Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My trekker with quick charge battery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My trekker with quick charge battery

I purchased a Losi micro sct recently and the 225mah lipo it comes with charges in about 12 minutes. I couldn't stand waiting an hour for 8 minutes of run time with the stock trekker battery. I can now charge without disconnecting anything or even taking the body off (I personally don't care about leaving the battery connected, sounds like some do- your call).

The charger also has a nice, loud beep when charged, and has a reminder beep if you space out.
The battery that comes with the new micro rally and sct sell for $15. The charger came with the micro sct but can be bought by itself as well. Im new to the hobby but I believe there are other chargers that could charge this battery quickly, but I really don't know. I recommend just buying the sct because it's a blast, too!
The battery could probably be placed on the rear axle but the shocks barely rub it, so I switched the esc and battery and called it a day.

The battery comes with a one inch long wire (not much needed for the rally/sct) so I whipped up a small extension.

I drilled 4 pairs of holes in the top deck to run 4 zip ties around the battery. The battery is sitting on some double sided tape, but it takes some force to press the charge plug on, hence the zipties.

To charge, just feed the plug through the links and press up on it! 10-12 minutes flat.

Here is the balance plug/charge port when not charging. I've yet to take this guy in the dirt (just got it and it's been cold and snowy), but a plug will be in order. It's available but comes with the battery door for the rally/sct. I may just whip something up myself.

I doubt you can disassemble the battery (maybe someone with more battery knowledge than myself) but just think how cool a scale build would be if you could mount the charge port behind a gas flap. Open the gas flap and plug the "nozzle" in to "gas up".

I read about some concerns regarding the longevity of the battery- these only came out 3 months ago, but I have run the one in my sct through probably 100+ charges and it's working great. I've charged this one in the trekker 30+ times in 2 weeks.
Tired of waiting to charge? Give it a shot!
Sorry for auto correct b.s. and whatnot I'm on a phone. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by TownsendTdi; 02-24-2015 at 08:57 PM.
TownsendTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2015, 06:50 AM   #2

Default Re: My trekker with quick charge battery

Be carefull with thoses batteries. If they get wet the little black foam get soaked and allow the current to go through. It happened to me, one cell got over-discharged and now I cant use it anymore :(. I bought 2 more and waterproofed my Micro SCT (for the snow). Now it's all dry.

But if you keep it dry, this is a very good idea, thoses batteries are very nice and with only two you can run forever as it charges faster than you can empty it!

Last edited by Mazeau; 03-01-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Mazeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the heads up! I'm only rocking this thing on my indoor course so that hadn't occurred to me.
I got a ton of snow recently (like many!) and was daydreaming about taking my micros out, but i certainly haven't done any waterproofing. Bet that's fun!
TownsendTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:22 AM   #4

I only covered the holes with tape and the battery slot. Snow is not a big threat unless it melts. It is -20 degrees Celsius (?? Farenheit) theses days here in Montreal so there's no melting involved lolll! Powder snow is building all over the plastics. I need to build fenders inside de body, but maybe not as the snow will build into the fenders and at a point it may stop the wheels (happened with another RC). I only blow (with my mouth) the snow when I get inside and it seems to be allright. Some people will put grease on the dogbones but I don't care too much since this machine is not yet discontinued.

Sorry for my aproximate english
Mazeau is offline   Reply With Quote

My trekker with quick charge battery - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just a quick question to who ever is in charge here scorpion_ax Newbie General 4 05-31-2011 08:34 PM
Would you charge this battery? xgerstandtx Electronics 3 01-04-2011 03:59 PM
battery charge mike267 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 0 11-27-2009 12:28 PM
battery charge ? pags Chit Chat 2 07-22-2008 10:03 AM
battery won't take a charge..need help mineissmallerthenyours Electronics 11 11-20-2005 06:48 PM