Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2016, 10:38 PM   #201
RCC Addict

Default Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

I might go the lipo route at some point for the little micros, and yes I have a lot of experience with lipos, even making them puffy, lol!
I just never had to charge such a small battery that I remember, and it seems odd to me that it would take as long as the big 6cell NiCads with wall charger, like the old Nikko rcs, anyway I think I have some micro Deans laying around that I can use, to swap for the stock, and then charge the little things up!
Thanks man!
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2016, 02:10 AM   #202
RCC Addict

It's all about current flow.

Think of it like charging any different capacity lipo battery at 1C charge rate... A 200mah and a 5000mah will take the same length of time because the charge rate matched the battery capacity.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #203
TWS

Hey new Canuck here

Been messing with RC's my whole life

currently have a few things to put together, one of them is a Losi Micro crawler with a trail chassis - not sure who made the chassis
TWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 12:04 AM   #204

I used to primarily run drift and basher rcs but recently I had a baby so I moved to crawlers so I could use them indoors to entertain myself and the baby. My favorite so far is the losi mini crawler and slickrock. I feel they are the perfect size.
Ausomecrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:08 PM   #205
Quarry Creeper

Have been running Losi Micro Crawlers and Trekkers for a coupla years on 250mAh, 2s Lipo packs without issue. Use DDT 90t motors with stock gearing. Made a video that demonstrates the Lipo cutoff of the factory esc/receiver. Notice that the motor won't go, barely moved rearward, but the steering is functional. Classic LVC behavior. The packs show a little over 7v when put on the charger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8RSE20wPbo

Just ran a pack on the 'new' section of the 'Porch Pile' and right at 30 minutes on the transmitter's countdown timer, the little sucker slowed and would NOT throttle ahead but would still turn the wheels left and right. Just like in the video.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:06 AM   #206

First post. Suhhh dudes
Llence95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #207
Pebble Pounder

Hello from SE Louisiana, where we have no rocks! I actually drive a modded Redcat Sumo crawler and love it, but I am interested in investing in a modded Losi micro crawler by Lynx-Fungi. I've made some pretty great outdoor and back porch scale crawler courses using what I can, natural and man made elements. Trying to find out how to post some pics.

Also, love to buy a star for $20, but it says I don't have permission to access that page. I am a registered user. Any advise?

I'm also reaching out to any SE Louisiana crawlers too. Ive posted on the SE regional section on the forum too. My local shop in Lacombe may be interested in putting in a small indoor crawler course along with their indoor buggy/truggy course.
sethstiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 AM   #208
ed1

hi all.can i post somewhere on the forum for TT or McRC roller/spares etc,without getting told-off!
ed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #209

Names Alex, new to the crawler forum, not new to the Losi micro crawler though.

I have a Losi Trail Trekker, had it for a few years modded a decent amount with wheel weights, widened, different motor, fat tires, cut chassis, custom rear axle battery mount, 3rd party ESC and Rx so I can use my FlySky GT3B and a Model Chevrolet S-10 plastic body that matches my real life Chevy S-10.

Lived in Seattle where crawling was meh so she collected dust ... live in Colorado now where crawling is more fun, so she is getting a lot of use now.

I'll be hiding mainly in the Super Crawler section with an occasional lurk in this forum.
QueadlunnRau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:18 PM   #210

Hello Ray here Just trying to learn basic 101 rc stuff
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:26 AM   #211
Pebble Pounder

Hello from NE Arkansas. I found myself watching rc crawlers/trail trucks for hours on you tube and finally decided I wanted one for myself. Started out with a redcat rs10xt, but after modding and upgrading it I qucikly saw I wanted something better. So my next move was getting a trx-4 sport. The driving is great, but I really enjoy tinkering with it. New motor, servo, weights, tires & wheels. More upgrades on the way. I literally live in the middle of a rice field, so the terrain is not the best for crawling/trailing. Now I’m slowly building a backyard course. Broken blocks, wood, and rocks hauled in from trips to the hills. This forum has helped me tremendously with its wealth of info.
garage-boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #212

Hello. Enjoying getting back into RC Cars and Crawlers. I have a Losi Micro Crawler that I’d like to revive. I was hoping someone in this group can point me in the right direction and help me bring this little guy back to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hruiz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #213
Rock Stacker

Hey Guys long time Lurker��
But hoping for some help. I’m building a SCX24 Heritage build, with discontinued Pro Line Ambush body, MiniQlo Miclaws, just need some BWD Micro Vertex Wheels. Shoot me a message if you have a set or know someone who does��
XanderBolanos is offline   Reply With Quote