Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Jim's Specter! O.o

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #381
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Jim's Specter! O.o

I still just want the chassis
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #382
RCC Addict

treber81, alterchristopher: I am making progress, I will be posting images soon. It's been taken to the next level and is freaking me out.

desii3d: I have it assembled but I gotta figure out an easy way to grind the flat on the ends. I used a calculator for the distance between axles and cut the plates on the laser. It spins effortlessly. I will post images in a new thread. Thanks for the interest.
Fungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #383
RCC Addict

I know you want to put out the best product you can, but at some point you have to call it version 1 and start production ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM   #384

No worries on my part. I am just super excited to see it all finished up. The progress has been a blast to watch!

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk
treber81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #385
Pebble Pounder

It has been amazing to watch it evolve. I can't wait to get my hands on one. I am more excited for this little guy than any of my other planned or current builds...

Mrdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #386
RCC Addict

I have been subjected to so many problems, personal, health, etc. I continue to try to be motivated and make progress. My priorities are a mess. I never intended to irritate anyone.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #387
Rock Crawler

Im still holding out for the little chassis. Almost put the losi on eBay.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #388
RCC Addict

Your not, but I know you have revised this thing alot and I know how one can get lost revisions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #389

Hope things straighten out for you man. Like I said before no worries on my part. I have just really enjoyed the progress and when and if you choose to go into production, you have at least one sale! Keep up the stellar work on this thing, even if it never makes it out to the public it has been super fun to watch the progress!

Old 03-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #390
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
I have been subjected to so many problems, personal, health, etc. I continue to try to be motivated and make progress. My priorities are a mess. I never intended to irritate anyone.
No worries, Jim. RC, no matter what facet, is and always will be just a hobby. Life comes first, brother, and if this thing has to take a back seat for a while, then so be it. If it never comes to fruition, then so be it. Hell, if nothing else, consider selling the plans and your work to this point to Axial. maybe it's the push they need to get a micro line started. And what better rig than a Wraith to start off with.

Handle life, my friend. And if you have extra time and decide to continue on with this project, I'm sure we'll all be excited to see its progress. If you decide to put it down for a bit, we'll all be just fine. You've pretty much pioneered the way on this little guy and maybe someone else will pick up where you left off and keep pushing forward.

It's not at all worth beating yourself up over. We're here for ya' no matter what, man!
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #391
Rock Stacker

Quote:
desii3d: I have it assembled but I gotta figure out an easy way to grind the flat on the ends. I used a calculator for the distance between axles and cut the plates on the laser. It spins effortlessly. I will post images in a new thread. Thanks for the interest.
No worries Jim. After 5 heart attacks myself I know you gotta take care of you first, the hobby can wait. I'm also interested in one of your frames for my S-10 project as well, so far all I have is the body doner kit. I want to make this more of a trail basher than a crawler so looking into ways to get more wheel speed. no idea yet on what kind of motor I'll be using but I want the motor under the hood, electronics in the cab, battery in the bed (under a custom toneau cover) and its going to be a dark metallic AF Blue... other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Dave
desii3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:26 PM   #392
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
you havent irritated me man take your time hope you feel better got to take care of your self first man
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:04 AM   #393
RCC Addict

I was never happy with the way the project turned out. My one main goal for this scale tuber was to have a driver, but there just wasn't room.

My first task was to shift the transmission 1/8" to the right.

I then made a model of a transmission "cover" to hide all the RC stuff in the shape of an interior. This part had three revisions before it was right. I vacuum molded the parts from clear 0.020 PET-G.

I got some seats from ebay that fit my driver figure perfectly. I had to do some minor trimming to get the driver seat in there. The passenger seat is taken over mostly by the motor. I plan to make it look like a cooler, or tool box is in the seat. I dunno yet...

Here it is with the skins on, but no roof. The electronics board will be hidden in the rear area above the shocks. The battery is under the windshield. I've added alternate shock mounting locations on the dual vertical panel sub chassis. I also changed to a closer wheel design.

Feedback is welcome. Thanks for watching.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #394
Pebble Pounder

FEEDBACK!!----U WANT FEEDBACK!!---I"LL GIVE SOME F'in FEEDBACK!---- this is just crazy cool.. you have some MAD skills. just unbelievable! i bow to your master superior fabricating skills. hows that?
jenijohnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:39 AM   #395

Looks awesome man!

Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #396
Pebble Pounder

So the skid slides into the passenger side chassis plate ? I'd like to see some more pics of the passenger side.
Looks good and great idea. I've also been thinking about how to get a driver and seat in some kind of single seater rig.
You could get rid of the passenger seat and put some gauges, switches and a shifter on the transmission cover. Might look cool.
cjgotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:16 AM   #397
Rock Crawler

This thing just keeps getting better and better! I'm glad these aren't in production yet, cause I don't know how to explain to the wife that I need to buy one... Or more! Keep up the good work! I'm loving the wheels.
R.Billy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #398
RCC Addict

Thanks for the comments everyone! Here are some more pics. Yep, the new mount design allows for the off center mount, although the outputs are actually centered when done. ;)

I'm making the three lever setup like the Wraith has on it's dog house. Lasering the boots and using pins for the shifters. Making a dash with gauges too.

Thanks for watching.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #399
Quarry Creeper

Heck I'd send a donor vehicle and pay you well to make me an exact replica of that truck, with the driver, interior and seat, everything as soon as you have all the kinks ironed out.....
Stoovey2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM   #400
Rock Crawler

That white cage is awesome! Is that painted or printed in white material? I would be more than interested in just the engine/tranny cover. It would be perfect for my current S-10 truggy build.
R.Billy Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Jim's Specter! O.o - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jim's TUBER!!! O.o Fungi Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 311 08-06-2015 12:49 PM
Jim's Moab trip Mnster Videos! 65 02-20-2013 10:01 AM
Big Jim's Snipe fishh8me Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 15 12-28-2008 08:01 AM
Hillbilly Jim's FJ-40 Build Echodawg 2.2 Scale Rigs 180 08-28-2008 08:40 AM