Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #61

Default Re: ***Newbies check in here 1st and introduce yourselves.***

Hi all im new to the froum and rock crawling i used to race 1/10 touring cars but it too expensive to carry on so i got myself a 1/10 Nitro buggy for a bit of fun but i wanted to do something different and rock crawling looked like just the hobby for me so I got a Losi McRC BND and have done some of the normal mods but i have also machined some custom wheel weights that fit inside the back of the stock rims and disks for the outside of the front wheels. I have more mods planned but but living in England most upgrades have to be shipped from america.

Mods:
springs removed
Gearbox turned round
2S Lipo on rear axle
Custom Machined Weighted wheels Front 31g Rear 23g
Reciever/ESC turned round
TMC V2 Chassis (Currently on its way from america)

Future Mods:
Extended Wheelbase
Widened Track
Motor (brushless maybe??)
Aluminium gearbox Housing/Cover
Air dampers

If anyone has any advice to offer that would be great.

Thanks Anthony
Focusmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #62

Guess I should introduce myself. Just got a new trail trekker and have started a build thread. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-...mer-build.html

I'm from Houston, TX. Too bad it's so flat down here, but I'm building my own little "rock garden" to play around in.
Musik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #63

Hello, I'm totally new to RC trucks (well, I owned a Tamiya Grasshopper almost 30 years ago!).

My goal is to build a detailed scale model of a Scania Dakar rally truck. The Tamiya Scania truck cab and interior will be here tomorrow and I can't wait.

I'll put in an MFU as well as a throttle sensitive smoke generator into the cab and/or the body. I also want to heavily weather the body with mud, dust, scrapes and other typical Dakar abrasions. Lastly, I'm looking for scale figures and a driver to put in the cab, they'd all look weathered as well.

Anyway, I'm excited to join a group...this is something I've never done before!

Zwony
zwony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #64
idk
Quarry Creeper

hello,
im new to this forum, i have a venom creeper but this is my frist micro. i got a trail trekker and love it! had for a bit now im ready to mod!! lets get it on!
idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #65

I build big rock donkeys but I thought a tiny one would be fun too.
I'll have a build thread here for my RCSC when the mods approve it
Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #66

So tell me, do these micro crawlers curb the urge to build larger scale? Or do they simply promote the habit? I'm really try not to get into another project/money hole.
leather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leather View Post
So tell me, do these micro crawlers curb the urge to build larger scale? Or do they simply promote the habit? I'm really try not to get into another project/money hole.
Well man, pretty much all of the above! You get to build them, and they are so much less expensive then the bigger scale. You know, rainy day, nothing to do, larger scale truck is too big for the house. But you know what? You got a micro crawler to mess with.
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #68

Sounds like trouble to me.
leather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #69

I bought a truck. Took a few poser shots in the yard today.

And one with daddy, which I plan to build this little turd into a scaler of.

So far it's good fun. I need some real batteries though. The factory NiMH has been pretty awful.
Natecphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Hello everyone! Brooke here, and I have been lurking for the most part. I found the Trail Trekker last year on the Losi website and thought it would be nice for a 2000 sq foot apartment 3 stories up. So far the Cats love it and I do too. "thumbsup

Been ordering parts for the trekker all weekend on my Blackberry. Wait till my Wife peeks at the Amex bill on Monday. I might need an organ grinder and a monkey when she is done with me but the damage will be done.

Its been about 20 years since my last RC ride. I had a JRX-2. After all the death and destruction caused by that thing I think my little Trekker will be a carpet queen for the most part but I cant resist a new Toy/Project so here I am.

Here is my first contrabution for the other newbies:

When you replace the stock servo, and you realize you need to trim one of the Servo Horns down, chop 3 arms off the 4-way instead of chopping the single arm. Then you will have a servo horn that is more proportionate to your Micro and it will not interfere with the steering linkage. You may also discover it allows for more steering travel and that will enable you to turn up your ST.D/R (Steering Rate) closer to max than not. This will give you a tighter turning radius and finer steering control.

Enjoy your Sunday People!

Last edited by olblueyez; 04-29-2012 at 01:45 AM.
olblueyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #71

Hi all, I'm new here as well. Just bought myself a losi micro trail trekker a few days ago and allready want to make a micro scaler. Glad I found this forum as it has some great advice!
XxScout IIxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #72

Hey everyone, I spent this last weekend lurking for hours around these forums and learning all I could before deciding to purchase a Trail Trekker for myself. I ended up going with the Trekker to save money, because what I truely want is a SCX10 kit and I realize that I'd pour money into it like crazy.

I am aiming to a little performance Scaler.

My rig so far:
-Micro Trail Trekker
-Wheel Weights
-Losi LiPo 180mah, 7.4v (Not sure I understand the 180mah and all, but I am trying to learn)
-90t Predator Losi Motor (By Danally)

Future Upgrades:
-Aluminum wheels (I LOVE the RC4WD Beadlocks, but don't know if I can bring myself to drop the $50, or if they even offer any performance improvement other than weight.)
-JEEP Wrangler body? Thinking about getting a model JEEP or something similar and rigging it to fit my Trekker
-Shock upgrade? I don't know if there are any good upgrades or mods yet that dont involve a rubberband.
-Scaler upgrades. I like the idea of a scaler, and would like to see if I can rig up little LEDs and such, I need to research it.

