Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Dravpnir tries to build something really small

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
DravTech

Default Dravpnir tries to build something really small

Didn't really know where to post this thread, it is not a Losi Micro Rock Crawler and it will not be a scale rig...

But regardless, this seems to be a nice start to have some fun indoors while the ground outside is covered of snow.

Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Dravpnir tries to build something really small

Seen some of your other builds, looking forward too see what you come up with.
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
DravTech

Thanks

My hopes was not to do much to this rig, but I got some ideas lurking in my head, so I guess that won't happen...

Some videos from last night. Still stock with AAA batteries. Works a lot better than I thought.

(sorry for the dark and crappy quality of the video)

http://youtu.be/P9YgT41p0jk

http://youtu.be/VIAKu70A0qQ

Last edited by Dravpnir; 01-05-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Can't wait to see what you come up with buddy! I know your intentions were to leave the rig as stock as possible, but I also know your creative side. With the innovations and ideas you've brought to just about every other corner of the hobby this should be good. Bring on the ideas! Before long you'll have me buying another to tinker with. Problem is, I have too much fun with the micros, and end up in a pile of them VERY quickly every time I pick up one. I can see my GF's face already...
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
DravTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Can't wait to see what you come up with buddy! I know your intentions were to leave the rig as stock as possible, but I also know your creative side. With the innovations and ideas you've brought to just about every other corner of the hobby this should be good. Bring on the ideas! Before long you'll have me buying another to tinker with. Problem is, I have too much fun with the micros, and end up in a pile of them VERY quickly every time I pick up one. I can see my GF's face already...
Thanks Brian and here is something that might put a frown in your GF's forehead

Managed to test mount my first CF beadlock wheel tonight. Everything fits very nicely with the Miclaws and I am very happy how they turned out

The wheels are so tight against the wheels so the air inside the tire is trapped, but that makes the tire quite soft, but it cannot collapse to much. I kinda like the feel to it. If it do not work I will add some vent holes so the air can escape.

Now I only have to order CF rings for the other three wheels and find a bunch of M2x6 mm button/cap head screws. Also got to cut up some brass rods to fit inside the wheels to get some more weight up front.

I also built in some wideners in the wheels so the axle gets a bit wider and the Miclaws still clears the shocks and links at full steering.

Old 03-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Wheels look killer! My micro F150 will be back in my hands in the next 24hrs. May have to be picking some of these up at a later date. They aren't really scale, but who cares? The only complaint I have is that I wish SW would offer a black color with a polished finish. May be worth buying polished white, then dyeing to get a polished black?
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Was wondering if you gave up on it, good to see you haven't lost interest in her. what's next on your list?
MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:33 AM   #8
DravTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Wheels look killer! My micro F150 will be back in my hands in the next 24hrs. May have to be picking some of these up at a later date. They aren't really scale, but who cares? The only complaint I have is that I wish SW would offer a black color with a polished finish. May be worth buying polished white, then dyeing to get a polished black?
Thanks and welcome back to the micro world

What I have heard is that Shapeways got problems dyeing polished parts black, that is why they only offer black parts unpolished. I have had good succes to make white polished parts black with a black marker though.

I could offer these if people are interested (and sets of brass slugs for them too I guess would be wanted) but they would be rather expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChino View Post
Was wondering if you gave up on it, good to see you haven't lost interest in her. what's next on your list?
Nah, just got to much to do and very little time... Next up are some more CF bling bling and perhaps more CF so I can ditch that ugly body.

Dravpnir tries to build something really small - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dravpnir tries to build something Super big Dravpnir Superclass Crawlers 41 12-09-2016 03:44 PM
Dravpnir tries to build something all weather fun Dravpnir G-Made Crawlers 27 02-04-2015 07:30 PM
Dravpnir tries to build something small Dravpnir Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 221 11-10-2014 02:28 PM
Dravpnir tries to build something even lighter Dravpnir EnRoute Berg 88 08-03-2014 02:58 PM
Dravpnir tries to build something light Dravpnir EnRoute Berg 125 04-23-2014 06:01 AM