Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My brushless trail trekker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: My brushless trail trekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikekid View Post
i have never had that happen in the 5 years ive been running my micro lol. pack your axles full of marine grease and that shouldnt happen.

Am running brushed (DDT 90t) but still have put grease in all the worm gear diffs.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2016, 09:01 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

i had bought a ddt 90t motor but never installed it do to my liking of the brushless. losing torque is not a factor whatsoever with brushless( even running the biggest stock pinion and miclaws on a heavy rig.
dirtbikekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

I remember when you did this. Even bought a coupla those brushless motors. Still have them. Just didn't put it all together.

Last edited by anuthabubba; 09-11-2016 at 10:05 PM.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

well if you already have the stuff you should do it lol you will be very happy if you love torque and long run times with no over heating
Old 05-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

I don't know if you still get messages from this thread but if so, did you ever have problems overheating? mine is overheating like crazy. everything is tightened properly too. The only thing I can think of is that a zip tie got squished into the motor wires when I was tightening something down.

I'm also using a 10A ESC but that shouldn't be a problem as far as I know. Can you let me know if you ever had any issues with heat and if so how you solved it?
twomicros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:23 AM   #66
Rock Stacker

Heya, I don't know if you are still responding to this thread but I love your idea of a low KV brushless motor and I want to copy your idea! I cannot however figure out how you mounted the motor into the Trail Trekker?? I can see the mounting bracket that you cut the 2 sides off of, but then it looks like you mounted the motor to the motor plate via that mount on the motor??

But the output shaft to attach the pinion gear to is on completly the other end?? So how did you get the output shaft to come through into the Trekker transmission?? Did you make a custom motor mount on the other side? I can't make sense of the pictures.
matt889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:59 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikekid View Post

Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:59 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

Thanks a bunch for the pictures! But isn't the output shaft on the other side as shown in this picture?

Full disclosure.. I have never used a outrunner RC motor in my life, but lots of brushless in-runners!

Turnigy_1811
lightshot
matt889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #69
Rock Stacker

hey there! I've actually done this mod and it works great. what you have to do is very gently tap the output shaft back through the motor. so imagine that the output shaft is a nail and you're gently hammering it into the motor. it seems like it would break it but it works just fine. then once it's through the other side you just put the pinion on that side. I had to use a dab of super glue to stop the shaft from slipping inside of it but since then it works fine.

if you have any other questions I may be able to answer them for you.
twomicros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

exactly as twomicros said you just tap the shaft threw the other side. once you do all the work its pretty fun to play around with. if your more into going slow id do the 5g because its a little better in the low speed but if you kinda just like to go a little faster the 2900kv is pretty good. and ive never had an over heating problem with mine and i beat on it pretty good sometimes with biggest pinion and miclaws. something must be binding up on you somewhere.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:59 AM   #71

Great build awesome info Thanks
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

My brushless trail trekker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless micro trail trekker? Bigblockrockwells Newbie General 6 10-01-2013 03:05 PM
trail trekker brushless?? akrcguy Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 10-29-2012 03:17 PM
Losi Trail Trekker Gravedigger Brushless Video Included stomper4x4.com Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 02-22-2012 10:06 AM
dustinbleh's *BRUSHLESS* Losi Micro 4x4 Trail Trekker Build! dustinbleh Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 63 08-01-2011 03:15 PM
Trail Trekker RCTRUX Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 6 05-24-2011 10:42 AM