Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #161

Default Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

Hello, my name is Blake i have a trail trekker and it has all the basics flipped the tranny, took the foam out of the tires and so on. I was thinking about making it into a scaler, i was going to buy a model kit and make a whole new chassis to fit the body but wasnt really sure how to go about doing this, thanks guys and girls. ;)
Fireumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #162

Hello!

My name is Nick, currently the micro rock crawler is the only crawler I own. I've been in the hobby a while now and have finally decided to take some time away from my 1:1 jeep and work on some smaller scale toys to play with on the trails here in Colorado.

05JeepLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #163
Rock Crawler

Hello, Rodney From Portland Or here.

2 months ago I gave all my old (10yr old) R/C trucks to my nephew and right away I wanted another R/C.
So it is true , Ya don't know what ya want till ya give it away..

Long story short.
I have a 1:1 95 Suzuki SideKick that I'd go Crawlin in and thought I just had to
have a Mini-Me. (cheaper in the long run)
Luckily I bought the body I wanted to use a few yrs ago for some unknown Chassis.. It's a Zuki thing..
Searching for the right Chassis, I found myself here..
Then I bought a ACX10 Dingo because I knew I needed the shortest chassis for my SideKick (Descender body).
So I thought I'd build a Scaler..
It Runs, Crawls and looks (from the outside) just like my 1:1.
Thanks to this Forum, I'm going to build the inside..
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #164

Talking Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

Hello fellow rcers,
Name is Josh I've been messing around with the Losi micros especially the crawlers, trekker.
I have to say I'm having more fun than I have had with rcs for sometime!
I have 2 trekkers that I have been slowly working on to make as scale as I can not only that but I get to rekindle my model building for scale bodies and tires.I also have the micro crawler it has a few mods and hop ups I got right off this site.
Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hello, and look forward to talking with you guys.
I will be posting pics of some of my favorite trucks and picking up as many tips and tricks to improve the looks and functionality of my rides.
micronuttsgetit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #165

Hello fellow rcers,
Name is Josh I've been messing around with the Losi micros especially the crawlers, trekker.
I have to say I'm having more fun than I have had with rcs for sometime!
I have 2 trekkers that I have been slowly working on to make as scale as I can not only that but I get to rekindle my model building for scale bodies and tires.
Anyway just wanted to drop in and say hello, and look forward to talking with you guys.
I will be posting pics of some of my favorite trucks and picking up as many tips and tricks to improve the looks and functionality of my rides.
micronuttsgetit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #166
Rock Stacker

JB from Socal, i bought trail trekker for my wife, she loves it....
Geck0Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #167

hi everyone,
I got a losi micro rock crawler
Some mods:
Jeep wrangler body
Cut springs
Lipo 2s 450mah
RC4WD micro thompson with no foam inside

Here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFF3suTf6NY
panthos974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #168

Well, I just ordered a Losi Micro Rock Crawler and wanted to introduce myself here. I am just looking for a change of pace and something that will break less than my other 45+MPH cars. I am super excited for this crawler to come, it will be my first one ever and I just wanted something cheap that I could fit in my backpack and take to friends houses.

Now, I guess I have to tell you about myself!
I am from North Pole, Alaska and love RC.
LosiMTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #169
Rock Stacker

Hey! Signed up for the forums to lurk around and learn more about micro crawling. I stumbled across a Losi mini crawler from a friend for $60 and love it. Thinking about going micro but having some problems with indecision about the best micro crawler by brand. Can't find many used on ebay (two total!?) and the ones I find are broken! SO for now, I'll keep reading about how they work and how to mod them, and I'll play with my mini crawler. Maybe over the winter....

Impulse bought a micro trekker yesterday..let the mods begin!

Last edited by Snarf77; 10-03-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Snarf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #170
mtm
Pebble Pounder

I don't consider myself a newbie but hey, my name is Matt
mtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #171

trying to get this 16th scale chevy half ton rc'd for once lol

I'm big into the tamiya big rigs and so forth. This is pretty small but im a scale kinda guy. gotta look good lol
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #172

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.

