Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Nissan Hardbody

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #41

Default Re: Nissan Hardbody

I'm glad to see this thread up again too. I am currently trying to decide on what will be my first crawler, either a TT from Fungi or a 1/16 truck like the Everest or Maxstone. I just want a good enough truck that I can do scale mods too. I have to have scale. I know the TT will have many more options for bodies but also like a slightly bigger truck for the yard, tho I do see a lot of backyard fun with the TT's too. Your great scaling with this one is really helping to push me in the direction of the TT.

Really looking forward to this guy getting finished and maybe a run vid?

Watching with keen interest. Keep up the great work and thanks for still sharing.

Regards,
Jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2018, 08:31 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Man it's been awhile since I have posted any updates on here. I still have it and havent really done anything new to it. I got it out of the box about 4-6 months ago and was messing around with it and was having issues with the drive shaft from trans to transfer case popping off so I cut the mount and tweaked it a bit and re welded it to get better angles. Then ran into pinion gear slipping on shaft. After searching around and found a good guy on Instagram to point me in the right direction. Not sure his user name on here. He knows who he is lol. Was able to get some brass gears for the trans from him and he also showed me some upgrades that I went ahead and ordered. New PN racing 70t motor with PN racing Neo Magnets for it. 58T billet spur gear, billet trans case. Still need a brass pinion. Having issues finding one. And plan on swapping the servo out to the mg90 metal gear one. Also hoping to get some metal drive shaft yokes and get her rolling again this time with no issues then on to the body work and paint. I'll try and get some pics for you guys and get this thread up and running again.
balln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #43

What anice looking nissan hardbody . Am going to build one for sure
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #44

Partial to the nissan /datsun rc bodies being i was a niisan tech for 26 yrs.
raydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:20 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

I need to update this thread and hopefully get some motivation to finally finish it.

Here is some pics of the drive shaft from trans to transfer case. U joint angle was pretty steep. Ended up cutting the main trans mount and adding some angle to it and re welding it. At the same time I installed the big block motor with new magnets and the billet case with brass gears and its alot bigger then the stock setup so I angled it more to the side to sit behind the glove box. Had to do some more trimming on the dash but I'm ok with the outcome. Also fixed the front springs, the axle mounts had the springs to far back behind the axle and didn't look right. The spring is now straight up and down and compresses much better then before.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2021, 08:34 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Here is some motivation:

Finish the damn thing!

This is a great combination of modelling with the weakest material Styrene, and the strongest material Steel. Keep going!
Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:05 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape_Shifter View Post
Here is some motivation:

Finish the damn thing!

This is a great combination of modelling with the weakest material Styrene, and the strongest material Steel. Keep going!
this is what I need thanks.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Hardbody hardbody hardbody, the jokes write themselves. Awesome build, pretty unique truck, especially considering Nissan never built a 4wd D21 dually as far as I know.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:16 PM   #49

Good job! Looking good, like how you are first making it all fit, then painting. I made the mistake of first painting. Here's my hardbody, It's a '66 chevy fleet side, built on an old ambush chassis:
I just finished it, and I uploaded it to the rc car action mag, Heres the link to the reader's ride, please give it 5 stars if you would like: https://www.rccaraction.com/readers_...ry-number-294/
Jabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 05:36 PM   #50

As a Nissan fan i dig it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phoenixfabworx is offline   Reply With Quote

Nissan Hardbody - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Balln's Nissan hardbody balln 1.9 Scale Rigs 51 03-07-2014 10:16 PM
97 Nissan Hardbody DareDiver Chit Chat 10 01-29-2010 07:39 AM
Nissan Hardbody by LSTJ lowslowTJ Tamiya XC/CC01 8 07-27-2009 08:26 PM