Pictures/Build thread soon to come! Thanks for all your help in advance!
RubberDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #73

Hey all,

New crawler here, just getting back into surface RC after a long time in aircraft. Just ordered a Micro Trekker, and while I'm awaiting its arrival I'm scheming my mods.

Hope to do:

HR Trans Case
HR Trans Cover
Predator 90t motor
59t spur mod (as suggested by DANALLY)
RC4WD beadlocks with either Rox or Mickey T's (open to suggestions here)

Since I'm new to crawling (and micro crawling at that), I'm open to suggestions on first suspension mods. I've read about the Micro-T springs, no springs, cutting the stock springs, etc. Has anyone tried the DP torsion chassis?

Also looking to go for a scale look, still deciding on what body -- whether to go retro with something like a Unimog or modern with a wally-world Jeep Rubicon body.

Great forum, and I look forward to modding, keeping y'all posted, and learning from the experience here.

Cheers,
MtN C.
MtNCrWlR67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #74

Hi all!

I bought two Losi Micro Crawler secondhand because I needed the axles for a scale project. But after getting the crawlers running, I dont see how I can dissasable them for parts, they are a lot of fun to drive! I now need to buy some axles for my project...

I have started the upgrade/modification of one of them. Both is without the springs, improved a lot! I have made a custom frame of carbonfibre with my dremeltool. Now I need to find some balllinks to extend the wheelbase. I have also got a lipo for the modified one. If I find some tires the I like then I'm going to change those too.

I do belive that this is not going to be my last crawler, I now have a craving for a losi mini crawler or something like that. The man I bought the crawlers from had a 2.2 pro crawler with a cost like a brand new car! I am hooked!

I will make a build log after I got the balllinks so I can take some pictures of the finished vehicle!
PunyViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #75

Hey all,

New to R/C crawling, just picked up a Trekker. Trying to post here for the 3rd time...if this doesn't work I'm just going to post in the main Losi Micro forum.

Planned mods include:

HR Transmission housing
HR Trans case
HR 56t spur gear
HR pinions
Predator 90t motor from Danally
RC4WD beadlocks with Rok Lox

These are what I've gleaned as being good first-time upgrades, and I'm open to suggestions. Also going to be working my way through the Mod Bible, but still having a hard time discerning which mods work for the Trekker vs. those that are just for the Micro Crawler.

Cheers,
MtN C.
MtNCrWlR67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #76

Sorta new to forum starting back from an lil vaca from RC but Ive bought a sumo and losi with all loads of things... already posted a terrain build thread... now that trucks have arrived i will get to my build thread! nice to meet everyone cant wait to get down to it!
Luerkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #77

Hi all I'm Shane aka cabooseWa am from western Australia have been building bashing and racing rc's for about 6 yrs now I have a couple of builds going on at the moment an all ally mini lst for show and slowly turning my 80kph mini T's back to stock for my kids to bash I've had 1/5's 1/8's nitro an brushless emaxx on 6s raced core trucks at my local track, meets with western crawlers with my ax10 but have a huge love for 1/18 but I just got my first micro (shoe crawler) and and very impressed with it got quite a few things on order for it that I will post up as they arrive and as I mod it and btw love the site Very professional and well presented
CabooseWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #78

Hello,
Brand new to the forum and to crawling in general. Trying to plan ahead for indoor winter months, so I'm looking to buy a micro, start small, walk before you can run...and all of that! Been looking and it's not been that easy to find a stock set-up. Maybe I could get some feedback on what mods I might want to ssteer clear of, what might be good to already have done,etc . when buying used. I'de appreciate any input as I am starting from scratch here. I'm sure I'll be around here plenty, drawing on all of your experience, so thanks. The info I've already taken from here has been very valuable. See ya around!
DaddyaddyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Hi folks, I'm new to this sub-forum at least! Signed up to the RCC forums a while back but other than my abandoned Bruiser build I've been absent from here until a couple of weeks back. I have a couple of MRCs which I've enjoyed wheeling for a year or two now, but recently heard about the Trekker! I'm a bit behind, I know, I had only heard of the Micro Crawler previously - didn't know about the Trekker until the other day.

So, of course I'm AMPED about building a Trekker now. I want to make it something like my 1:1, which is a 1HZ 80 Series Landcruiser. In the past week or so I've ordered a Trekker, Losi wheel widener kit (LOSB1737), a Fujimi ID-79 LC 80 1:24 body, a nice set of wheels and beadlocks from RC4WD, DANALLY's 110T Predator Big Block motor kit, a Hitech HS-65MG servo and a few 370mAh LiPOs. Looking forward to seeing all the loot arrive so I can get my build started!

Edit: everything but the Trekker itself has arrived. Tell you what, I hope this little truck makes it here or I'll feel a little silly with everything else here! Really looking forward to getting started. Have plans to build a scale 1.5m x 1m crawling course, complete with bridges, a volcano and water course. Hurry up, Trekker!

Last edited by cragv; 08-11-2012 at 03:05 AM.
cragv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #80

i'm a noob and i'm still lost and trying to wander my way around here

i'm into 24th scale mainly but have 16th/18th, and 10th scale RCs for a year now mainly scalers i'm coming from helis and planes !

does RCC have means to upload photos direct or just have to use a sharing site and link?
TwentyF4rth is offline   Reply With Quote