I run a trekker with shortened springs, battery located on rear axle, Danally 90T motor, 10T pinion, trimmed tires, and right now I'm in the process of trying to mount some Mickey Thompsons Baja Claws. I'm somewhat new to crawlers, but already this site has taught me a lot! I look forward to learning more about crawlers in general and building up my Ridgecrest and Honcho to be more capable machines.

The online RC community of people is and always has been awesome! Thanks!

Last edited by trofferb; 01-04-2015 at 10:18 PM.
trofferb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #173

Hi everyone my name Mike (noob) and I have a few 1/10 scale crawlers and thinking about getting another micro.I bought a hsp 1/24th crawler and had it for a day before burning up esc.Now I'm trying to decide between a 1/18 or 1/24 losi cralwer to play with indoors.
UPDATE Well,I gave away the hsp and now have a Losi mini crawler a mini pro a micro crawler and a micro trekker. I think I really like the trekker and can't wait to get a scale body on it.I picked up a Hummer toy for 6 bucks with great detail.Will post pic's when complete or near.

Last edited by mike wagner; 02-25-2015 at 07:20 AM.
mike wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #174
Rock Stacker

hi my name is jamie and im a noob. i have an hpi blitz and now a losi trail trekker. Going to go the scale route i think.
triptherip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #175

Hi my name is Jason and I never had a crawler but have a micro sct and a track in my basement but want a micro crawler or trail trekker to play with. I signed up here and it looks like I have alot of questions and reading to do.
outtakontrolldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #176

My name is bruce, greetings to all..im a tinkerer and will be working on a sumo micro crawler ,with my grandson .. Thats right im a grandpa...ive had it apart and put it together again. It keeps me young .reading your posts is so helpful ,i enjoy every minute. Ill be doing alot of reading so keep up the good work. Info is power!
BAR T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #177

whats up guys.... i'm kinda new to crawlers but not rc's... i got into rc's about 3 years ago and i had bought the losi mini and micro rock crawlers but at that time i lost interest in them because i wanted the rc's with more speed so i sold them... few months ago i started regretting selling them because i got hit with the crawler bug and i wanted them again... to help quench my addiction i bought the crawler/scaler that gave me the fever which was the RC4WD Trail finder 2

then i got my son the vaterra ascender.. he's 4 years old and is really into fire trucks so for Christmas i got him this

and now that my TF2 is all built i dont want to get it dirty maybe it will become my shelf queen or maybe not none the less i went and got another one in hopes ill get this one dirty

the weather hasnt been that good, stuck in doors so i ordered a trekker as well to play indoors in my parking lot..

i have always been a big micro fan so now i want to build a micro toyota hilux to match my tf2 which is the new project im working on now will get the crawler x chassis and maybe build my own cage like a mini wraith ill post pics as the progress starts

wish i would have joined this forum long ago....
destnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

I just got the trail trekker today. It was OK, I weighted the front wheels and the frame. Climbs better for now, until I get new tires.
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:03 PM   #179

hello I have a 1/24 scale micro crawler with 1/25 AMT Ford Explorer and bronco model bodys Wheel base 4.5 inch lengthened With DP springless chassis and adjustable tie rods from mini t running Xcelorin 8750kv 1/36 brushless with 7.4v lipo with spectrum receiver stock spur an 12t pinion also has rear wheel steering Mickey Thompson Baja Claws 6 of them because I 3d printed a dually wheel adapter I also made snow chains Plow trailer and now am working on a ford dump truck
hobby machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #180

Here is my new Trekker. Out of the box I pulled the foams, spun the springs up on the shocks and flipped them to give it a lower stance and help with COG. I also decased the ESC. I had a bunch of 1S lipos laying around for my micro quadcopters so i've been using those to give me longer runtime. I haven't timed it yet, but my 600mah is probably giving me about 2-3x more than the stock NiMH battery.

The kids love it and fell over themselves to grab their blocks and start building a course. Driver training is needed for them to tackle the course though. They are all throttle.
twodollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote