn't let the barrel go any further? For repairing the stripped one, a dab of super glue ought to fill the threads and let you start fresh.

Last edited by Midlife Crisis; 09-07-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Hey man, it's Guff from MTF.....
It is strange that you even need the barrel nuts with your axleshaft setup. My Trekker uses crawlerx wideners with enough axle thread left to use the stock wheelnuts...withHR wheels. You must have stripped it out tightening it to get the wheel tight, all the while the shoulder of the shaft wouldn't let the barrel go any further? For repairing the stripped one, a dab of super glue ought to fill the threads and let you start fresh.
Your right i was trying to tighten them down to much I had never had them before so just took it as you had to use the barrel nuts what a wally for not even noticing that I think I need a few early nights and some time of work to recharge myself

Last edited by mydoddy69; 09-08-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

BWD supplies some nice ones with his wheel exenders for the Micro, why don't you check out Don's site for barrel nuts.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:25 AM   #10

I just got pmed from blade at crawlerx and they are sending me some new ones so a very big thankyou to them know that is what I call great customer service
Old 09-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #11

i let a buddy borrow my crawler and he lost one of my bwd wheel nuts, i have been emailing don ever since an d havent recieved a response. if anyone gets some info on this, pass it on... FYI crawlerx ones DONT fit bwd vertex' they are too short.
blackfabguy is offline   Reply With Quote