Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #141
ilg
Rock Stacker

Default Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

I have been thinking about picking up a trekker for over a year now, but I have always hesitated when I would see it at the LHS.

I am not sure why, but I have never really browsed the micro forums before, and now I am kind of disappointed I haven't! There are so many amazing builds here.

So after seeing the trekker at my LHS today, I have made the decision to go in and pick it up tomorrow. It won't stay stock for long! Thanks for the all inspiration!
ilg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #142

This looks to be a great place for the Micros. I picked up a Trekker and should have a Redcat in the next couple days. Good indoor fun with my son.

Tim
timido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #143

Hey all,
I've been lurking for a couple weeks now. I've had a Micro Crawler for a year or two. It's mods include lipo battery moved to rear axle, springs removed from shocks, and wheel weights from BWD.

About a week ago I purchased a Trail Trekker do so more of a scale approach. So far it has the lipo moved to the rear axle, springs removed from shocks and shocks moved to lower holes. Just yesterday I installed RC4wd interco boggers on HR beadlocks and also an FJ body from ebay. The weight of these wheels and tires was a world of difference in this thing.

Mostly I've been running these in my bed with pillows and blankets as obstacles. Right now I have on order some fake rocks for reptile habitats that I'm going to try out for a rock course.

I will post pictures if Ya'll would like to see anything.
scalefarmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #144
Pebble Pounder

Not new to RC nor this forum, but new to micros, but found that they are the ideal choice for me. I'm not too interested in driving them, but I love building them. Started with a Sumo and need more Unfortunately, Losi Micros are hard to get here in Germany :(
aircooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:49 AM   #145

Default ciao!

Hi friends, I'm from Italy and I have a trail trekker...nice to meet all you.

Bye
Wj 4.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #146

Just picked up a trekker for my boy. I have an ax10
YZEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #147
Pebble Pounder

Hey everybody. I've been doing RC for about 9 months. First vehicle was a twin hammers, because I didn't know if I wanted to crawl or go fast. Buying a Honcho in the coming weeks, because I now know I want to trail crawl, scale style.
rcntncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #148

Hey all, somewhat new to the crawler scene. Recently got a trekker and began modifying immediately. First was obviously to remove the shock spacers. Then moved the shocks to the lower mounting space on the chassis. Since this is after all, a scaler at heart, I needed to put a better body on it. Picked up a snap together expedition model and off it went. Moved battery to front between body mount posts by making a "hammock" out of gorilla tape and a piece of Velcro. This left the battery box empty, stuck a name tag holder in and drilled a hole in the top. Winch works like a champ. Took off tired, filled with bb's total wt. per wheel is 25g (fronts) 22g (rear). Then I found a cool SVT raptor rc toy at Walmart. And it was on. Made a second "hammock" in the rear, painted it, and did some trimming. Body on. Got 1/4 rubber tubing and sliced it long ways. Fender flares complete. The thing came with working led headlights so that was badass. With two battery options I can really customize my weight distribution based on application. Have a brushless motor and new receiver in the mail as well as rc4wd rock crushers.

Last edited by THX_138; 03-02-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Images way past 800x600 size limit
EarlimusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #149

Hey guys, new trail trekker owner here. I'm having a slight problem with my truck. Once in a while it will completely cut out requiring me to toggle of on/off switch or even replug the battery, then it works fine. I am using a lipo but I know it's not the LVC since it has happened shortly after inserting a fresh battery. Any ideas?
Vipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #150

I am new to RCCrawler but not to RC. I am also a member of Ultimate RC and Elite on RCSparks forums. I have a micro Trail Trekker and I had some issues with it. I got a Revell model and used the body and such. I fried the esc in water after plastidipping it :( so I decided to make my own electronics that I know will handle the mud. I have a build video on it. Here is the links to my threads where I have plenty of pics and a video of my build enjoy

My Project Losi Trail Trekker - Mini & Micro RC forum @ URC Forums

and

Custom Esc/Rx for Micro Trail Trekker - Mini & Micro RC forum @ URC Forums

if you watch the vid, it will tell you how I have it setup as far as suspension. I will do the winch mod and some lipos in the near future.
tmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #151

I guess I'm suppose to check in here.
jdowling405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #152
Quarry Creeper

Welcome to the madness
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #153

Hey all!

