RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Micro-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/)
-   -   RC4WD micro tire announcement (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-micro-rock-crawler/545301-rc4wd-micro-tire-announcement.html)

fatsachs 09-20-2015 12:51 AM

RC4WD micro tire announcement

I took it upon myself to create a proposal letter to RC4WD about a week ago. It was a product proposal aimed at adding more micro tires to their lineup. I posted it in Fungi's Micro Rock Crawlers Facebook group to be copied and pasted and emailed to them by members. Apparently it worked, RC4WD has contacted me and agreed to produce more micro tires! "thumbsup"

I have been asked to compile "tread designs" amongst our forums and various groups. I am waiting to hear back as to what our reach is as far as choosing brands and such. I do not know yet if they are willing to get more licensing or if we are bound to what they already have in their lineup. i also don't yet know how many new tires they are willing to produce.

So far it seems members on the FB page have shown a lot of interest in getting a scale A/T tire. I don't mind that, I am aiming to hopefully please everyone with at least one of the new tire choices that go into production. That is where we are at right now, I am ecstatic to deliver this information to you all. Feel free to go ham with firing off your tire pics, I will get more clarity next week I'm sure as to our reach in choosing. EPIC WIN!

R.Billy Rob 09-20-2015 02:08 AM

Re: RC4WD micro tire announcement

1 Attachment(s)
:shock: Man that is absolutely awesome! "thumbsup" Off the top of my head I would like to see some old school Goodyear MTR's would be cool! That's what I used to run on my toyota. I'll try and think of some others though. This has me excited! "thumbsup"

danielk 09-20-2015 06:32 AM

standard Super Swamper tread pattern like the Aoshima tires have. They could miniaturize the 1.55 rock stomper tread pattern. I'd be down with that.

fatsachs 09-20-2015 09:52 AM

62 views and only 2 replies over this news? Wow, the FB page is much more poppin for Micros. :roll: Well all I can say is this isn't set in stone if I don't have the popularity to show them from the micro community. I was asked to get a poll going to show them as far as tread pattern preferences go. If I show them 10 votes they're not gonna figure it's even worth their time.

Brake Weight 09-20-2015 10:10 AM

Cool idea. But I'm not necessarily a scaler since my Miclaws do me fine.

But something like the burly and 1:1 useless SS Thornbird would look cool and probably perform well for a mini.

spoo76 09-20-2015 11:04 AM

Im looking forward to this. As Ive said on the FB group hopefully whatever is chose will scale down nicely. To perform well it may need bigger lugs with decent spacing, and also the X3 compound. "thumbsup"

R.Billy Rob 09-20-2015 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatsachs (Post 5300086)
Wow, the FB page is much more poppin for Micros. :roll:

I just have to say this bums me out. It seems like nobody can do anything without checking in with their Facebook first. :roll: I will never understand why people would abandon a perfectly good forum specifically designed to talk about your micro builds for a place where every idiot from your past wants to update you on what they ate last, or the fact that they just farted, or whatever. I personally am not on the Facebook page because I'm not willing to deal with all the other B.S. that comes with Facebook. I'd rather keep people from my past right where they are. And if I want to share my micros with like minded people, it'll be here. Even though I'm one of the only left. :roll: Alright, sorry about the rant, I just think people forget that real life happens outside of social media.

Back to the subject at hand I found some cool tires, although they are meant for a side by side. The tread pattern is rather interesting. Although I do feel some BFG A/T's would be pretty cool too! "thumbsup"

fatsachs 09-20-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 5300107)
Im looking forward to this. As Ive said on the FB group hopefully whatever is chose will scale down nicely. To perform well it may need bigger lugs with decent spacing, and also the X3 compound. "thumbsup"

I agree and have taken note of all those great points already, there will be nothing larger than the MT Baja Claws (2") made if I can stress that importance to them. also if I can help it nothing larger than the rok lox (1.88") either. We need more proper tire sizes that actually fit and look reasonable under 1/24 bodies. "thumbsup" Given the size of the stock rims and all others modeled after them, I can't see a tire being made under 1.75" or so. It would look like some low profile crap.

fatsachs 09-20-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.Billy Rob (Post 5300110)
I just have to say this bums me out. It seems like nobody can do anything without checking in with their Facebook first. :roll: I will never understand why people would abandon a perfectly good forum specifically designed to talk about your micro builds for a place where every idiot from your past wants to update you on what they ate last, or the fact that they just farted, or whatever. I personally am not on the Facebook page because I'm not willing to deal with all the other B.S. that comes with Facebook. I'd rather keep people from my past right where they are. And if I want to share my micros with like minded people, it'll be here. Even though I'm one of the only left. :roll: Alright, sorry about the rant, I just think people forget that real life happens outside of social media.

