Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Bah! Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #1

Default Bah! Servo

so last night i was crawling around my couch with my trail trekker when i noticed that sometimes when i turned the servo saver was engaged.....i thought huh....weird, im not driving in a stressful situation...so maybe it just needs tightening.......i tightened it and now i get a click when turning and sometimes it just snap's all the way to the direction im turning with a big click...

So im guessing i F'ed up my servo.....anyone got a suggestion on a direct replacement that is better than stock?

Once i pick up a replacement do i need to do some calibration, will i need to be splicing any wires?

I would like not to have to cut any-wires cause im fairly new to RC and really don't want to mess this thing up any more.
Shroter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

A Servo is going to be best upgrade under lipo batt. for your trail trekker.
RcLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Bah! Servo

Servos pretty much all use the same plugs, so no wiring is needed. Just plug and play!

I use an E-Flite S75. It drops right in with two minor exceptions. The first is it only uses two mounting holes, so I just bolt it to the upper set of holes on the axle's servo mounts. The second is one of the holes on the servo horn needs to be enlarged to fit the ball stud for the steering arm. If you have a Dremel or a drill bit, you can do that in a matter of seconds. I would recommend using a nut to secure the steering arm to the servo horn. The horn is really thin and it will tear out if the ballstud isn't supported.

A lot of people use Hitec MG65 servos. They are twice the price of the S75, though they are a bit stronger. I've been running S75s for a few years now and have never had a problem with them.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I'm using the $3 servo that's mentioned (I believe) in one of the threads here (maybe in the sticky threads) I've been running I hard for a month and its awesome. Next time I order ill get a few for backup at that price u can't go wrong.
The original Trail trekker I got - the c hubs were over tightened and binding the steering which ruined my stock servo
Demodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies guys.
Shroter is offline   Reply With Quote

Bah! Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
christmas... bah humbug brandonwalsh420 Chit Chat 0 12-02-2012 01:47 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Bah humbug microgoat Chit Chat 13 12-24-2010 08:40 AM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM
bah, moderators cruciface Chit Chat 86 03-27-2008 08:33 PM