Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Thrift store finds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Thrift store finds

So yesterday my daughter wanted to go to our local thrift store, and since i started with the micros im always on the hunt for cheep toy body's, well on our way out i found a few different things and figured i would share.

This is a portable rock course, it came with 2 dicast 4 wheel drive cars, noting like rocks on the go. lol

This is a transformer type truck i'm thinking of taking it apart and see if its usable we will see.

This is a ford truck body, its kinda wide so it probably wont get used, but for a buck you never know, could chop it up and make it work.

And last but not least a hummer body that actually looks brand new and is perfect in size, this one will make it onto a chassis

That's all folks, Thanks for looking, have you guys found anything good? post them up if you do.
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Thrift store finds

The rock course is a sweet find . Hummer looks nice and the chop top transformer truck would make a cool rig! I say go for the chop top first

And what's that in the back ?? A few kegs ?? going to be a good night
cjgotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yeah my other hobby is brewing beer, that one is also time consuming but also allot of fun!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I am always on the lookout for bodies when hitting up flea markets and thrift stores.

Found this in goodwill yesterday for $1.16. Slightly longer than a stock trekker body. Maybe good for a future project. I have found many 1:10 jeeps as well.

Got really lucky a few months ago and picked up a $300 print of a painting for $16.

Sent through a magic window using my thumbs.
Mrdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChino View Post
So yesterday my daughter wanted to go to our local thrift store, and since i started with the micros im always on the hunt for cheep toy body's, well on our way out i found a few different things and figured i would share.

And last but not least a hummer body that actually looks brand new and is perfect in size, this one will make it onto a chassis

That's all folks, Thanks for looking, have you guys found anything good? post them up if you do.

Can you give me any info on this H2 body so I can try and find 1 for myself? You interested in selling this 1? I have a 1/6 H2 and want to build a smaller version.
1/6 Hummer H2 and Jeep Rubicon

Last edited by rcdave13; 01-01-2014 at 07:31 PM.
rcdave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Here are some shots of it for ref. this is a stock length trekker with miclaws, its just sitting on top of the jeep body.

If you want it, i have $2.00 into it, so you pay the postage and $2 and its yours. shoot me a pm if you want it.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #7

I go to the thrift store all the time. I rarely find anything good.
Hylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Saw a similar, if not the same, yeller Hummer body on a RTR in Wallyworld today.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Rock course should have had to fake wood bridges and a teeter totter rock that one of the bridges sit on I no longer have the crawlers but I still got the rock case it was 30 or so bucks new
alterchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I got it for $5. and the trucks are almost the same size as the losi crawler. I tried to Google it to see what originally came with it, it looks to be in new shape, doesn't have any bridges, just rocks, i did notice that one of the rocks has a hump on top like something connected to it, im going to have to look closer and check it out, Thanks for the info.

Edit: Anyone know the name of this toy?

Last edited by MikeChino; 01-01-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I have that same exact rock course! alterchristopher is right, it should of came with two wooden plastic boards to make a teeter totter.
dirtbikekid is offline   Reply With Quote

Thrift store finds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your Battery Finds Here!! morg59jeep Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 318 02-16-2022 04:28 PM
Thrift Store H2 Build scrapen Axial SCX-10 6 06-22-2011 08:31 AM
thrift stores... braceysdad Chit Chat 28 02-10-2010 07:06 PM
Thrift store willys CrawlnSlow Large Scale Rigs 55 03-25-2009 02:58 AM