Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 4 wheel steer ?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #1

Default 4 wheel steer ?????

what do u all think of a 4 wheel steer on a micro ????????? i plan on making it in to a scaler rig would it still work or would it be a dumb idea ???????
let me know what u think
minijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 4 wheel steer ?????

Here's my answer:

YES!!! Mine is full time and it really improves the agility of these. A lot of people don't like it because you can't control when it's on and off, but I got used to it pretty fast and The lines you can take really open up. If you're goot at soldering, it's an easy mod to make.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #3

I have 4 wheel steering on my rig and I like it a lot. I have a hacked skyfly fsgt3b and I have front, back, front and back and crab. I wouldn't run it full time because it can sort of get in the way some times but that's just my opinion. I use it a bit though. It makes awkward step ups a whole lot easier and there are definitely things I couldn't do without it. If you plan on using it on a scaler you might have problems clearing the rear stear on the body.
MattMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMead View Post
I have 4 wheel steering on my rig and I like it a lot. I have a hacked skyfly fsgt3b and I have front, back, front and back and crab. I wouldn't run it full time because it can sort of get in the way some times but that's just my opinion. I use it a bit though. It makes awkward step ups a whole lot easier and there are definitely things I couldn't do without it. If you plan on using it on a scaler you might have problems clearing the rear stear on the body.
Like I said, it takes some getting used to if you run it full-time. Just a matter of changing your driving style to suit the rig. It's great on a comp crawler and I wouldn't build a comper without it. While I agree the selectable 4WS is the way to go, doing it full-time is way cheaper and the pros really outweigh the cons.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I got my micro used and it came 4ws. After about 2 months the rear servo quit so I drove it 2ws til my new servo came in the mail. I never put it in, im just gonna keep it for a spare. I like the 2ws better. 4ws is fun but it makes it alot easier, and after awhile u want it to be more of a challenge.
Summit is Beast!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit is Beast!!! View Post
I got my micro used and it came 4ws. After about 2 months the rear servo quit so I drove it 2ws til my new servo came in the mail. I never put it in, im just gonna keep it for a spare. I like the 2ws better. 4ws is fun but it makes it alot easier, and after awhile u want it to be more of a challenge.
how did u lock the sterring ??????
minijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit is Beast!!! View Post
I just found some gnarlier rocks to crawl Plenty of challenge and almost impossible without the 4WS.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I didnt lock it. It was full time.
Summit is Beast!!! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 wheel steer, losi, losi micro, micro

4 wheel steer ????? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wk 4 wheel steer jesseb251 HPI Wheely King 16 02-02-2011 03:57 AM
4 wheel steer Bestdallasfan6 HPI Wheely King 6 10-06-2008 06:52 PM