Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler
Loading

Notices

Thread: Losi Micro FPV video Rig

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #21
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 71
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
this is friggin great. nice work on this.
Thanks. it's been a lot of fun, sorry there are not more videos, but I've been lazy and only driving thru the goggles and not recording anything.

I put those Orange molded tires on it, WOW it has very nice weight to it now !! but also I broke the Torsion chassis by falling with it.. I'll take some new pics
SuperDave420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #22
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 71
Thumbs up updated pics

still having a lot of fun. not sure of the max range yet, I don't drive it too far.

the delrin torsion chassis was cool until I broke it from a high fall.

the Orange tires added a ton of weight! .







SuperDave420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Prescott Valley
Posts: 3
Default

Nice have you ever been to microtforum.com. They have a good section for the micro crawler. I bet they would enjoy this.
J1mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #24
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 71
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1mny View Post
Nice have you ever been to microtforum.com. They have a good section for the micro crawler. I bet they would enjoy this.
Thanks, cool I just posted over there in the Mods section.
SuperDave420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #25
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US
Posts: 83
Default

SuperDave, I am very interested in this FPV setup, and did go to the site where you got the FPV equipment from, but just have a few quick questions if you don't mind.


1) For the reciever set, what battery are you powering it with? Are you using a 3S 11.1V Lipo?

2)For the Filtered Linear Power Supply that you linked, did you bridge solder the jumpers? I think you left it unsoldered for the default 3.3V? Does this mean that you are running the whole setup on the car with the FPV TX and camera on a separate 1S 3.7V battery?

3)Did you cut off the wire for the mic that came in the set?

Thanks for being patient as I have always been facinated by FPV control and plan to use this Micro crawler as my first learning plateform.
StickyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #26
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 71
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyWheels View Post
SuperDave, I am very interested in this FPV setup, and did go to the site where you got the FPV equipment from, but just have a few quick questions if you don't mind.


1) For the reciever set, what battery are you powering it with? Are you using a 3S 11.1V Lipo? I am using the 2 stock NiMH packs wired in parallel to power the trucks RX/ESC/ 2 servos

2)For the Filtered Linear Power Supply that you linked, did you bridge solder the jumpers? I think you left it unsoldered for the default 3.3V? Does this mean that you are running the whole setup on the car with the FPV TX and camera on a separate 1S 3.7V battery? I am using the power supply as shipped, no jumpers, set for 3.3V operation. I have a 1S lipo powering the Camera and Transmitter, I am using a 2nd 1S lipo just to power the 2 driving lights.

3)Did you cut off the wire for the mic that came in the set? yep I cut off the MIC, I damaged mine somehow and it was intermittent so I removed it for now

Thanks for being patient as I have always been facinated by FPV control and plan to use this Micro crawler as my first learning plateform.
No prob :-) it's a lot of fun and it was also fun to stuff this gear into such a small ride.


Dave
SuperDave420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #27
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave420 View Post
No prob :-) it's a lot of fun and it was also fun to stuff this gear into such a small ride.


Dave
Thanks for your great reply

Sorry, but I think you misunderstood my question #1. What I meant was, what battery for you using to power the 5.8GHz dual output receiver?

Also, with using the 1S 3.7V Lipo, how long can the FPV camera and 5.8Ghz TX in the car run for? I think that such a setup that can be powered by a separate 1S 3.7 V lipo is amazing!

I hope to purchase my setup like yours but plan to attach the 5.8Ghz output receiver to a portable 4.3 inc LCD and power both using a 3S 11.1V lipo....not sure if this is possible. Is it ok to link the LCD i see in Ebay here for you to see?

I am assuming that running a 5.8Ghz setup like this does not interfere with the Spektrum 2.4 Ghz controls. Also, what range are you getting out of this?

Last edited by StickyWheels; 11-29-2011 at 02:55 PM.
StickyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #28
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 71
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyWheels View Post
Thanks for your great reply

Sorry, but I think you misunderstood my question #1. What I meant was, what battery for you using to power the 5.8GHz dual output receiver?

Also, with using the 1S 3.7V Lipo, how long can the FPV camera and 5.8Ghz TX in the car run for? I think that such a setup that can be powered by a separate 1S 3.7 V lipo is amazing!

I hope to purchase my setup like yours but plan to attach the 5.8Ghz output receiver to a portable 4.3 inc LCD and power both using a 3S 11.1V lipo....not sure if this is possible. Is it ok to link the LCD i see in Ebay here for you to see?

I am assuming that running a 5.8Ghz setup like this does not interfere with the Spektrum 2.4 Ghz controls. Also, what range are you getting out of this?
Ah I see what you want to know now . I am using a Thunder Power 1300 3S pack to power the dual output video RX. so far I have not run out of power with it. but I have never spent more then 20 minutes at time running it before recharges.

as for the range I have not gone past 100 feet, I keep it kinda close so I can run out and flip it back over. (would be cool to add a flip-over servo to this later)

the 5.8Ghz seems to play fine with the Spektrum TX

yea it's really cool that video Cam and TX can be powered off a 1S lipo that's part of the magic here.

also this camera comes with a "night" lens still need to try it at night though., would want to add IR LED's for illumination though I'm sure
SuperDave420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #29
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US
Posts: 83
Default

Thanks SuperDave.

I will very likely start building my micro crawler FPV system real soon after I mod my crawler with a few details first. Hope you will still be around to provide some guidance when I do. Thanks!

Btw, how long does your FPV system run on the 1S 3.7V 130 mAh Lipo before the camera stops transmitting?
StickyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyWheels View Post
Thanks SuperDave.



Btw, how long does your FPV system run on the 1S 3.7V 130 mAh Lipo before the camera stops transmitting?
I honestly have no idea what the max is yet. the TX is 200mw forgot what the camera amerage was but it was less than the tx. I just always recharge it prior to taking it on a mission
SuperDave420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 AM   #31
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: US
Posts: 83
Default Re: Losi Micro FPV video Rig

Hi SuperDave,

I have now about completed my tweaks to my micro crawler and am now ready to begin the next phase of converting it to a FPV micro rig.

I noticed that you removed both cylindrical capacitors from the filtered linear power supply. I wish to do the same due to space considerations, and join them back to the board via wires as you had done. How did you remove the capacitors? At what points do you solder the wires to the capacitors and at what points to the board? Could I trouble you to post close up pictures of the different solder points? That would be much appreciated!

ALso, for the camera, did you get the NTSC or Pal?

Thanks!

Last edited by StickyWheels; 12-19-2011 at 03:34 AM.
StickyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dc-concepts, fpv, karbonic-x, superdave42



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com