Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: Should I get the Losi 1/24 Micro Rock Crawler
Get it!!!!! 22 91.67%
No way!!!!! 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Losi 1/24 Micro Rock Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #1

Default Losi 1/24 Micro Rock Crawler

I am looking into getting one of these with my birthday money, and my parents don't really want me to get it because my Micro-t was a piece of junk, and it is the same brand. I tried looking to see if it is junk, but all i found was that its shocks were stiff and it had a high center of gravity, both of which are easily fixed. Has anyone had any other issues with their car?

Also, if i should happen to get it, which upgrades should I DEFINITELY get for it. Thanks!!!!!

yabbahooga
yabbahooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Losi 1/24 Micro Rock Crawler

These things are great. They are small, the upgrades are incredible, and if its your first step into RC rock Crawling you won't be into it for a lot of cash. I have a couple and my 7yo son has 1. They won't take the beating like my LMC (Losi Mini Crawler) or my 1/10 scale Bronco will,but definitely very fun. As far as upgrades look at the sticky at the top of this page and decide what you need or want, it will depend on your driving style. Last but not least welcome to the forums and have fun...
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Get one for sure ... they are far and above the "quality" of the Micro-T based cars (have one and it's a pain to deal with and all but undrivable unless you go straight ... if you turn you get to replace the diff again).

They can be had fairly cheap off e-bay ($50-$90), plan to get the HR aluminum transmission case, and some Trail Trekker suspension links and drive shafts to start for an easy, major improvement. Then snag a set of Trail trekker axle stubs and hexes and you'll have a nice, solid, fairly capable crawler for about and extra $45-ish in total over the first purchase.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

They are a ton of fun. You can spend as much or as little money as you want, but be warned...when you start spending you won't stop because you will want to keep pushing the limits of your crawler more and more and buying better parts to make it a better crawler. They're pretty reliable and parts are super cheap. My McRC is probably my favorite toy right now because it's so cheap and can go just about anywhere and is easy to take with you wherever you go (you will find little rock crawling courses everywhere you go ). Definitely find one on ebay or a forum. Usually you can find one with a few mods already on it.

For mods, I'd start with a Li-Po battery, the extra power and run time are worth it. A new servo isn't a bad investment either because the stock one isn't all that hot. I haven't gotten the HR trans case, but I haven't needed it yet (that's on my to-buy list). It really depends on whether or not your trans binds. I'd also advocate the HR drag link because it is stiffer and a little bit smaller which improves ground clearance under the front axle. Definitely go with a droop setup or find some super soft springs (I use XMODS springs under mine, the red springs from the 1st gen car work pretty well). Also move the battery to the rear axle, flip the trans, and decase the ESC and put it on the servo. Those last mods are free and definitely help this little crawler out. New tires aren't a bad idea down the road either. Some people weight their tires. I don't do that because I like a lighter rig.

Reliability is pretty good with these. Some people have had servo issues (I broke one of the internal gears, but that's been my only part failure), and there is the aforementioned trans case issue, but that's about it.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
rik
RCC Addict

Defintely worth it. I had one, traded it, and just scored 2 more within the last couple of months. These lil guys are an addiction, just like any other crawler.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

For the money, I say get it. It's an excellent option for people tight on cash and space. You can run it inside, you can mod it with inexpensive and "found" items. There are plenty of upgrades if you catch that bug. I've got two. One is slightly modified (moving the electronics and battery, weighted tires) and the other I'm going to put a custom chassis on eventually.
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #7

I am getting it sometime this week guys. Thanks for all of your replies!!!!!! i really appreciate it!!!!!
yabbahooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crawler, junk., losi, micro, rock

Losi 1/24 Micro Rock Crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Micro Rock Crawler Na'sDad Ohio 3 10-25-2009 07:03 PM