Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 07:08 AM   #41
rik
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=oahuzuki;3364868]hey im new
got my losi just over amonth ago now

welcome to rcc oahuzuki..your rig is friggin sweet! you should start a build thread on it...

oh, and do i see a functioning winch on there?????
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #42

Default Howdy Crawlaz!

Howdy, Dan here. I have a Losi Micro crawler suddenly... I work at a place that makes Styrofoam carving tools so i started carving myself a course, just thought I'd join your forum (since i use it all the time anyway) and show you guys what I've been working on. I'll make a separate thread for that as soon as I get my pictures uploaded. Thanks for all the info on this great site, ive used it to make all kinds of 1/10 and 1/18 crawler stuff (chassis, rims, etc.) and you also have the most info on the micro stuff. Keep up the good work!
Dan@hwff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

na rik, unfortunately its just a few pieces of plastic glued together with some wire wrapped around and a bent sliver of paper clip for the hook.

i've been looking for a key chain pulley thing for a winch though. i would just put it under the hood and keep it hooked on the bumper. i was wondering how well they work i heard of them used befor but ....not sure. check out the metal wire ones on google they look nice and have a protective coating on the wire its self! not sure if the metal case would be to heavy?
my nice bumper

befor the boggers and when it was a truggy!
oahuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

Hey everybody. I have been reintroduced into the hobby by my 5 year old son. He was watching some videos, then...let's buy this and that. Before you know it, we have two mrc's and one micro. I've been looking at threads on here and an impressed with all your builds. I look forward to doing some mods on ours soon.
Gambolified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:17 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Welcome Gambolified and oahuzuki.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Well I'm not to new to the site, but I'm new to the Micro crawlers. I'll post some pics up once I get the parts all in order, bought someone's botched attempt at a scale rig for 20 bucks down at the local hobby store
jaydubya2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #47

Hey. Been a long time since i've owned an rc car. I bought my son a micro crawler, at least until I realized the possibilities. Now I need to get him another. Lol
34paps72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Default Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

Welcome Guys! Happy reading....
Old 12-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #49

Default Re: newbie

Making sure I can post
BlackVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #50

Hey hows it going everyone im busted axle from central UT ! Proud member of UTRCRC known as low budget . Just picked up a losi micro scaler for my 2 year old for Christmas cant wait l think hes realy going to like it ! P.S. Merry Christmas !
busted Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Hey everybody been lurking for a little while now, reading up on guides, builds and stuff. noticed everyone was nice and helpful(unlike other forums) so i decided to sign up.

1980 Bronco (TT)
weight in wheels
removed springs and moved shock mounts.

McRc
wheel weight
moved esc, bat
cut springs
lowered shock mounts
flipped tranny
shaved front links(so tire doesn't rub when full steer)

Last edited by Smokem; 01-08-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #52
Rock Stacker

hay guys, im thesnake from the uk, im new to the world of crawlers, but not to the work of rc cars.
my mrs got me a micro crawler for my birthday, while i was waiting for the battery to charge for the first time i removed the springs from the shocks!
i have since decased the reciver and mounted it on the servo and mounted the battery on the rear axle.
im looking forward to doing further mods on this car. and also learning about crawling.
heres a picture of my crawler and one of my nitro truggy.

Last edited by thesnake505; 01-07-2012 at 10:56 AM.
thesnake505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #53

Hello All!! Im Andrew from MS. I just recently fell head over beadlocks for this side of the rc world. I spent so many years trying to fly inverted or nailing down the fastest lap, that I overlooked what has turned out to be the most rewarding, relaxing and entertaining avenue of the hobby industry so far. Rock Crawling, Newbie? I feel like a dummie!! Thanx for the oppertunity to be a part of this amazing & enlightening community. The journey begins...
andrewt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewt1 View Post
Hello All!! Im Andrew from MS. I just recently fell head over beadlocks for this side of the rc world. I spent so many years trying to fly inverted or nailing down the fastest lap, that I overlooked what has turned out to be the most rewarding, relaxing and entertaining avenue of the hobby industry so far. Rock Crawling, Newbie? I feel like a dummie!! Thanx for the oppertunity to be a part of this amazing & enlightening community. The journey begins...
Welcome Dude, glad to see your excitement about the hobby .......enjoy.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #55

Hi all,
I'm lurking around since a month to catch all I can about crawling.
Got my McRC for a month now and I'm actually completely modding it.
I'm newb in crawling but not in micros. I've been into mini-z and micro helis before so I know how to use my fingers.
I'm working on a TMC build (not finished my extended links yet) and the lipos are on the way .
Next, I plan to rewind my motor as I'd like to use BWD vertex + Miclows (when they'll hopefuly be back in stock...).
It's a great community we got here and I found tons of informations so far so thanks for that !
Beside that, I live in France, 29, graphic designer, musician in an electronic dub band (let me know if ya want to hear some ).
prd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #56

Hey guys I'm not new to the forum but new to the micro world I just got one and have to replace the servo! I'm using a dynamite 180 mah lipo 2 cell and am also wondering what there is for micro escs and rxs for the spectrum I now castle creations have a micro esc but no idea how small. As for my crawler it is stock with bbs in the front and it came with oil filled shocks that I have to install. I want to make a scaler out of it any ideas on frames?
EaSt_VeRnAl_CrAwLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #57

Well now, it seems I've stumbled into a collection of folks with a like mind to my own! Not sure if that's good...for you all...

OK, the details:

I used to do this...

Which lead to organizing this... The Nova Scotia Jeep Club SWAT Team. The Severe Weather Assistance Team is still going strong almost 6 years later, delivering doctors and nurses to the local hospitals back home when the weather turns nasty.

(more info about the community support program)

Now...? Well, I've downsized. Despite having a new Tacoma in the driveway which may become more trail worthy over time, my current focus in on my Losi Mini Crawler and the newest mini-moster, the Losi Micro Crawler I picked up this evening - charging now. In fact, while watching the Dakar, I was inspired to begin looking for a Kamaz body to mount on this little hustler. Not having any luck in that quest, but hey, its a hobby and the hunt is all part of the enjoyment.

Today began a fresh quest - collecting the bits needed to build my own, indoor rock crawling course. I'm after something small, portable and easily maintained. Not sure of the final form factor yet, but the ideas are swirling (lightweight, sturdy, durable, somewhat realistic, easily sourced, low-ish cost, etc.). I ordered some scale rock sections on Amazon, and a couple small fake boulders from Home Depot - we'll see how this evolves.

Which is what lead me to join here, in hopes of being able to learn from others who may have already been down this path already.
Oh yeah, my name is Duane.
sportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #58

Hi im new to the RC world, have bought a Trekker. Modded it a bit. Removed the stock foams, added 10 g's of bb's to the fronts, and 8 g's in the rear. I cut out the windshield and windows., added a clear windshield. I have also mounted an ID tag reel winch, mounted above the frame, to the frame. Stays when i remove the body. Also have cut the stops out of the shocks, gave a bit more travel, maybe a 1/4 inch. Will post a few pics.
cannaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #60

This is my first forum experience, thought I would check it out. UPS just dropped my Micro Crawler off at my house. I may have to go home early I think I have a bug comming on!
Asotktl is offline   Reply With Quote