RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Micro-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Looking for information from Micro Rock Crawler owners. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/421107-looking-information-micro-rock-crawler-owners.html)

DirtModeler 01-05-2013 12:56 PM

Looking for information from Micro Rock Crawler owners.

Hi All,

thanks in advance for your help.

I'm wondering if someone can help with some information.

I've been asked to produce photoetched beadlock upgrades for the Losi Micro Crawler.

What i'd like to know, is if there is a specific tool you use to remove the wheels for service and maintenance?

Is there maybe a lug wrench that comes with the truck (like the old Tamiya cars would?)

The reason i ask, is because i want to insure that when i do these designs, that i keep the hole inside the beadlock large enough to fit whatever wrench would be used to take the wheel off.

I appreciate your time.

Michael S. Crowley
Dirt Modeler.com

DANALLY 01-05-2013 08:11 PM

Re: Looking for information from Micro Rock Crawler owners.

There is a T wrench that comes with the Micro's. I use it most of the time but some of my rigs have wheel wideners and such that change how I remove the wheels.

If you want to know what "most" people use I would say the T wrench. I think it is the same one that comes with most losi micro vehicles.

8695Beaters 01-06-2013 08:17 AM

I've been using the driver that comes in the old XMODS tool kit. I think it's a standard 2.5mm driver (or whatever the size of the stock nuts is).

Basically as long as you design to fit a standard nut driver for XMODS, Mini-Zs, etc. then you should be fine.

jprock 01-06-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8695Beaters (Post 4109609)
I've been using the driver that comes in the old XMODS tool kit. I think it's a standard 2.5mm driver (or whatever the size of the stock nuts is).

Basically as long as you design to fit a standard nut driver for XMODS, Mini-Zs, etc. then you should be fine.

This!

So much easier.

I can measure my xmod wrench if needed

8695Beaters 01-06-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprock (Post 4110252)
I can measure my xmod wrench if needed

I can't find my calipers right now, so if you can that would be awesome (think roomie borrowed them and never gave them back grrrr). I use two different drivers for all of my micros (McRCs, XMODS, Mini-Zs), and they are identical. So really if you design for one driver, you should design for them all. That said, none of my crawlers ever came with the t-wrench, and because it is plastic it might be a little beefier than the metal drivers.

DirtModeler 01-07-2013 09:39 AM

Thanks everyone for your reply. I received the set of wheels for the micro crawler on Saturday i had ordered, and we're definitely going to be able to produce some wheel covers and beadlocks for it. I also have a set of the 1/18th wheels on the way.

I have to hand it to Losi, those tires and wheels are awesome, especially for what they cost.

Dirt Modeler is a static model parts company, but beadlocks and wheel covers are one of our specialties and would be perfect for these small crawlers.

The covers will likely be in stainless steel so they will be quite durable.

Here's one of the brass covers we recently produced to fit a SoReal Diecast truck.

The Losi Crawler beadlocks will again be stainless so they could be more durable. I'll be working on some similar designs, but ones that will simply bolt on the losi wheels using the existing hardware.

http://www.dirtmodeler.com/wp-conten...-1024x1024.jpg

jprock 01-08-2013 04:12 PM

You should maybe make the beadlock rings a bit bigger then factory losi one (like the over all diameter) so people who do the mod to make them functioning beadlocks have an easier time getting the beadlocked just a tiny bit bigger