Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to me Losi Trekker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #1

Talking New to me Losi Trekker

Took the plunge and bought one of these little suckers, used off ebay. Been thinking about getting into crawling for a few months but didn't want to dump a lot of $$$ into it. Looked around the net and came across this site and the micro section, saw some of the rigs you guys have made or are working on and thought, he I could do some of this stuff.

I know that a lipo is something to look into getting soon. Not sure what I want to do with it yet, seen so MANY sweet builds I'm not sure if i want to go crawler, scaler or even bigger, a monster truck. I saw some people used styrene to build their bodies and chassis, what size would be good for bodies? I know 1/8th rod is good for chassis, I know one person even used bicycle spokes to build a chassis for his TMNT.

For right now, I'm just wanting to keep somewhat low budget until I know what I need to save up for to get. Any and all comments or questions are welcome. Thank you for looking!

Here are a few pictures of the truck, and could anyone tell me what that black circle thing is?

Deathwish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New to me Losi Trekker

Welcome to the addiction!
Demodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
RCC Addict

It starts.....

THe black circle thing is a track dot. Basically used as a marker for gates on a crawler course.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

#1 is lipo go w jst connector lots of options.

Plan on a more agressive tire & heavier wheels w aftermarket beadlocks or lead shot in your tires. Weight your new Metal gear servo I used a turnigy super cheap $5. Flip your trans so your motor is forward. its all bolt in process, after you get a wrench that fits. Homemade stainless washer beadlock rings are bidget friendly. That will make your trekker crawl about 75% more terrain. Plastic dip your esc. Shave nut on bottom of each axle pig. Remove body post & front bumper so u can velcro original body to each frame end, LCG & front bumper always hit before the tires but takes a capable truck to climb.

& when you want to start spending a lot of $

Get:
beadlock wheels
(Member) Danally predator motor
(Member) Lavacapcrawling weight/widener kit
Aluminum spur
Micro t springs
Servo Y harness For lights,fan or whatever else.
RcLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #5

Wow, thanks for the comments and some answers. I'll be ordering a lipo this Friday when I get paid. What lipo do most of you guys run? It should be here sometime this week so I can work on doing a few mods to it like the tranny flip. I was searching ebay for some models the other night and I came across the Tamiya Juggernaut Junior TowerHobbies.com | Tamiya 1/32 Juggernaut Jr. and it got me thinking, would that body "fit" since it is 5-5/8 inches long? I thought about doing a micro of the actual 10th scale leaf spring version.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #6

Another question, what paint would I need to get to use on styrene? Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

The dots are frisbees to play with while it charges

Use same stuff you would use on a model for styrene
jprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #8

Alright, thanks! Are they any special ways to bend styrene?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
RCC Addict

If you know how to solder and anticipate more mods I would seriously recommend getting away from the micro jst connectors. Get yourself some of the fixed polarity micro Deans and outfit the truck, batteries, and chargers. You won't be happier when trying to fight the little connectors and end up ripping the wires out of the jst's plug...
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
If you know how to solder and anticipate more mods I would seriously recommend getting away from the micro jst connectors. Get yourself some of the fixed polarity micro Deans and outfit the truck, batteries, and chargers. You won't be happier when trying to fight the little connectors and end up ripping the wires out of the jst's plug...
I have both of my micros and all my small lipos outfitted with JSTs and I have zero issues. I like the JST connectors because you can only plug them in one way. Fried my first ESC on my Trekker by reversing polarity between the battery and ESC.

Of course I suppose it you solder them correctly, you can only connect the micro Deans one way, too.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #11

Well, it came in the mail today and wow, it's freaking SWEET!!! I'm amazed with how awesome it is. It makes me wish I had gotten one sooner!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #12

What spur gear should I go about getting since I've seen a few different ones.

Tags
losi, losi trekker, newbie, noob, trekker

New to me Losi Trekker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A few losi Mc4x4 Trail Trekker parts are llisted on losi.com spoo76 Micro Scale Rigs 6 03-16-2011 10:01 PM