Back to the subject at hand I found some cool tires, although they are meant for a side by side. The tread pattern is rather interesting. Although I do feel some BFG A/T's would be pretty cool too! "thumbsup"

I am 100% with you there but you can use FB without dealing with all the sheeple and douches from yesteryear. Believe me, that is the only way I would be on there. All you have to do is not list any personal info like schools, workplaces, family or your real name for that matter. I don't have FB for anything at all other than the micro groups and I don't accept any friend requests from people other than r/c and micro folks I know. You don't have to follow people or see any of their crap, you can turn off news feed and all that.

microcrawlers 09-20-2015 11:48 AM

hey lets keep this thread on track!
with this great news i think id like something similar to proline flatirons
maybe rc4wd will finish the micro trex axle the started a couole years back
(haha in my dreams)

fatsachs 09-20-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microcrawlers (Post 5300129)
hey lets keep this thread on track!
with this great news i think id like something similar to proline flatirons
maybe rc4wd will finish the micro trex axle the started a couole years back
(haha in my dreams)

Maybe not in your dreams. There is talk about those as well, I understand it could be back in the works. Possibly. But yes, back on track. lol

spoo76 09-20-2015 12:43 PM

They already had the micro Trex in 1/18. Unfortunately it's discontinued. The nano 1/24 is the one that never made it to production. I keep saying if they could make these with plastic housings to bring the cost down and they had a metal gears they would ideal. I still hope to find the 1/18 micro Trex axles used.

MattTheGenus 09-20-2015 12:54 PM

This is reminding me of the 1/24 axle kerfuffle, I'm not getting my hopes up.

That said X2 on some super swamper tsl, my old aoshimas are starting to turn into hockey pucks :shock:

fatsachs 09-20-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTheGenus (Post 5300159)
This is reminding me of the 1/24 axle kerfuffle, I'm not getting my hopes up.

That said X2 on some super swamper tsl, my old aoshimas are starting to turn into hockey pucks :shock:

So RC4WD sends official emails to people accepting product request for production and then doesn't follow through?

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/r...pstj1wex5w.png

Terrordactyl 09-20-2015 03:23 PM

Definitely the super swamper tsl. Some AT tires would be nice as long as the compound is ridiculously soft. Maybe the dirt grabber. However unlikely it might be, I'd like to see the pitbull mad beast (maddog) or the growler!

fatsachs 09-20-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrordactyl (Post 5300221)
Definitely the super swamper tsl. Some AT tires would be nice as long as the compound is ridiculously soft. Maybe the dirt grabber. However unlikely it might be, I'd like to see the pitbull mad beast (maddog) or the growler!

Pitbull tires already has an r/c line for their tires, there's no way I'd even ask that one. S.S. TSL line has multiple models, Thornbird, bias, radial, sx, ssr, narrow and original. X3 compound will be requested on all the current and new tires proposed. For best results in an A/T tire here we have figured a more open tread design is best to choose. The dirt grabbers would look just excellent but myself and others think it would be poor in the performance department. I think if the Rok Lox get changed over to x3 compound they will excel ahead of all other tires currently offered

spoo76 09-20-2015 04:01 PM

They have in the past and even now have unlicensed tires that are "similar" within legal limits and some even coexist with a licensed version. So even if unlikely its possible and doesn't hurt to ask. Let's face it, unless there is a new micro released or a sudden boom in micro builds popularity like there was years ago this may be the last new style micro tire from RC4WD ever if not for a long time. It makes sense to pick a design that will perform well for everyone as well as look good to most. Otherwise they won't sell many and will be less willing to create anything new. For something to perform well scaled down to micro size if probably needs to have decent sized lugs and spacing as well as being soft and very sticky. As for an unlicensed RCWD tire I like the looks of the rock creeper, though I haven't tried the 1/10 myself. If it were something new they don't have I'd say any of pitbull tires, or even the axial maxxis trepador or falken wildpeak mud terrain. The falken may be a good candidate because RC4WD has a licensed 1/10 all terrain. The existing RC4WD falken A/T would be a decent micro tire, but I think the mud terrain would perform better at micro scale

spoo76 09-20-2015 04:08 PM

Wow bringing back the 1/18 axles would be great! Even if they were the unreleased 1/24 nano axles that would be awesome. I doubt its come up yet, but do you think they'd be interested in releasing the new micro tire as well as the existing micro styles in the X3 compound? Like you said I think the roklox would really benefit from it, all of them would honestly

fatsachs 09-20-2015 04:18 PM

The Rock Creepers were my first choice right off the bat. I fully plan to have them in the final proposal as I think if I get this to happen I deserve a pick right? Pitbull tires have been highly mentioned so far so I will throw Rock Beasts tread pattern into the voting as well, they can just do a "generic" close copy of them if in fact it is feasible. The Falken Wildpeak has been mentioned numerous times as well, including the part about the M/T likely being much better. I get that a lot of folks don't run their rigs outside of the couch believe me but I sure do. I'm not willing to throw away a tire option to a lighthearted, small and tight tread A/T that will just look good. There will be one or two in the voting however as they have been popular by request. I just hope most think as we do and choose a good M/T over them. I'm trying to go by what is most requested as well as what I know will do well here. It's not possible to please everyone of course but I will try.

spoo76 09-20-2015 04:51 PM

I really hope the micro scene takes off again. There was a point with the super slick (SSMT) axles it was popular. Then it really took off when the micro losi came out. Its odd that now that we have all these available parts the micro forums are so quiet. We have a vendor like Fungi for a bunch of wheels,chassis and other parts. Still plenty of 1/24,1/20,1/21, bodies, a few tires from RC4WD, the Redcat/Reely micro Sumo,the Losi Micro Crawler/Trekker and all the HSP clones for axles and trans parts. There are plenty of builds out there, A few on FB. Just rarely see them here. Hopefully the new tire will give a bit of a boost to the scene.