Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mine!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Mine!!!

So basically I haven't built anything for myself since the micro TF2 build and I didn't have it long before it went to its new home.. So I think its about time since the weather should be getting nice soon (snowing right now}

I've started this Dodge truck a few times and it always ended back in a shoe tote and was constantly evolving from one thing to another. We'll this round i'm going to finish it up for sure and i'm kinda thinking it should be an over the top rock bouncing 4 wheel steer monster So the build commences...

The first go was almost finished, then back to the shoe box.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/att...1&d=1316304215

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/att...1&d=1316304215

Then I cut the shit out of the body after the bed got in a fight with my soldering iron...
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...oe/anew019.jpg

Now i've ditched the bed altogether and went for the truggy scene.

The list of parts i'll be using...

PNracing 50T big block on a 29:1 gearhead
Redcat RS10 TX/RX for the 4 wheel steer
RC4WD micro T-rex front axles
Tekin B1R for its 3S capability
Hitec HS-85mg servos or the mg90's I got layin around
Qlo tires on the stamped steel rc4wd beadlocks No they are not for sale...
Home grown transfer case with metal gears

Anyways here's what I got so far... Might start some bodywork next, got to make it look meaner..

Debating on either waiting for the heli mounts for the axles or to start fabbing some brass or steel units...Gunna have to be strong, thats for sure!

Hope you all enjoy this one!
MGCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mine!!!

I remember that shell, this is going to be sick bro! The shop looks killer all painted up & full of goods
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Can't wait to see more. You nailed the length on that tube bed. So many I see are too short in my opinion. Sweet job!
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy55 View Post
I remember that shell, this is going to be sick bro! The shop looks killer all painted up & full of goods
Thanks bro! Ya this cab has been around the block a couple of times but I think it will get finished up this time. Still got lots of work to do on the garage but I figured I'd tease ya a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
Can't wait to see more. You nailed the length on that tube bed. So many I see are too short in my opinion. Sweet job!
Thanks Dan! I'm liking the rear tube design and it fits qlos quite well even with the rear steer. I actually just made the ass end the same length as the hood Should make for good proportions I think. I been thinking about a set of your beadlocks for this also, but I'd need a little custom center hole work done for the trex axles... They would need a bit larger bore up the middle as the axle nuts are larger for them. Up for it?

I made a bit of progress this afternoon on the truck. Just like to start by saying.. I LOVE brass... I was looking at a few aspects of it and holding the axles under her and decided to move a few pieces around. So easy to just heat and move things...

Mocked up at ride height and wheelbase.

It may get just a touch lower, not sure yet. Still a lot of things to find space for..

Last edited by MGCrawler; 05-11-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Totally up for it. Just need an axle to use for measurements... Or at least an axle stub. I would also need to know the axle width compared to the losi so I can get a good offset. Let me know!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANALLY View Post
Totally up for it. Just need an axle to use for measurements... Or at least an axle stub. I would also need to know the axle width compared to the losi so I can get a good offset. Let me know!
Actually the stock losi/sumo wheel fit the axles fine. Your Miclaw offset wheels should get my width where I need it....what i'm in need of is a wider wheel that has an 8-8.5mm diameter center where my larger tool fits inside to install the larger nut. The hole where the axle stub goes through can still be the same as what your making now. if this makes any sense.

Last edited by MGCrawler; 05-11-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
RCC Addict

What hex? I made my rims work in place of a trekker hex and rim. If that is the one u r using to compare then all I gotta do is work on the inner diameter? If u r using the old losi hex the stub axle is shorter. Maybe a pic
Of the stub on a trekker next to those? I've never owned those Axles.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
RCC Addict

subscribed. might even motivate me to get back to my jeep WJ.

still missing that dam popcorn smiley...

klampykixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Trekker stub next to the trex axle.

