Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mini/Micro/Super?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mini/Micro/Super?

So I ran my Super micro most of the weekend, well the times it didn't break drive shafts that is. I start looking in my parts box to see if I have anything that would make it stronger, I found my stock Losi MRC drive shafts, and I'm thinking man that would hold up much better, well long story short, it would take a bit of modding to get them to work with the Sumo axels and I would still have to figure out the gearing motor issue. So then I flip over my Mini MRC and take a few quick measurements, the axels could be cut down the trans, skid, and chassis would need to be made, but if I got it all to fit ,the motor would stick out of the side big time, but it would be pure beef, and I would be able to run the big motor, big tires without the breakage.

I am just thinking out loud, anyone else ever do anything like this to basically turn a Mini into a Micro? Upside? Downside? what do you guys think am I loosing it?
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Mini/Micro/Super?

Just too big imo. Do u have one to try?
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i have a spare MRC that's been just collecting dust, i might just start with cutting down the axels to see if its just to much, next to a stock micro its way bigger, but with the mini8 rims it might make it look ok, if not i will most likley just try to get the drive shafts to work, that alone would help big time.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

It's not to bad modding the mrc shafts..They are big but they bring the beef

On sumo axles I mod the axle pinion shaft with a 1/8 music wire turned down & flattened in the right places & longer than stock...Then sleeve the inside of the mrc drive shaft with 5/32 brass tube with a grove cut into it for the grub screw to pass through...Bomb proof drive shafts is what ya get! Haven't broke one yet!

On the chev mud skipper:

MRC axles to micro Thats crazy talk, way to bulky!

Last edited by chevy55; 10-28-2013 at 09:39 PM.
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

That's what I'm talking about and even with pictures, thanks chevy55, I was hoping someone had a starting point for me to go on, I'm going to pick up the materials tomorrow, do you know the thickness of the piano wire?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The music wire is 1/8 or if your lhs has K&S swag its stock #5o7 & the brass tube is #128...

The shafts are crazy strong if ya need any help with it, hit me up!

I run them on my SB with a 1/18 bl setup & widened sumo's they hold strong & this thing is fast:

Also in my ttc silverado with widened sumo's, this monster has tons of torque & wheel speed with the 180 can & 29:1 reduction box...Ran through a modded red cat trans for the t case:

Last edited by chevy55; 10-28-2013 at 10:32 PM.
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I have a local metal supply shop near my office, I'm going to stop by on my way home. looking at the pictures, I missed the part about turning down the piano wire, did you use a lathe? all I'm working with is a drill press and dremel lol. I will still give it a shot because the drive shafts are definetly the week link, and thanks again for the pictures that helps so much.