Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Best Micro Tire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #1

Default Best Micro Tire?

Does anyone know what the stickiest/grippiest/most flexible tire is for the micro? Losi Micro Tires

Thanks!
maxxdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Miclaws are the oooey gooiest sticky tires out there. Flippin huge too. Rcmart in Hong Kong sells them.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Miclaws by far are the stickiest. then maybe...roxlox because of side bite. what are you crawling on? granite, sandstone, dirt, couch?
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastokinematic View Post
Miclaws by far are the stickiest. then maybe...roxlox because of side bite. what are you crawling on? granite, sandstone, dirt, couch?
Yup exactly. Miclaws if you wanna go bigger and Rox Lox if you wanna keep em more stock size.
Markhpnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I need to try to cut and shut some roxlox or pin tires. I would really like some nice tall pin tires for my micro.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #6

I crawl on rocks most of the time. Will the Miclaws fit on the stock rims?
Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

they will fit. you will have to glue them on there. most get a beadlock wheel and roll that. such as the micro vertex by BWD. you will need to widen your wheel base to retain steering if you run with these tires. They are huge compared to stockers. you can refer to Danally mods version 1 and now version 2.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elastokinematic View Post
I need to try to cut and shut some roxlox or pin tires. I would really like some nice tall pin tires for my micro.
I did make a pin tire using 2 tires from micro t rears had to cut about a 1/4 inch strip from the 2nd micro t tire. glued them together, put them on a Micro Crawler tire that had its tread cut off. glued them together, looks good, but the mix of different rubber compound didnt cut it, sidewalls would fold in. May have to make a micro crawler tire look like a swim tube then apply the Pin thread on top of the tire to make it more stiffer, yet flexible.
ChiefWigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Default Opinions on Tires & Rims.......merged with Best Micro tire thread

I want to upgrade my wheels and tires on my Micro Crawler. What wheels and tires should I buy? I'm looking at these tires: CRAWLER TIRES 4 only fit LOSI MICRO CRAWLER X-MODS | eBay because they look to be pretty tall (6 mm bigger than the stockers), but are RC4WD's tires any taller? I've been getting high sided a lot, so that's why I'm looking at new tires. Also what rims should I get? I'm tossing up between BWD and Hot Racing beadlocks. What's everyone's opinion? Thanks in advance.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Are you looking for scale looks or the biggest softest stickiest tire you can get? the tires you listed are solid urethane and very firm but some like it for slow crawling because of the weight and stickiness, though its not the best
the biggest & softest would be the Miclow tires from the yokomo Mini Qlo.
all thats left is the 4 available tires from RC4WD

Do a search in the losi micro forum for the word "tires" there are many many reviews & pictures of all the available tires on the forums. you could also check the "newbie" sticky and the "what to buy and where" sticky at the top of the sub forum page
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

RC4WD Swamp Boggers make a great smaller substitution to the larger MiClaw tires. The swamp boggers are almost identical to stock trekker tire size.
Evilinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

8695Beaters and maxxxdout,

I merged your threads. Very similar content and you'll both get answers.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Thanks. So I won't get the ebay tires, where can I get BWD's wheels? The link in the Where To Buy thread is broken and they're not listed in BWD's store.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8695Beaters View Post
I want to upgrade my wheels and tires on my Micro Crawler. What wheels and tires should I buy? I'm looking at these tires: CRAWLER TIRES 4 only fit LOSI MICRO CRAWLER X-MODS | eBay because they look to be pretty tall (6 mm bigger than the stockers), but are RC4WD's tires any taller? I've been getting high sided a lot, so that's why I'm looking at new tires. Also what rims should I get? I'm tossing up between BWD and Hot Racing beadlocks. What's everyone's opinion? Thanks in advance.
I've read that those urethane tires in your link are very hard and do not grip as well as the RC4WD versions.
I was running RC4WD Rok Lox for a year untill a set of used Miclaws came up for sale on the forum... wow, what a difference! The Miclaws really upped the game of my micro crawler. Because of those tires, it's getting ran almost everyday now instead of sitting on the shelf

If you get Miclaw, you will need to either offset your wheels or buy wheel wideners.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I have a set of miclaws, roxlox, and boggers. All are bad ass but I would rate them in that order. Boggers are awesome but if you do alot of sidehill off camber stuff you will find that you will slide sideways. Im a big fan of the roxlox but I wish they were taller...about miclaw size. Then they would be perfect. As a scaler tire they are cool.

Miclaws...
Old 10-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #16

The Miclaws sound good but like someone said, I will have to widen the axles to make it work, which I don't want to do at this time. So just to double check, the next best tire next to the Miclaw is the Rox Lox?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 PM   #17
Scale Detail Engineering

Honestly, I was not impressed with my Rok Lox... but then again, I've only run the stock Losi, then Rok Lox and now Miclaws.

I think I'd go with the Super Swamper TSL's if I didn't want to run the Miclaws.

I was about to get the Rock Crushers when I started to loose interest in my micro because I was very unhappy with the Rok Lox... but that was before RC4WD came out with the SS TSL's and Baja Claws.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #18

Yea, the Super Swamper TSL's look like they have a much bigger and more aggressive tread compared to the Lox.

I was going to buy some beadlocks for them until I saw the price tag. $50 for micro rims? Lol, are they worth it?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #19
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxdout View Post
are they worth it?
IMHO, if you're serious about the micro... yes
You don't need them, but they (BWD) are really nice.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

I have all the RC4WD tires and like the Claws best, Boggers are a close 2nd.