Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Need how to and supply info Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #1

Default Need how to and supply info Please

Hello, My name is George. I am VERY NEW to truck/car r.c. I mainly stick to R.C military ships, Submarines and 1/16 Tanks.

BUT I would like to scratch build a U.S WWII Amphibous jeep. I plan on making it 1/18 scale and waterproof.

I have found a, what looks good to me;
Losi 1/18 Mini Rock Crawler Locked Axle Set Front and RearMRC

But like the title says the axles are locked. Can they be unlocked? If so, pictures/instructions for dummies would be great so I can see what`s involved and if I should go ahead with this.

Also I want a WWII look to it so the axles MUST be Leaf Spring ONLY supported. Is that availalbe to be bought, where and of course the hardware to connect the leaf springs to the axles and the leaf springs to the chassis.

I would Greatly appreciate any help with the above OR if these axles should be substituted please teach me, if there is other 1/18 scale available.

This will NEVER be a rock crawler but will travel in the water and on level ground, some ramps, and dirt/grass. No speed demon.

Thanks for your Time and Help.

George
GeorgeJure is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Need how to and supply info Please

I don't think they can be unlocked but this is the micro crawler section. you should move this to the mini crawler section to get a better answer.
rcdave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Need how to and supply info Please

I don't think you can unlock them without ALOT of work. there are also redcat sumo axles and rc4wd axles you could try but i dont think these can be unlocked either but look more scale.Leaf springs are avalible maybe PM Cephas see if his new chasis will work for you?

Probably want 1/18 section tho this is micro
jprock is offline   Reply With Quote

Need how to and supply info Please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modding a PC Power Supply into a 12 Volt Supply for your DC charger TwistedXT Electronics 166 05-22-2019 07:28 PM
No info on here about DIG servo? info Help Please -------------- toy4crawlin Axial Wraith 4 03-12-2012 08:07 PM
hobbycity 25amp supply and a tenma 30amp supply Spiftacu1ar Electronics 2 09-16-2009 12:27 AM
DC power supply theslowguy Electronics 3 04-01-2009 01:18 PM