Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Welcome peck126. Sounds like you got a plan! Btw, newbie means new to the forum.....standard thing on forums. Thanks for checking in.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #22

Hey there, been a member of RCC for a while but never really posted, just lurked a bit. I recently got my hands on a MCRC ($60 shipped, thank you fleabay) and I've been modding since the first hour I've got it. I've went through the micro mod bible and did quite a few mods and I'm surprised at how much it helped this rig crawl...

-Solder inside wheels
-Electronics located to axles
-Removed plastic upper chassis braces
-Flipped tranny
-Reversed wheel treads
-Removed foams
-Switched to JST plugs (personal preference)
-DP Torsion chassis (boiled and bent like crazy to break it in, amazing little chassis)
-ESky digital servo
-Zippy 2s 350mAh LiPo (can't beat it for $3)
-DBR Vee Dub body

I think I got them all, so here's some pics...

Also, does anyone know how to get the small pinion to mesh properly? It seems like the motor mount doesn't allow it to get close enough to the spur without making awful noises. And does anyone else recomend any other mods that I can do to this rig?

Last edited by maxxdout; 10-28-2011 at 10:31 AM.
maxxdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

hello all. I've been around rccrawler for awhile. I used to have a TLT 2.2 and still have my TXT super. I haven't driven in a couple years, but ordered a couple MRCs for Christmas gifts, 2 for the boys and 1 for Dad. Looking forward to some basement crawling , and quality bonding time with the kiddos.
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Sweet bug maxxdout! the last photo is the best. the paint splecks go well with the fall background. living in south FL i miss the fall colors, but i dont miss the northern winters

as far as the pinion mesh you could try slotting the holes for the motor screws on the motor plate

Welcome Redbeard!
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:24 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

definitely not new to the forum or crawling but I thought I'd say hello. Local club is starting a micro comp series, I managed to trade for 3 micros this past week to jump into micro-comping. Hopefully when I get situated with the micros and building my course in my hobby dungeon i will post some pics.
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Welcome maxxdout, redbeard, and marzzz23! Enjoy the hobby and forum.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #27

Hello all. I am a newbie to both rccrawler as well as the entire crawler scene. I owned an SCX10 honcho for about 3 weeks before my cousin bought it from me because there is no where close that I could run it.
I just recently bought a losi trail trekker. Great little truck for me and my crawling skills.
Bought a few extra parts and plan to do some mods, but I figured Id show you my rig and a few obstacles I built. (I plan to build a course between my computer desk and a small chest of drawers.) Please excuse the mess rearrangements had to be made.

ranger_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the forums on RCC ranger racer. Trekkers rock and are alot of fun.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

checkin in before i get flamed...

great forum here, glad there are so many enthusiasts putting in so much time with their crawlers.

i picked up a blade tmc chassis and a bunch of hopups.
sooner or later ill post up a build thread.
been into rc since 94 but this is my first crawler.
elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Welcome elsewhere! Nobody is gonna get flamed unless they give us an uber good reason. Thanks for checking in Man.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Been playing with my MC for about 6 months now. Here's where I'm at:

Has Hot Racing Low CG Chassis, HR drag link, Losi aluminum skid plate, Losi aluminum Servo mounts, Mini-T links, lengthened driveshafts, Losi Li-Po battery, custom wiring, rear steer, de-cased and coated ESC, waterproofed servos (both are Hi-Tecs I forget exactly which one), and XMODS springs. Drives really great, I love this little truck! I was planning to not spend a lot but after paying $50 for the truck on ebay, I've thrown about $150 at it in goodies. Too much fun to stop Going to buy some wheel wideners, beadlocks, taller tires, and aluminum steering knuckles and C-carriers. Also might buy a second MC and turn it into a scaler.

By the way, if you're looking for springs that work, buy an old XMODS suspension kit from the first gen car. Stack a blue and a red spring and you get a nice mix of ground clearance and low CG. The red springs are perfectly soft for the MC and the blue springs give you some ride height. They only work on a stretched chassis (I tried them when it was stock and they were too stiff), but they are the perfect solution for Micro Crawlers. If you want less ride height you can also swap the blue springs for the yellow, but I've found the blue springs work best for me. You don't even need wheel weights!
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8695Beaters View Post
Been playing with my MC for about 6 months now. Here's where I'm at:

By the way, if you're looking for springs that work, buy an old XMODS suspension kit from the first gen car. Stack a blue and a red spring and you get a nice mix of ground clearance and low CG. The red springs are perfectly soft for the MC and the blue springs give you some ride height. They only work on a stretched chassis (I tried them when it was stock and they were too stiff), but they are the perfect solution for Micro Crawlers. If you want less ride height you can also swap the blue springs for the yellow, but I've found the blue springs work best for me. You don't even need wheel weights!

Nice Dude, dual rate springs. Welcome to the forum. Looks like you're on your way to a smoking crawler.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #33

Talking Newbie

Hello everyone! Man RCCrawler is awesome, you can answer all my questions. First of all I am glad to be here and hope to share my builds with you all.

671Crawler
671 Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Welcome 671 Crawler, enjoy RCC.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #35

Hi, new to the forum, but not new to RC. Been messing with a few different Traxxas models in the past few years, bought the wife a Losi Micro SCT, and this past weekend bought myself a Losi Micro Trekker.

So far I've done a few no-buck mods, but have some parts ordered up. First crawler, just figured it would keep me busy for the winter, do a little indoor crawling, etc.

I usually don't post much, and I'm too computer illiterate to post pics, but I usually do a lot of reading/ research. Depending on how this little cruiser turns out, I may end up with a fullsize crawler at some point.
Sandmann120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Welcome 671 Crawler, enjoy RCC.
Thank you! I am sure I will enjoy this.
671 Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Welcome Sandmann120. You'll get the hang of the picture thing! If I did, you definitely will be able too. Cruiser?!?!?........
Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Not new but wanted to check in with all of you. Recently I was picked by Blade (CrawlerX) to build up a micro for his new chassis. I want to thank him for the oppertunity. I can't wait to get started, I wanted to be able to compete in our clubs winter micro series and what a great way to start. Here is my micro as it sits and some of the track pieces I have built for it. Let me know if the link does not work.

http://www.eparccrawlers.com/forums/showthread.php?54-micro-course
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #39

Hey all, been lurking `round here a while now off and on. Bought a Trekker last year then moved and boxxed it up and kinda forgot about it til recently. Being my first RC I've kept it stock for now, flipped the shocks and added some weight to the tires but nothing else. Think I'm gonna have to rethink that looking around at some pics though. Some really cool info / ideas to be found around here for sure.
Mcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Default da zuki

hey im new
got my losi just over amonth ago now

drooped it cut springs
washers weighting tires not exact on the weight but it pulls um down!
fujimi jimny customized to a single cab pickup suzuki samurai
trailed out with metal bumpers sliders
i dont have any friends with scalers i do like more scale style rigs though
got the lipo! works good also ordered the swamper boggers from rc4wd

Last edited by oahuzuki; 11-05-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: pic
oahuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote