Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: HOMELESS HOBBIES Micro Toyota FJ build ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Losi Micro Trail Trekker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: HOMELESS HOBBIES Micro Toyota FJ build ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Losi Micro Trail Tre

I got some progress done yesterday but nothing today, had to work on wifeys car instead.

After extensive mock ups and measureing I trimmed the rear fender wheel a bit and it seems the wheel base is now perfect. Once I get it back to gether with tires mounted it will dictate weither more trimmimg will be needed, I ideally want to mount the body low as possible for scale realsim and COG purposes.
Stock mods consist of 180ing the trans and swapping motors wires for spin direction, I also made some finish panels for the sides of the chassis to keep the motor/trans hidden. For mounting the body I'm going to try small rare earth magnets that my friend "Big Fluffy" picked up for me. I will have more progress and pics tomorrow !

BONDONUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: HOMELESS HOBBIES Micro Toyota FJ build ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Losi Micro Trail Tre

Still have a couple things to do yet and a little paint work befor it's 100% complete.
I removed all the unneeded screws and CA'd everything, the screws weight just short of 6 grams. I however prob added all that and more back on with the styrene,magnets and a few screws. Still have to fine tunes the F&R wheel wells, waiting till I get the new tires mounted.
I like the look without the plastic BL rings, looks clean and more factory/scale ?

Here's a short video showing the strenth of these little Rare Earth Magnets are from HaborFreight and Tool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fySSFmgswOM

This saw is soo nice to work with on the pastics, Habor Freight & Tool.

Last edited by BONDONUTZ; 12-13-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Awesome

I'll be buying a scale body for my trekker I think
razors 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Old 12-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
I'm HUGE in Japan!

Jeff! Your awesome bud!
ScaleDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

The video link post #22 is now functional, sorry.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

This is without a doubt this is the smallest working item I've ever made from Styrene, hope you like it Dustin ?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
I'm HUGE in Japan!

Holy chit thats the coolest ever!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #29
RCC Addict

That swingout is #1!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

OK, Just finished the........... LED's !
The LED's have their own seperate plug that on the battery in of the ESC so they are not on all the time. A lot of work had to be done to make them fit in this tiny assed trucks headlight bezels. I also flat blacked the entire inside for a much cleaner look. Last thing is the tires which I might do tonight ?

Here's a very short video showing the LED's with the light low, they are running on the stock 220mah 4.8 NiMH so with a 2s pack they should mondo bright !
leds 001 - YouTube

Last edited by BONDONUTZ; 12-14-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Man you are definitely one of the illest over here on RCC! Man ........you and Homeless Hobbies is about to make me pack my family up come to Florida ! Great work !!!!
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Thanks a heap my brown brother !

You prob have better scaler/crawler terrain where your at tho ?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

so are you going to be mounting the swampers on the stock wheels for now?
wmartinlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmartinlsmith View Post
so are you going to be mounting the swampers on the stock wheels for now?
yes sir !
Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONDONUTZ View Post
Thanks a heap my brown brother !

You prob have better scaler/crawler terrain where your at tho ?
Haven't found it like that yet like talking about it! Plus there are not even a hand full of crawlers or scalers near me to get out and show off a lil. Have to drive 3+ hours or so to go where they do scale and crawl. I do have my personal test spot in my yard plus a nice duck off that is about a block from my house that I will start taking my flex shot pictures at!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Oh yeah BTW.....I am using that swing arm tire rack on my next build! .......FAT KID ENGINEERING ROCKS!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17dean View Post
Oh yeah BTW.....I am using that swing arm tire rack on my next build! .......FAT KID ENGINEERING ROCKS!!!!!!

FKE is on FaceBook now also, I have a LOT of pictures to post yet.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Now the FJ is finially complete and Baby has new shoes.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #39
I'm HUGE in Japan!

This has gone so far past my expectations that I'm not sure how to thank you! OUTSTANDING JOB!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Hey no problem my friend, when I work on other peoples things for $ or trades my level of attention & detail is as if I'm working on my own stuff.

You take great care of us at BARCO and my efforts on your FJ is ust a show of appreciation, I'm glad your happy with everything I did.

Tags
boggers, homless hobbies, losi, rc4wd, toyota fj

HOMELESS HOBBIES Micro Toyota FJ build ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Losi Micro Trail Trekker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Micro Trail Trekker F250 scaler build broncobeast79 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 17 10-11-2013 11:21 PM
dustinbleh's *BRUSHLESS* Losi Micro 4x4 Trail Trekker Build! dustinbleh Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 63 08-01-2011 03:15 PM
Losi Micro trail Trekker ? ? ? DRV KRAWLER Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 02-15-2011 03:24 PM