Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Again....adding another

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Again....adding another

Ok so this little addiction is still going and the wife isnt gonna be happy

I need to stop buying and start building...

got a trade going on for sumo axles so my "Wild Blue" will be underway soon...

Waiting on about 4 sets of rims and 2 motors from Danally....

then I can get stuff back together as only my Micro Raptor is functional at this point....

but wanted to show this out there as my next... I need a hauler so got one and will need to make it into a moving hauler

wasnt going to post up until i get it and get it going.. but I am very impatient and an impulse kinda guy

I did not measure the width of my micro raptor which would be on the back but from the pics it looks like it is only as wide as the truck body... to which we know the tires stick out more. So I messaged him asking him if he is willing to widen it for me as he bult it. If he can great.. if not.. guess I will cut this thing up the middle and add styrene to it.. if so that will be my first styrene challenge....

more can be seen here... guy makes these and will take custom requests...

1 24 Revell 77 Chevy GMC Wrecker Tow Truck Rollback Flatbed 2 Car Hauler Kit | eBay

RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Again....adding another

I see an extremely sexy Rock crawling car hauler about to happen.... I hope!
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
I joined the Band!

but of course!!!!!!!!! hah...thoughts already rattling through my head...
losi axles, trans, danally 90t motor, those wheels with adapters....

thinking on leafs....
Old 10-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Can't wait to see where this goes! BTW, if you get to need tires/wheels let me know. I've got PILES of Xmods wheels and tires. They're around 1" tall, and could be easily modded for drive on a Losi axle. Should fit the scale well too.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
I joined the Band!

pmd ya ranger...
Old 10-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I have an xmod! it's sitting on lego bricks because I stole the tires ages ago... Poor thing! xD

If your keeping it to scale it's going to be tricky hiding the transmission in there without removing the cabin. or was that the intention?
Old 10-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intashu View Post
I have an xmod! it's sitting on lego bricks because I stole the tires ages ago... Poor thing! xD

If your keeping it to scale it's going to be tricky hiding the transmission in there without removing the cabin. or was that the intention?
it is gonna be tricky.. but dont see why it isnt doable..
that ford I had that i bought from ebay... it was consealed..

so it is possible.. most likely trans will hang down some but that is ok...my mudder has one hangin....
Old 10-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Pure Sickness is the tow bed going to function?
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Ah see that's the trick. if he wants to use the stock tires or xmod tires the truck will be much lower. My jeep the trans could't hang because of how small the tires were. so it sat way way too high for me to install seats inside the cabin area. If he uses larger tires that lift the truck a little it may squeeze under the seats. maybe..

Gotta walk the fine line between scale and offroad.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:05 AM   #10
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChino View Post
Pure Sickness is the tow bed going to function?
LOL Id like to eventually.. i see someone has a 1/10 in the fs section and watched the video...i want to find that build thread to see how it was done..

but i figure this thing will take me 4-6months to get built as I am a very busy man with the kids sports.... and coaching.... so once build and painted then functional bed is the thought....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intashu View Post
Ah see that's the trick. if he wants to use the stock tires or xmod tires the truck will be much lower. My jeep the trans could't hang because of how small the tires were. so it sat way way too high for me to install seats inside the cabin area. If he uses larger tires that lift the truck a little it may squeeze under the seats. maybe..

Gotta walk the fine line between scale and offroad.

you are correct... I am thinking of making it a "Off-Road and Recovery" machine

oh also gonna find a 1/24 toy with lights... not cop lights but hopefully a tow truck light setup.. for the roof!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RootBreaker; 10-05-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #11
I joined the Band!

oh also talked to the guy... as he is sending it out today (Saturday).. and last night he waited for me to get measurements.. but the bed will work for my micro raptor... he said 5" x 12" usable space... and my micro raptor with MiClaws is 4.75" wide... gonna be a tight fit but at least the tires wont be on the rails!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I can't wait to see how this turns out. With a 5" wide bed I may have to get one. I was thinking you could use the xmods wheels and steering parts, put the trans under the hood, and use a Losi axle under the rear to keep it low and 2wd. If the Xmods wheels and tires end up too small I have a bigger set for one of the Xmods trucks also. Just let me know.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Great idea! I have some ideas on automating the tilt and slide. Can you tell me the distance it needs to travel?
Fungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #14
I joined the Band!

I will def let u know when it comes in.... hey im gonna order more rings soon too!!!!

Sent from my Sprint Epic 4G using TapaTalk 2
Old 10-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Here's the concept. I've used it before. Take a servo and modify the final gear so it can rotate continuously. Remove the potentiometer and run the wire outside the box. Remember which wire was in the center. Get a 10 turn pot, 5 turn may work depending on diameter of the pulleys. You want linear taper and 10k to 25k resistance. Now run a cable, think old time radios dial indicator, in a loop around the servo and the pot. It is now able to position along the length as if it were a linear actuator.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

got it in today... looks good but i messed up.. when I asked him for the flatbed dimensions for some reason I saw 5 x 12 which I know is wrong... I talked to him before it shipped and he needed measurements.. so i gave them to him telling him I Wanted him to widen it cuz I dont do this kind of stuff.. well guess what.. I should have remembered he said 9x 3.5.... so im 1.25" too narrow... so will have to widen myself. So will have to learn first on something else.. or figure a way to be creative.. thinking cut down middle.. stretch and glue styrene overtop, overlapping with a bump in the middle or... I dont know.. more to come on that...

hah... for now going to sit in the box in the garage...

but I think im going to put the tow truck back on the fs section as I also have 2 yoda and 1 4runner body to put up for sale too...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

That's to bad, you can cut the axles down? or use a huge offset rim and relocate the shocks?.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #18
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChino View Post
That's to bad, you can cut the axles down? or use a huge offset rim and relocate the shocks?.
no no no im saying the width of my micro raptor is too wide to fit on the flatbed... I will cut it and widen it.. just not right now..

i got my rims and motors back from Danally so I have lots of stuff to get back together... then after all together.. then map and plan out what is next....

winter projects
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

oh ok disregard
Old 10-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #20
RCC Addict

My thoughts... This truck is perfect for hauling a more scale comp rig. What I'm trying to say is a truck this nice deserves it's own crawler specifically designed for it (with more scale in mind). Trekker axles with 1/8th offset rims is still 4" though. Sigh... If you widen the deck half an inch it would still look nice behind the pickup cab. Wider than that and you might want to look for a larger truck cab. Just my $.02

Again....adding another - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding Weight monkeyracing Tamiya XC/CC01 5 11-12-2012 01:44 AM
Adding weight??? BigMack Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 11-21-2011 03:02 AM
Adding a second rx to a tx? 0lllllll0 Electronics 4 02-20-2011 04:50 PM
Adding Cells yotachump Electronics 4 02-01-2008 11:01 AM
help with adding pics please TIMZKRAWLER Comments, Suggestions, and Help 6 11-23-2007 12:03 PM