Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #101

Default Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

Hi im new to the site and love it!! I have a micro rock crawler i got in july and have done the following upgrades:

Ridgeback chassis
Custom body panels
Hr beadlocks
Hr axle lock out
Hr c hubs and steering knuckles
Hr steering link
Hr servo mount and battery mount
Hr tranny case and spur cover
Custom upper and lower suspension links
Hr aluminum shocks
Mickey thompson baja claws( cut small lugs for traction) waiting on miclows
Extended wheel base to 5 1/4"
CrawlerX wheel widners
180mah 2c lipo
Some pics ( sorry they are poor quality taken with my ipod)
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3680/imagebdh.jpg
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9452/imageucy.jpg
CMcGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #102
I joined the Band!

hi my name is jeff
im a n00bie

and i have an addiction...

i just got a Redcat sumo for my 6 yr old and a losi trekker for my 12 yr old..

cant wait to post here with some good upgrade pics!!!!!!
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #103

Talking Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

Hey pplz... I stumbled across this club after i bought a trail trekker and was looking for custom parts, I was amazed at how many ppl are into these lil trucks. So here I am a new member and in the future will be posting my builds.
I am new and totally addicted to the world of crawlers and micro's which have been killing alot of time for me as it is winter here with loads of snow.....indoor crawling tracks are crazy fun. I find it best to throw a bunch of clothes and pillows on the bed and then put the covers on top......makes a very fast and easy to set up course.....and easily changable too.....haha.

PEACE !!!
tektwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Hi. My name is Jason. I'm new to crawling but not new to R/C. Just started my first step into the crawling category with a new redcat rs10 and just recently purchased a losi micro
Jsouza1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #105

Hi guys, I am thinking about getting into rc trucks and crawlers. I thought the micro crawler and/or trail trekker would be a great intro into the hobby for me. I had a couple xmod trucks a few years back. I will most likely be buying a trail trekker soon. Looks like this site has a lot of great info, and I look forward to learning a lot about the hobby.
ajpal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Either of those trucks would be a great starting point. The Trekker is going to be more readily available, but you can find Crawlers out there for fairly cheap. Not sure if it still is, but there's one for sale on here with lots of extras for like $90-$95, RTR.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #107

Hi guys. I am not new to RC or to this site, but I am new to this section. I have had a Losi MRC for a couple of years.

I've been wanting a Micro Rock Crawler for about as long as they've been out of stock everywhere. You know the old problem of wanting what you can't have? That defines me! Haha.

Well this week I finally put a WTB ad in the classifieds section. I got offered a completely stock RTR McRC and I ended up buying it. So far I love it. I wanted one that was lightly used and completely stock so that I could have a reliable machine to build and modify myself. As a lot of you say, I enjoy working on RC vehicles as much, if not more, than I like driving them!

I know I'll learn a lot from you guys.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #108

hello all crawgling for awhile trying micro ben looking thur the photos theres alot of nice rigs hope i can get mine looking this good ill get pics latter thanks for the moment Les
numbnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #109

Hey I'm Chris, I'm new to crawling....
OneLove86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Newbie!!! Just bought my first crawler. A trail trekker. Already been looking on here & done the:
Lead beads in my wheels
Weight on servo/front bumper
Removed spacers springs
Converted to jst plug & lipo.

Now i need to join so i can get a DDT motor & some info on a servo.
RcLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #111
Pebble Pounder

Hi all new to this section. current build is an Axial Scorpion f/r steering, then a Dingo scale. currently bashing the back yard with my losi mini and a Duratrax VW.

Ebay had a "1/16th mini Losi" that turned out to be a 1/24th micro so I took a peak in here and found out that these trucks are ALSO holes in the dirt you throw money into I have 3 grand kids [small now BUT they will be growing] so this may be my intro for them into RCs

Dan
dostacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Oops didn't see i should check in here first. Ive been looking at the trekker for a while and finally got one of ebay for a good price. Hope to have it this week
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

high guys i've been on rccrawler awhile but have mostly built and run 2.2 so needless to say i'm new to the losi micro crawler. I just recieved my losi micro that i bought from another rcc member it is mostly stock I think other than beadlock wheels with baja claws and hot racing shocks.
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #114

Hey all....I have been checking out this forum for awhile now getting ideas for my JK and my Tundra truggy.lots of great info. Hopefully, soon I will have some pix..
Mike
CLASSIC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #115

Hi everyone, got a TT and a sumo a while back. Been a lurker, but already got a 90 turn, 350ma lipos, and lead shot in wheels of the TT. Don't really mess with the sumo, it jumps when it turns, I think the wheels are warped. Thanks for all the great info here.
jonrobertd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #116

Hey guys, I've been into rc's for almost 20 years, and I'm only 26. Been mostly into off-road and monster trucks but finally took the plunge into crawling as I bought a Losi Trekker off ebay on Sunday. Been looking around the site for awhile now and finally joined. Looking to see what I can get myself into with one of these little things. I know a lipo is a must, but I'm not sure what motor to look into getting. All the info on here has been a help and a inspiration to what I think I can do myself.
Deathwish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #117

hi im new to this i have a trail trekker had about 3 weeks new i live in se portland oregon love this truck only 4x4 rc ive ever had was a walmart maisto crawler and maxstone 16 it sucked the walmart one was way better

i put a ddt predditor 90t motor in it and getting a 180mah 2s lipo for it to was wondering what tires i should get or if anyone has some they could part the lipo sucked all the extra money i had pm me if so i cut the stock tires and added weight and removed the foams but they suck on loose dirt and sand but are good on most rocks i stretched the springs to make them a little stiffer and cut the rear fenders off

now tires i was thinking of is the baja claws or tsl boggers or slingers idk let me know

also if anyone here is in or near se portland let me know would love to have a friend to hang out with and go trailing will upload some pics when i can get a new camera mine broke
micro cralwer man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys!
Mathcanbefun here (or Shawn if my username is just to ridiculous).
I got into rock crawling with a McRC. I would list the mods but it nothing out of the ordinary on this blog. Just ordered a trail trekker as well but has nothing out of the ordinary as well (yet). I live in sunny san diego and got started into rc bashing at the numerous bike jumps. Which got me into racing. Which got me into SCT. which somehow got me into crawling. Guess i just like RC. ANYWAY I ask a lot of questions so i apologize to the whole forum in advance. But so far everyone has been super helpful!

Thanks dudes! (OH YEAH! like the guy above said anybody in SD who likes crawling or any RC for that matter let me know!)
mathcanbefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #119

nice i just got this to day my name is tucker
foxboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #120
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys, my name is Garry. Got into rc's bout 3 months ago. Since then I have had a honcho, e Revo, t-maxx, AX10, newbright jk Scx10, losi xxxt, and my current Wraith :thumbup: just ordered my 3300Kv pro4 and mmp for the wraith on sat and I am psyched!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
gbaileyo7 is offline   Reply With Quote