Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Any one used micro t tranny/motor plate for a micro moa build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #1

Default Any one used micro t tranny/motor plate for a micro moa build?

I'm dying to have proportional dig on my micro crawler, anyone try to straight axle a micro t tranny? Any one use the qlo moa? Can the motors be replaced with losi size motors? Axial needs to make a micro moa!!!
MattMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #2

Default Re: Any one used micro t tranny/motor plate for a micro moa build?

Sounds interesting, what electronics are you going to run? I wonder if I could use 2 stock losi micro speed controls some how. What about b.e.c.'s? I get a bit of right rear axle turn (4 wheel steering) when I full throttle backwards, I've heard it's from voltage drop or something. Wouldn't 2 motors and 2 servos draw alot of amperage? I need to look into some qlo axles also!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Proportional dig should be as easy as a QLO MOA,dual ESCs, & a Hacked GT3B radio. the hacked radio handles all the mixing. same setup I use on my Berg and many others with MOA's
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #4

I already have the gt3b and I've hacked it for four wheel steering, I have a hell of a time programming this thing, I wish there was a better manual. I've seen it being used for dig online. Can I do that with a three channel rx? I wonder if the qlo axles can be made to run predator motors. Thanks for any info fellas.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Im not sure what motors the MOA Qlos use but I have seen pictures of them next to a few others, I'm sure with some fabbing a predator could work. try searching the MOA QLO threads and Im sure you will see a few pictures.
as far as the GT3B it can be a bit confusing at first, But once you learn the menus and names its easier. the GT3B hack thread in the Electronics sub forum has a few guides for the old & new firmware. Both of my GT3Bs still use the old firmware so i cant help with the new.

and yes. you can run a MOA setup with a 3ch RX. thats what I use in my Berg. 1&3 are steering CH2 is throttle
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #6

Thanks Spoo! I'll do some research and see what I can come up with. Starting to think it might be better to just get a 2.2 and start going to comps. I was going to start racing shortcourse again but I might just build a 1/10 comp crawler instead.

Any one used micro t tranny/motor plate for a micro moa build? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini/Micro - MOA - Scratch Build sweli General Crawlers 73 01-13-2014 04:46 PM
*****Give Away *** Diamond Plate Micro Skin*** Krawler Konceptz Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 31 03-07-2012 03:57 AM
Mamba Micro Pro or Torque master XL ? for MOA , Berg toy4crawlin Electronics 22 05-24-2011 07:53 AM
micro t tranny swap jwo Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 17 01-23-2010 09:27 PM