A BWD beadlock has a sleeve into the rim that closest resembles you miclaw wheel... Here in the pics showing the tool that won't fit into the wheel. I need that sleeve to be big enough to fit the tool down into the wheel in order to tighten the nut. I could drill the hole bigger myself but I though it would be nice to have it perfectly done on your lathe...
Old 05-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I think I misunderstood. I thought u wanted a set of my rims

I can totally do that...I hope. I would need the rims, the nuts, and the tool to confirm it. If I saw it and didn't feel comfortable doing it I would stop and not touch it. Let me know!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I REALLY like where this is headed. My first brass tube chassis'd project is coming soon enough. I just picked up a RSMC to play with till I get my Unimog model and some other parts together, then it's truck trials time! Shhh, it's a secret...
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
subscribed. might even motivate me to get back to my jeep WJ.

still missing that dam popcorn smiley...

I think you might just have another micro project soon besides the WJ I think Jeepspeed would be cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
I REALLY like where this is headed. My first brass tube chassis'd project is coming soon enough. I just picked up a RSMC to play with till I get my Unimog model and some other parts together, then it's truck trials time! Shhh, it's a secret...
Thanks bud, Been seeing a lot more brass around here lately Can't wait to see your next project!

Made a tiny bit of progress today

????!!!!BIG-O-HEMI???

Nah.... Well maybe
Old 05-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

No i think your missing it dan he wants your wheels with a center hole that his tool would fit into. ;) I like this build except its s dodge :p
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
No i think your missing it dan he wants your wheels with a center hole that his tool would fit into. ;) I like this build except its s dodge :p
We got it hatched out in a PM...actually no mods needed as they will work just how he makes em. I'll be getting a set of his wheels very soon, should work perfect.

BTW.. I think the best thing about this build is that its Dodge Mopar or no car boys...
Old 05-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

i fix to many mopars at work these days lol muscle car mopars i'm for but newer stuff
lilws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilws6 View Post
i fix to many mopars at work these days lol muscle car mopars i'm for but newer stuff
They don't make anything like they used to.. I got a couple of old Mopars laying around, someday.

So here is a little more from today...

Got to work on the front end...

I'm starting to feel Chevy55's pain from his bouncer build from fishmouthing all these tubes.

Got started on the motor mounts.. I've still got more bracing to do on this though.

Pretty clean, now we're starting to get somewhere

Rear mount radiator?

Last edited by MGCrawler; 05-13-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
RCC Addict

love it. youre giving me lots of construction tips for my other builds. and i had completely forgotten about the XJ coming over haha so perhaps i should hold off and chuck some MRC axles n narrow offset rims under it... go big or go home eh??
Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Its because of who chrysler is hiring. BUMS...you should see the recall lot here in warren & detroit. Its SAD.
RcLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by klampykixx View Post
love it. youre giving me lots of construction tips for my other builds. and i had completely forgotten about the XJ coming over haha so perhaps i should hold off and chuck some MRC axles n narrow offset rims under it... go big or go home eh??
Thanks eh!!!

Don't forget about that cherokee bud, sounds like ya need another project

So me being a cheapskate I ordered some Align helicopter mounts that will work to mount links to these axles from a foreign country instead of paying 60 bucks for some in the US. The problem lies with the time it takes to get to my mailbox and i'm pretty impatient so... This will have to work and i'll use the align mounts on my other set of axles for the tow pig dually

Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
RCC Addict

ive discovered that the MRC axles with MiniT rims fits rather nicely under the little 1/15 ford body, so i just need to find some appropriate tires...

The axles youre using there, i always thought were a bit bulky for a micro but those Miclaws really pump them up and they look just right. Ur trusses look nice also!
watching

Mine!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
And here is mine axialdude1 Axial SCX-10 0 06-26-2012 10:22 AM
Mine so far.... Beej Axial Wraith 3 02-06-2012 02:27 PM
OK Here's Mine... fatwoul Tamiya CR-01 18 10-11-2008 04:56 PM
Here's mine............ mongoose EnRoute Berg 7 10-11-2008 09:59 AM
Well here is mine... 4stAir EnRoute Berg 7 07-06-2008 09:21 PM