Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: A Trekker like you've never seen before!- Post your kids crawlers!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default A Trekker like you've never seen before!- Post your kids crawlers!

My little girl is turning 4 on Saturday and she's always admired her older brothers MRC. I think she'll be happy

Feel free to post up micros that you've built up for your little ones.
Attached Images

Last edited by Demodude; 04-05-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Demodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: A Trekker like you've never seen before!

I just showed this to my 9 yr old daughter and she wants me to do that for her!

Nothing like crawling with the family
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
I just showed this to my 9 yr old daughter and she wants me to do that for her!

Nothing like crawling with the family
Thanks, I think this is a great little truck for little ones.. When they break- daddy can fix them....
Old 04-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Pinky!!!!
smuggl1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I love it man! I'm all about getting the kids involved.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but here's the Exceed Maxstone 16 I built for my 4 year old daughter. Stripped all the green anodized stock parts with oven cleaner, scuffed it all with scotchbrite pads, and polished it all with Mother's by hand. The plastic bead rings, drive-shafts, and trans cover got painted neon pink (can't tell in the pics), topped with a champagne-gold-green color changing Proline Mini Bug with tinted windows and her favorite sticker that says "Race for Claudia" which is her Grandmother that passed of breast cancer. Set up for 2s with a HK LiPo buzzer.

89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

That's rad! Love the bug body and the color!!!!!!!

We can turn this thread into a "your kids micro crawlers" thread if we can get others to contribute! So post em if you got em!

Last edited by Demodude; 04-05-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Default Re: A Trekker like you've never seen before!- Post your kids crawlers!

Still recovering from my girls party. She got her Trekker today and she immediately ran both batteries and had a ton of fun. I crawls grass really well! All the parents wanted to know where I got it - dads especially!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demodude View Post
Still recovering from my girls party. She got her Trekker today and she immediately ran both batteries and had a ton of fun. I crawls grass really well! All the parents wanted to know where I got it - dads especially!
The thing that seems to get my friends involved the quickest is when we bust out Brookelynn's Bug. People are literally in shock when they see the bigger picture and realize this was built for a 4 year old on a limited budget ($150). Not only do they want them for their kids, they want one!

I'm not saying that everybody's kids need crawlers, but it's a different feeling when your child opens the box of their new crawler, only to find that Dad redid the whole rig JUST FOR THEM. My Daughter just about broke down in tears when she found a bright pink bug just like she had been asking for in a mismatching stock Exceed box. She asked me immediately if I made it like that just for her.

I'm telling you guys, take the time to do something special for your children! Anything from a crawler, to a doll house, to a special day once a week just for them. When they're older they'll be the ones that remember and do the same for their kids...
Old 04-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
The thing that seems to get my friends involved the quickest is when we bust out Brookelynn's Bug. People are literally in shock when they see the bigger picture and realize this was built for a 4 year old on a limited budget ($150). Not only do they want them for their kids, they want one!

I'm not saying that everybody's kids need crawlers, but it's a different feeling when your child opens the box of their new crawler, only to find that Dad redid the whole rig JUST FOR THEM. My Daughter just about broke down in tears when she found a bright pink bug just like she had been asking for in a mismatching stock Exceed box. She asked me immediately if I made it like that just for her.

I'm telling you guys, take the time to do something special for your children! Anything from a crawler, to a doll house, to a special day once a week just for them. When they're older they'll be the ones that remember and do the same for their kids...
My oldest turns seven in August and I plan on building him his own rig. This post alone has solidified my thinking for him. Thank you.
pie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Yeah, my Trekker was actually bought for my 3 year old (2 at the time) because I had ordered a Wraith and knew he'd want to play, too. Funny...I've modded his Trekker more than my Wraith, and it's seen a lot more run time, by both of us, too. Even built him a scale mountain using Fungii's Home Depot pond liner idea. Works great! I need to order a new body and paint it up for him, though. Paint removal on this one didn't go so well.

Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Yeah, I tried dot 3 &4 and the paint stayed put. That's why I had to paint the outside
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I tried dot 3 &4 and the paint stayed put. That's why I had to paint the outside
I used some old nitro fuel.....not the best idea I've ever had. Wanted a new body anyway. Really would like to do either a Hilux or a Nissan hard body.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

My 2 6yr old nieces use my trekker..they think its histerical when it rolls more than once. They are both pretty good drivers because i built them a pink slash few years ago, they drive it on my backyard short course track. Ones really good at racing & crawling because her dad & grandpa let her steer the 1:1's up north trail riding. She crawls good too, cant believe it. Just got the oldest one to ride her first dirtbike (zebra pink duct taped) a month ago so Uncle Lee is the coolest. Gotta keep them busy, I know when I was young & bored = trouble making.
RcLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I used methyl ethyl ketone to remove the paint from the trekker body, works great on the paint and dissolved the body too!
LavaCapCrawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaCapCrawling View Post
I used methyl ethyl ketone to remove the paint from the trekker body, works great on the paint and dissolved the body too!

I'm sorry, but I just about died laughing about this one! Good ol MEK will do that to plastics. That's nasty shtuff!

Myself, I've never actually tried stripping a Lexan body. I've read a few threads saying that a good long soak in Simple Green will do it. I don't see how though, when brake fluid won't do it. Worth mentioning...
Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Did you mask off the windows, grill, etc or pull the stickers and put them back?
desii3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

A bit late but DOT4 brake fluid will remove paint from lexan. Just make sure it's DOT4 not 3

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk 4
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #18
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
well i cant do any more....

7yr old and 13yr old..

13yr old is in U14 travel soccer, deck hockey (on foot with ball on asphalt) and MMA
7 yr old is in U8 travel soccer, deck hockey (on foot with ball on asphalt) and wife is signing him up for MMA in 20 minutes...

with that... I bought my kids micros... it is funny.. while the micro thread has been here for some time.. I dont think Danally or Chevy55 were that into it at the time I got into it. I only say that becausee I picked up a score on the FS section that would not have happened if they were!!!! HAH...

but here is what i got my kids for xmas... 13yr old got the trekker and 7yr old got the sumo. Sumo is bone stock but lipo upgrade while trekker got a Danally 90t and Baja Claws.

these are cell pics from when i bought it...

RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #19

Great thread and reminder how much fun these little micros are for kids. My son is almost 3 and plays with his stock trakker 2-3 times a day since we got it 6 months ago. He's got the acceleration down for sure, now working on turning Dad's is undergoing some major mods with RC4WD rims w/Mikey baja tires and SMC 4+ chassis, Danally 90T, HR goodies, etc... it will be his by Christmas and his donated to son #2, but he's only 6 mos old, so plenty of time for upgrades...lol.

I will say, just installed these wheel weighs/widners i picked up on eBay and very impressed with them!

Losi Trail Trekker weighted wheel spacers Four (4) wheel kit with tool

Losi Trail Trekker Weighted Wheel Spacers Four 4 Wheel Kit with Tool | eBay

Enjoy and add micro lights, they'll go even more crazy at night!

Last edited by rson123; 10-02-2013 at 02:49 PM.
rson123 is offline   Reply With Quote

A Trekker like you've never seen before!- Post your kids crawlers! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new Trekker... JavelinSST390 Micro Scale Rigs 14 10-08-2012 09:58 AM
Question for Trekker (or Trekker suspension link) owners Markhpnc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 08-12-2011 05:43 PM
My new Trekker exile182 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 05-11-2011 03:14 AM