Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Ok to use threadlock on the BWD widener barrel nuts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Ok to use threadlock on the BWD widener barrel nuts?

Hi,

I noticed on the BWD wideners, that when used together with the Micro Vertex rims, the barrel nuts do become loose after a few runs. I am worried that the wheel would come apart, and I loose my tiny holding pin or some other part of the BWD widening components. Can anyone confirm with me that it is safe to use threadlock on the barrel nuts?

Btw, anyone know where I can find the tiny wheel pin replacements just in case I loose mine? I am so paranoid as these are so tiny and if lost, the whole wheel, and MRC becomes incapacitated.

Thanks.
StickyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Ok to use threadlock on the BWD widener barrel nuts?

They come with the axle set from Losi (outer stubs and pins for McRC, and outer stubs and hexes for Trail Trekker), the mini Qlo pins are the same size and available from rcmart.com ... best plan an order if you go that route. You could also make new ones out of music wire easily enough.

Threadlock should be fine, just let it set overnight, don't go overboard with it though.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
They come with the axle set from Losi (outer stubs and pins for McRC, and outer stubs and hexes for Trail Trekker), the mini Qlo pins are the same size and available from rcmart.com ... best plan an order if you go that route. You could also make new ones out of music wire easily enough.

Threadlock should be fine, just let it set overnight, don't go overboard with it though.
Hey there Rockfrog! How's your New Year so far? I went out for some dinner and only just got back a while ago.

Thanks for the confirmation about using threadlock. I did not want to use it only to find out that it somehow prevents me from removing the wheels or not able to use the BWD stuff again after wheel removal due to some kind of permanant damage.

HHmm....music wire sounds good enough for me! Yet another good tip!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Use the blue (medium) sparingly, others have reported the BWD ones stripping. I wouldn't know as they won't work for me, like I was saying in your other thread. I hear the rc4wd ones are the way to go barrel nut wise.

As for my new year ... today was stormy and I'm working solo out at work ... just another day out here. But I finished a car and beat the snot out of it

Last edited by Rockfrog; 01-02-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
Use the blue (medium) sparingly, others have reported the BWD ones stripping. I wouldn't know as they won't work for me, like I was saying in your other thread. I hear the rc4wd ones are the way to go barrel nut wise.

As for my new year ... today was stormy and I'm working solo out at work ... just another day out here. But I finished a car and beat the snot out of it
Blue one...okie. Others have reported the BWD barrel nuts stripping after using the Blue threadlock? Or just that the BWD barrel nuts just strip easily in general? I figure that if I use the blue threadlock, I can just barely tighten it snugg(not over tighten), and the blue threadlock will hold it in place. This way, the BWD barrel nuts will have less chance to get stripped and I don't have to worry about the barrel nut coming loose.

Well,,working on a car and beating the snot out of it sure sounds like an ok day to me!

Last edited by StickyWheels; 01-02-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Ok to use threadlock on the BWD widener barrel nuts? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barrel Nuts? ReaperGN General Crawlers 12 05-22-2011 09:56 PM
barrel nuts for wheels Team Kamakaze Tires and Wheels 3 06-21-2009 02:51 AM