Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My Micro Course Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My Micro Course Build

Well, I have been through so many different types of crawlers so decided to buy a Losi Micro. I just purchased one from an RCC member here and waiting for it to arrive. It's pretty modified with different chassis, motor, wheels/tires, etc... I will post pics once it arrives! In the meantime, I have been trying to put together a micro course and wanted to share my progress so far. This is my first time so I'm open to suggestions, comments, etc!

I started with a scrap piece of plywood about 3'6 x 4'6 and cut up some foam coolers I had laying around. I used liquid nails to set them in place.

I decides a good idea to be able to apply the top layer was to lay down some chicken wire and mold it around the foam. I purchased a role of it at The Home Depot and was able to use a staple gun to tack it down in different spots and around the edges. My wife wasn't too thrilled about this taking place on the kitchen table!

Last edited by mcap; 12-02-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling error
mcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My Micro Curse Build

After getting it the way I wanted I trimmed the edges, stapled them down so they were out of the way, then prepared to do the old spray foam technique

About 7-8 cans later, I have it all covered, except for the back of the tall side.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

what will go on top of the chicken wire? looks good!
EDIT: Wrote this right before the second post came up
Mastah Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm posting some pics now, I'll get it as much as I have done so far updated with pics tonight!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I then decided to make this as life like as possible I need to get some type of color one it... I purchased some Krylon Fusion that's Textured and gave it a spray. Note: make sure the foams has cured for at least 12 hours because some components in the Krylon will try to break down the foam if not fully cured.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Decided that I should build some type of bridge thingy. I went to The Home Depot and the guy at the paint counter was nice enough to let me take 2 handfuls of paint stirring sticks. I cut them in half and drilled 2 holes in each end and threaded string though and formed a bridge. This is where I am not sure what to do but attempted the first part tonight. It's not the final product of course as I will be adding more bridges to connect at the top to lead down the other side. ALso, the exposed wood in the back will be covered with something or built up with more Foam. Any suggestions would be great...

Well, thats as far as I got. I will be sure to post more pics up as I complete it! Thanks for your comments!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

looks like its guna b a sweet little course
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Looks great man! I woud definitely include some little rocks to make it that much more fun. Check out DJmedic's course to get an idea.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, I hope so! I don't even have the truck yet, haha. I would like to figure out this bridge thing. Figure it would be fun to climb up one and decend down another
Old 12-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
Looks great man! I woud definitely include some little rocks to make it that much more fun. Check out DJmedic's course to get an idea.
Oh good, I definitely will. Good point with some little rocks. You think just strategically place them around permanently or lay them loose?

My Micro Course Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any one used micro t tranny/motor plate for a micro moa build? MattMead Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 09-17-2012 01:10 PM
Captains Curse monster truck william g Non Crawler RC's 0 08-18-2011 03:44 PM
Got a curse word battery hummer6504x4 Electronics 13 06-13-2008 06:20 AM