RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Micro-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Losi Micro Rock Crawler or Trekker (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/357245-losi-micro-rock-crawler-trekker.html)

Tom@Crewe 01-02-2012 04:48 AM

Losi Micro Rock Crawler or Trekker

Micro-Noob question.

I have 3 Axial SCX's and fancy a go at Micro Scale.

Is there any basic difference in the Losi Micro Rock Crawler and Trekker chassis?

And if so what and which is better for scale conversion?

8695Beaters 01-02-2012 06:46 AM

Re: Losi Micro Rock Crawler or Trekker

The TT is more of a scaler and is easier to mount a model body to. The chassis is different and it has a longer wheelbase than the McRC, which includes longer suspension links and driveshafts. I think the battery is also larger in the TT. Which you pick depends on how you're building your scaler. If you're using a model chassis, then it doesn't matter which truck you choose because you will only really be using the transmission, axles, and electronics, which are the same between the two trucks. If you want to use the stock chassis, you will be better off with the Trail Trekker. Also, it's hard to find TTs used and they are more expensive than the McRCs, so if you're on a budget, you will want to go for an McRC.

kennebell50 01-04-2012 07:51 PM

I have no regrets buying a trail trekker. I have a blast with it.

TwistedXT 01-04-2012 08:22 PM

i own both and the trekker will out crawl the "crawler".

TwistedXT 01-04-2012 08:24 PM

the trekker had a scale chassis and the micro crawler has a side plate crawler chassis. the trekker wheel base is longer and has longer drive shafts. the trekker is easier to convert to a scaler.

Midlife Crisis 01-04-2012 10:00 PM

My,, .02¢ is for the Trekker. Most bang for the buck has to go to the Trekker, the longer wheelbase and wider stance give it a huge advantage over the Crawler right out of the box. Like stated above, the conversion to scaler is easily obtainable unlike the Crawler. My Trekker is my favorite by far and it's still rocking the stock chassis (modded out), unlike my 3 Crawlers.

Tom@Crewe 01-12-2012 08:25 AM

The AD for the Trekker says ' Not only does it have a Losi radio system with Spektrum 2.4GHZ DSM technology, ' Does this mean I can only use a Spektrum Trasmitter??

8695Beaters 01-12-2012 09:30 AM

Yes, or the Losi transmitter. The Micro Crawlers all use DSM radios.

RCOG 01-12-2012 01:18 PM

I think the TT is also has a little wider track, which is usually desired. It all depends on how much of the truck your going to use. you can find the McRc's much cheeper if your just using drive train parts. EBAY "thumbsup"

Jrgunn5150 01-14-2012 10:24 PM

Especially son e the stock electronics are junk lol. Ive fried two stock esc/receiver's