Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Servo Deals?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Servo Deals?

I have been looking for good deals on servos for my micros, when I got my trekker the servo died within the first battery, the twitch of death, so I got the Hitec HS65HB, they were out of the MG at the time, the HG works good but I want the MG, well I went back and they had the MG but wanted $35.00, I want to get a few and couldn't see spending so much. So does anyone have the hook up got good deals on servos? they don't have to be the Hitec ones, as long as its strong works good and is inexpensive. Thanks in advance.
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Servo Deals?

These are what I use almost all the time. They are strong and work good...most the time. I do have a few that fade fast and have even had a few bad out of the box. All in all tho I am very happy with them and at under $5 each you can't loose. I have had some troubles on rigs that I do seperate ESC and receivers. For some reason my Traxxas TQ3 hated them and will jitter and dance them all the time. I switch to a HS and it stops...so just know that you do get what you pay for.

4 x MG90 Metal Geared Micro Tower Pro Servo for Plane Helicopter Boat Car New US | eBay
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The TQ setups have more resolution steps than the cheaper servos do. The chatter comes when when the radio is turned or trimmed to where the servo is between steps. Because of the difference in steps this happens non-stop. I'm battling a Redcat board in an Xmods car right now. Cheap radio-analog servo, nice radio-digital servo. That's the best I have come up with after hours of searching for an answer.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Also, Dan, check the voltage difference out of the servo port on the TQ RX and a Losi combo box. I think our stuff is 4.8V, depending on ESC the TQ could be 6V.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Sweet, for that price i just ordered the 4 pack Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
These are what I use almost all the time. They are strong and work good...most the time. I do have a few that fade fast and have even had a few bad out of the box. All in all tho I am very happy with them and at under $5 each you can't loose. I have had some troubles on rigs that I do seperate ESC and receivers. For some reason my Traxxas TQ3 hated them and will jitter and dance them all the time. I switch to a HS and it stops...so just know that you do get what you pay for.

4 x MG90 Metal Geared Micro Tower Pro Servo for Plane Helicopter Boat Car New US | eBay
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I use a hobbypeople ap-a9n, apperently the one I got has a stronger then plastic "carbon" gears and its fast! It only cost 9$ and some change but I definitely recommend it. I use it with hobbypeople 5$ 2s 350mah lipos, they last over 30 min using the xeleron 8750kv!
fitisbamg is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo Deals? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where are the best deals? shaggy2112 Chit Chat 2 01-28-2012 12:58 PM
Motor Deals... 2JSC Chit Chat 0 09-18-2010 01:45 AM