Name: Lane Anderson

I come from a 4x4 background. Previously owned a sweet 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser, built to the hilt and then some, stuffed with all kinds of goodies. I've always done my own work on it and promptly beat the ever-living snot out of it on the weekends. I sold it about a year and a half ago, though, so it's been tough for me to get a proper wheeling fix.

My dad got me the micro crawler for Christmas several years ago. I've been getting back into playing with it recently, as it served as the basis for an automated robot project (failed horribly, BTW, not gonna mention that again). I put it back together and started modding it the last few weeks and came across this site, so far I'm liking it.

Mods:
- Relocated battery to the rear axle
- Removed springs
- Removed ESC casing
- Relocated upper shock mounts
- Savox SH-0256 steering servo
- Land Cruiser Prado body (sourced from a Tamiya model, chopped, windowless)
- Removed small lugs from tires

Future mods:
- LiPo battery (300-ish mAh)
- DDT Predator 90t motor
- 9t pinion (probably the brass one someone else brought up)
- Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires, unless I can find MiClaws
- Longer control arms

I think that's it for now...be gentle.

Pics:
http://i.imgur.com/Lqr5xBq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/S0PSv0l.jpg

Last edited by Lka1988; 05-12-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Lka1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #154
AJf
Rock Stacker

Hey all been a member on here since idk '07 or so? Got out of it for years until I got rid of the ex and I've recently found I've got a lot of time. After a recent move got back into it after a late night bidding war on eBay ended in me becoming the owner of 2 Trekkers and TONS of goodies for them. Currently doing a Toyota semi scaler build trail truck...I've got tons of pictures and figure I'll do a build thread at some point but just wanted to say Hi to y'all...oh also I'm from MO...and other micro guys from MO out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AJf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #155
Pebble Pounder

Hey guys. I recently signed up on here and have loved the site for a long time. I've used a lot of other people's idea's on my own crawlers. I've built a two crawlers and love the hobby. My first build was CJ7 full custom build out of brass. Nothing real special as far as the motor. Its stock with a Savox servo and a lipo of course. I haven't posted the build of it on her yet. My newest build is full custom brass tube Toyota. It has a Brushless motor and lipo. Still waiting for the servo to come. I'm going with the Savox as well on it. Also waiting on new tires. If you wanna check the build out you can go to my build thread. Here is a pic.

grandbolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #156

Hi everyone,

Got a Trekker a couple of months and have been hooked ever since
Can't drive it more than a couple of times without trying to mod or upgrade something. So far, Super Swamper tires (foams out, a full load of lead birdshot in each one),wheel weights on front wheels, removed stoppers, lowered suspension, Velcroed washers to back mount, 2s 250 and 350 lipos with jst connectors.

So many more plans ahead

Learned a lot from this forum so far and plan to learn much more...

Looking forward to talking to ya'll
BigChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #157

Hey, I just got myself a losi trail trekker, love the thing! I noticed it was tipping backwards easy so i added some weight. But i was wondering is 2 ounces in front and 1 and 1/4 in the back to much?
Silentcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #158
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentcrawler View Post
Hey, I just got myself a losi trail trekker, love the thing! I noticed it was tipping backwards easy so i added some weight. But i was wondering is 2 ounces in front and 1 and 1/4 in the back to much?
Only u can decide what works for ya.....

:thumbup:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #159

Hello,

I have been checking the forums for my scx10 and also notice the losi micro section. I have a micro crawler and never really did anything to it, kept it the way it was rtr. I ran it for a month or so and left on the shelf. I decided to work on it since I see there was a section for it. Hopefully I can get it up and running again.
Tri2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #160

Cool forum, been stalking for a few weeks ever since I got my Trail Trekker. Not new to forums but new to scale crawler, though I've always love watching videos on them.

Already removed the foams from the tires, added wheel weights, Zippy 350mah lipo, and have the hot racing gear case and 56T gear on the way. Wanting the 90t motor, gotta slow this thing down since adding the lipo. It crawls too fast and ruins my realism I'm striving for lol
sleepyboy is offline   Reply With Quote